“Fine Seafood Dining Experience at a Fine Price in Wauwatosa” 5 of 5 stars

2550 North Mayfair Road, Wauwatosa, WI 53226
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's Seafood - Milwaukee is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 69 Restaurants in Wauwatosa
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mayfair Road and Center Street
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Fine Seafood Dining Experience at a Fine Price in Wauwatosa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed a perfectly wonderful dining experience on Saturday evening - Groundhog Day 2013. It was her birthday dinner and we were eating at McCormick and Schmicks for the first time.

Our skilled and friendly waiter was an extremely competent man named "Troy." He proceeded to take care of our every need from the fantastically prepared artisan cocktails (I enjoyed several Maple Manhattans) to the Creme' Brulee and Irish coffee at the end. We never felt rushed.

We began with a must-try appetizer; "Shrimp Kisses" (large gulf shrimp, with pepper jack cheese, and wrapped in crispy bacon, served on a bed of delicious corn salsa) and the delectable main entree's (Chef's specials; "Sizzling Atlantic Salmon" Served Tableside with Your Choice of Sauces - with Asian Black Pepper Sauce or Mushroom Truffle Broth for $ 25.95) and Pan Roasted Mahi Mahi - Boursin Cheese-Sweet Pea Risotto, Green Beans, Basil Pesto for $ 25.95) were superbly crafted and expertly prepared.

The total bill (with a 20% tip - my prerogative) was not out of line with the wonderful meal the two of us had just enjoyed (around $ 150).

The music played throughout the meal on the restaurant's sound system was all a blend of Indy-artists with no tune recognizable to either of us; but in that way, didn't dominate, or distract the decor and feel of the evening.

While the two of us had dressed more like business casual, there were patrons dining with GB Packer jerseys as well. The temperature was very comfortable and the ambient dining sounds from other customers was minimal, thanks to the acoustics; carpeting and hardwoods.

I highly recommend this fine restaurant for a fine dining experience.

• Visited February 2013

Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Happy Hour Specials!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you are looking for a great deal on happy hour "pub food" this is the place to go! Great deals and they have an early and late happy hour...great for those who'd like a bite to eat after a movie.

Visited October 2012
Wales
“Lunch Splurge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We decided to splurge on lunch here recently. We started with the buttermilk crusted oysters on a jicama horseradish slaw. They were amazingly good, crunchy on the outside and lovely soft fresh oyster on the inside. As our entree, one of us had the lobster tower salad. I wish we had taken a pic because the presentation was so beautiful. However, the salad contains crisp pancetta which seemed to overpower the taste of the lobster which was kind of a waste. Otherwise the salad was good, greens were fresh and crisp and it is a large portion. The other entree we ordered was the broiled whitefish. We were assured it was fresh caught, which is an absolute necessity for whitefish. It did not taste as fresh as I have enjoyed in Bayfield, WI when it is just off the boat the same day but was tasty. It came with garlic mashed potatoes which were very good and sauteed fresh veggies which were a nice tender crisp. Their lemon butter sauce is amazing and we also ordered the crab butter sauce on the side and dipped everything we could in it, including the lobster from the salad. All in all we enjoyed our lunch at M & S and will probably go back when we want a seafood orgy. Service was good and everyone was very friendly. They do not seat you right next to filled tables if they can avoid it so you feel very relaxed.

• Visited November 2012
Richfield, WI
“If You Love Seafood and Good Service, Head to M&S's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It was my birthday, and since my husband had heard me compliment the lunches I'd had at McCormick & Schmick's, he made reservations there for my birthday dinner. Online reservations were convenient and easy to make. We were greeted by who appeared to be the manager. He seated us and provided us with menus that said "Happy Birthday." Our server was efficient and knowledgeable. She answered our several questions about the fresh fish and some of the sides. She brought warm sourdough bread with butter. We started our meal with the coconut shrimp. These five, nice-sized shrimp were accompanied by two small servings of orange horseradish marmalade. The smear of sauce under the shrimp had an excellent flavor with a little spicy bite. My husband enjoyed the chopped salad, with included bacon and blue cheese crumbles. I had the candied walnut with mixed greens salad. It, too, had blue cheese crumbles and a nice balsamic dressing. After the appetizer and salads, and a slice of the warm bread, we were joking about taking the entrees home! We did take a portion of each home to enjoy later. My husband said his shrimp and andouille “mac & cheese” was excellent. The sausage slices and shrimp were both of decent size, not just slivers or pieces. The cheese sauce was flavorful. I had the lump crab stuffed shrimp, which came with roasted vegetables (carrots, squash, red peppers) and a mash of potatoes and red peppers (pretty orange color!). My entree was excellent, and in fact, I had my take-home portion for breakfast the next day! We'll be back. One suggestion to M&S: offer a dessert to the guest having a birthday. We didn't expect singing at the table (no thank you!), but a complementary dessert would have been a great topper to a celebratory dinner!

• Visited November 2012
Mesa, Arizona
“Great Seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

While in the Milwaukee area, we went to McCormick & Schmick's for dinner. Had a seafood combination bowl and it had more in it than I could eat. The taste was wonderful and almost like getting the food right from the ocean to the table.

The atmosphere was comfortable and the wait staff was pleasant and cheerful as well.

Highly recommend this restaurant chain. I have never been disappointed with their food.

Visited October 2012