“I love their beer selection!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Belgian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Wisconsin
“I love their beer selection!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I've been here twice and I love the atmosphere. First time, sat outside and really enjoyed it. This time, we sat at the bar and had a couple beers. I love their extensive beer menu. The bartender asked if I had any questions about the beer and also asked what types of beer I cared for. She made recommendations and I ended up getting both of her suggestions. They tasted very good. We will visit here again, hopefully, to eat a meal and drink beer next time!

Visited January 2013

Sturgeon Bay
“Wonderful Brunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I've eaten dinner at the Milwaukee location, but this was my first opportunity to enjoy brunch at the Cafe Hollander. EXCELLENT! They have a great eclectic menu for breakfast, and everything is delicous. I know this for a fact. We were with a large group, and we sampled each other's meals. Our waitress was attentive and quick. We will be back!

Visited December 2012
West Bend, Wisconsin
“Dinner left something to be desired.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Dined with a group of 6 last weekend. My hubs and I arrived first and tried to order a drink at the bar. The bartender acted as if he was being inconvenienced. When the rest of the party arrived, we headed upstairs to our table. It appeared that they were in the middle of putting up Christmas decorations with a half-decorated white Christmas tree in the corner and a few shimmery ornaments hung up haphazardly from the beams. Our waitress was abrupt and unfriendly. The service she provided was straight out of Ed Debevic's but without the humor. Our drinks arrived just before our dinners. The butternut squash bisque was OK, not great. I ordered the seafood saute. The sherry cream sauce was tasty, as was the rice, but the dish was oddly served with formerly frozen berries on top. The fish was cooked from frozen as well, and it was apparent. My friend had a roasted chicken dish. She was grossed out by unrecognizable pieces of chicken with some sort of connective tissue or something left on? So... if it wasn't for the lovely brunch my husband and I had over the summer al fresco at Cafe Hollander, we probably wouldn't ever come back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
“A staple for us!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I actually live just a couple of towns away from this restaurant, but it is one of the places that we visit over and over again. If you have ever been to Europe and fell in love with the beer, this is place to go in Milwaukee. (They have two locations.) An amazing selection of Belgian and European beers, very knowledgeable bartenders and waitstaff that can help you pick. It's a great time, and the food is very good.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Had better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Even thought the turkey burger was homeade with green & red peppers, it was ok. The burger buns are way too big for it; and mac & cheese was ok as well. The atmosphere is great for tosa thought. Food is simply just ok.

• Visited November 2012