“Served its purpose” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
alaska
“Served its purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this location, was fairly close taxi drive to Petitt Ice Center, where we had an Irish dance competition. We asked for 2 nd floor facing East away from highway, and it was pretty quiet. It is next door to Holiday Inn Express and walking distance from Denny's which was nice if you don't have a car. The room itself smelled a little musty, bathroom sink needed replacement looked cracked. TV had limited channels. Grab and GO breakfast limited, no high protein items. Bed was comfortable. Had full size fridge with equipped kitchen. Food room service available but we did not use it. No pool no fitness center. Does have laundry facility but did not use. Was able to open windows to aerate room. Smoking policy needs to be strictly enforced,since they was clearly smoking going on in adjacent rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

for an extended stay this hotel is cheap but does not have clean rooms. service at the front desk is good. insects in the room and towels that are not really white anymore, spots of yellow and grey.burns in counters in the room. some air units are better but most don't produce enough air or are noisy. limited tv channels that does not include history channel

Room Tip: do not stay on third floor because railroader are on this floor and are noisy at all hours, plus som...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that your room was not cleaned to our high standards. Please accept my apology.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with the staff and we are working on some retraining so everyone here knows what is expected of this hotel to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mww@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel and does not have regular daily room cleaning but is available for an extra charge if you need it. This is a nice hotel for long stays and self sufficient travelers. Laundry and some vending on premises. Very limited free breakfast of granola bars and piece of fruit. Rooms have full size refrigerators, a small microwave and a stove top. A few basic dishes for cooking. Be sure to wash before using as you have no idea who washed them last or how well. Multiple grocery stores within a short drive.

My room was clean and well maintained. No complaints. All staff was very friendly.

Hotel is close to the highway and plenty of shopping and restaurants close by but not quite walking distance. This Extended stay is partially hidden behind another hotel. A number of my co-workers ended up in the lobby of the wrong hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are away from the highway and are much quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Florence, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel was great. It was close to everything we wanted to do. We came to go two several baseball games and were just minutes from miller park.

The staff was great. The person who checked us in. Matt, was very helpful. He also made it a point to recognize us as we went in and out each day.

The room was nice and the only thing I wish it had was more TV channels. The kitchenette was nice too.

This hotel is also close to many restaurants which made it nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

After 3 months living in this hotel this past January to March I returned the other night. I had good service with Matt. My room was clean however the refrigerator was not emptied from the previous night. I washed clothes in the laundry. My sheets and towels were super clean. I finished the stay with breakfast. This is an extended stay so the breakfast is basic. Choices are: Oatmeal, granola bars, fresh fruit with coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Toilet leaked and smelled of sewage. Room smelled like old smoke and some sorta cologne smell. Staff was nice and helpful tho. Express breakfast lacking. No juice and not much selection with on the go food. Stadium tax increased my tax to 15% which I was not aware of when I made the reservation. 2 1/2 star hotel not 3.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Marcy - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that the staff took such great care of you during your stay at our hotel. Still, I sincerely apologize that the toilet in your room leaked and there was a slight odor. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are working to improve our inspection policies and our maintenance staff is eliminating the odor.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mww@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Wauwatosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pleasant stay. Room had everything I needed. Felt like home away from home. Loved having the kitchenette. My only complaint was the freeway noise. Will request a room facing away from the freeway next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa? Share your experiences!