“Good value” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Madison, Wisconsin
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

It is ok. Finding this place its a little confusing, you need to drive around the Holliday Inn Express. Some of the edging on the laminate is coming off. It is clean though. The breakfast was less than I expected, packaged oatmeal, granola bars and packaged muffins. Coffee was good! .They have a few oranges and apples too. No juice or waffles. There is really no seating area got breakfast, two chairs and a coffee table. The beds are comfortable. The rooms are large. We did not hear the traffic outside at all.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Ken – Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, spacious room during your stay. Still, I am sorry to hear that you had difficulties finding our location. As well, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our breakfast offering.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Burlington, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We stayed here after we attended a concert in downtown Milwaukee. The front desk staff was friendly and the room was just fine. The breakfast was limited but we weren't looking for anything extravagant.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Arlington Heights, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

It's a little shop worn and the location isn't central by any means but the room was clean, well appointed and palatial and the staff was friendly and competent. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat. It was farther from downtown than I had realized and Milwaukee does have traffic problems at rush hour, which are mitigated by taking surface streets, adding a few minutes.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. I am sorry that our hotel's location was not ideal for your needs; however, I am glad to read that you were pleased with your room and our wonderful staff. We hope to see you again soon.
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I decided to move from the Extended Stay in Brookfield to the one in Wauwatosa because it was a closer drive to work. It is right off the Hwy 45/I894. It is not what I expected. The building has a lot of maintenance that needs to be repaired. The faucet to turn on the shower in my room is stuck probably due to the hard water. I have called the front desk and asked numerous times for it to be fixed so I can take a decent shower and nothing has been done. The rooms are outdated. My room gets cleaned one a week and the quality is not great. It looks like only my bed has been made. I have been staying at Extended Stay Hotels whenever I relocate temporarily for work and it is all the same with the exception of Brookfield. I am considering switching to another hotel if my concerns are not addressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your shower wasn't working properly and that you weren't satisfied with the housekeeping service you've received. In response to your feedback, I am working with Maintenance and Housekeeping staff to make sure this does not happen again.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mww@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a weekend here and were pleased. The hotel is conveniently located next to Highway 45/100 with easy access on and off, also very close to the Zoo and Mayfair Mall. The property is a little difficult to locate because it is behind the Holiday Inn Express, without good signage after the sign at the road. Room/bathroom is spartan, but nice to have the full size refrigerator and kitchen. Continental breakfast is minimal, on a table across from front desk with no seating available. Staff was friendly and helpful and the property was clean. Beds had firm mattresses and gave good sleep. Because of Extended Stay nature, there is not daily room cleaning but only weekly. For us it was the best value for money in a great location in Milwaukee!

Room Tip: The hotel is between the highway and railroad tracks, so would be good to request a room facing away...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent 10 nights here. Let me say that I travel for business combined with pleasure, I stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights or more across the S.E.& Midwest so I have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). The room was clean with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and (very) basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, but offered coffee and oatmeal bars & muffins to go.. The hotel was clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room.. Comfortable beds, WIFI and TV where so-so. This is an older property I say it is 2&1/2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Medford, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After reading some online reviews I was worries about staying here. I am not sure what some of these reviewers were talking about but we had a very good experience with the motel. The place was clean and quiet and the staff was great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa? Share your experiences!