“Not What I Expected” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
“Not What I Expected”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I decided to move from the Extended Stay in Brookfield to the one in Wauwatosa because it was a closer drive to work. It is right off the Hwy 45/I894. It is not what I expected. The building has a lot of maintenance that needs to be repaired. The faucet to turn on the shower in my room is stuck probably due to the hard water. I have called the front desk and asked numerous times for it to be fixed so I can take a decent shower and nothing has been done. The rooms are outdated. My room gets cleaned one a week and the quality is not great. It looks like only my bed has been made. I have been staying at Extended Stay Hotels whenever I relocate temporarily for work and it is all the same with the exception of Brookfield. I am considering switching to another hotel if my concerns are not addressed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your shower wasn't working properly and that you weren't satisfied with the housekeeping service you've received. In response to your feedback, I am working with Maintenance and Housekeeping staff to make sure this does not happen again.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mww@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We had a weekend here and were pleased. The hotel is conveniently located next to Highway 45/100 with easy access on and off, also very close to the Zoo and Mayfair Mall. The property is a little difficult to locate because it is behind the Holiday Inn Express, without good signage after the sign at the road. Room/bathroom is spartan, but nice to have the full size refrigerator and kitchen. Continental breakfast is minimal, on a table across from front desk with no seating available. Staff was friendly and helpful and the property was clean. Beds had firm mattresses and gave good sleep. Because of Extended Stay nature, there is not daily room cleaning but only weekly. For us it was the best value for money in a great location in Milwaukee!

Room Tip: The hotel is between the highway and railroad tracks, so would be good to request a room facing away...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I spent 10 nights here. Let me say that I travel for business combined with pleasure, I stay in hotels almost every week for 2-4 nights or more across the S.E.& Midwest so I have experienced the good, the bad & the ugly & I am picky within reason (hate dirt, mold & or stench). The room was clean with microwave, coffeepot, full size refrigerator, stove and (very) basic utensils, pans toaster etc so you can cook your meals if you so desire. This is a suite hotel which means you get more amenities for less$, but you do not get daily room service, you get room service once a week (if you want clean sheets, towels etc they will gladly give to you at the front desk). Because it has a mini kitchenette they do not serve breakfast, but offered coffee and oatmeal bars & muffins to go.. The hotel was clean and well appointed, There is a laundry room.. Comfortable beds, WIFI and TV where so-so. This is an older property I say it is 2&1/2 stars at most. But if price matters it could be your spot. I would not hesitate to stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Medford, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

After reading some online reviews I was worries about staying here. I am not sure what some of these reviewers were talking about but we had a very good experience with the motel. The place was clean and quiet and the staff was great!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Waterloo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night for a concert in mid July. It was quick and easy to get to Miller Park from there. It is kind of hard to spot, it is behind the Holiday Inn Express so keep your eyes open!

Check in was quick and easy and the room was fine. We didn't know there was no ice machine though. There is a freezer in the room with ice cube trays, had we known we would have filled them before we left for the concert. But besides that minor inconvenience we had no problems with our stay at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this location, was fairly close taxi drive to Petitt Ice Center, where we had an Irish dance competition. We asked for 2 nd floor facing East away from highway, and it was pretty quiet. It is next door to Holiday Inn Express and walking distance from Denny's which was nice if you don't have a car. The room itself smelled a little musty, bathroom sink needed replacement looked cracked. TV had limited channels. Grab and GO breakfast limited, no high protein items. Bed was comfortable. Had full size fridge with equipped kitchen. Food room service available but we did not use it. No pool no fitness center. Does have laundry facility but did not use. Was able to open windows to aerate room. Smoking policy needs to be strictly enforced,since they was clearly smoking going on in adjacent rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

for an extended stay this hotel is cheap but does not have clean rooms. service at the front desk is good. insects in the room and towels that are not really white anymore, spots of yellow and grey.burns in counters in the room. some air units are better but most don't produce enough air or are noisy. limited tv channels that does not include history channel

Room Tip: do not stay on third floor because railroader are on this floor and are noisy at all hours, plus som...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room was not cleaned to our high standards. Please accept my apology.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the staff and we are working on some retraining so everyone here knows what is expected of this hotel to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mww@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Been to Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa? Share your experiences!