“Great Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Florence, Kentucky, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel was great. It was close to everything we wanted to do. We came to go two several baseball games and were just minutes from miller park.

The staff was great. The person who checked us in. Matt, was very helpful. He also made it a point to recognize us as we went in and out each day.

The room was nice and the only thing I wish it had was more TV channels. The kitchenette was nice too.

This hotel is also close to many restaurants which made it nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

After 3 months living in this hotel this past January to March I returned the other night. I had good service with Matt. My room was clean however the refrigerator was not emptied from the previous night. I washed clothes in the laundry. My sheets and towels were super clean. I finished the stay with breakfast. This is an extended stay so the breakfast is basic. Choices are: Oatmeal, granola bars, fresh fruit with coffee, tea, or hot chocolate.

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Toilet leaked and smelled of sewage. Room smelled like old smoke and some sorta cologne smell. Staff was nice and helpful tho. Express breakfast lacking. No juice and not much selection with on the go food. Stadium tax increased my tax to 15% which I was not aware of when I made the reservation. 2 1/2 star hotel not 3.

• Stayed July 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Marcy - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so glad that the staff took such great care of you during your stay at our hotel. Still, I sincerely apologize that the toilet in your room leaked and there was a slight odor. To make sure this doesn't happen again, we are working to improve our inspection policies and our maintenance staff is eliminating the odor.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mww@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
Wauwatosa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Pleasant stay. Room had everything I needed. Felt like home away from home. Loved having the kitchenette. My only complaint was the freeway noise. Will request a room facing away from the freeway next time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Close to the stadium with great accommodations, price was great and rooms clean, front desk was very hepful and very polite, we will stay again. The price and experience was good! Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I hesitated reserving a room at Extended Stay due to the bad reviews on Trip Advisor. However, we were in the area visiting relatives in Wauwatosa and needed somewhere to stay for a week. We didn't want to spend a small fortune, and we found the price at Extended Stay to be reasonable (a discount is applied if you stay for a week). We knew we'd only be there to sleep at night, but as a precaution we asked to view a room before we made our reservation. Zach took care of us, and he was very professional and friendly. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the room was. It looked as though it had been recently renovated. We had no problems during the week we stayed there. The room was clean and we found the kitchen facilities to be an added bonus. Our bed was comfortable, the room spacious and we had no problem with noise. We even had two of our grandchildren come stay with us for two nights at no extra charge. It is true that the room is only cleaned once a week, but we have no problem doing a little cleaning ourselves. When we needed fresh towels, we took the used ones to the front desk and they were replaced with clean towels. You have to wash your own dishes and make your own bed. No big deal! The "Grab and Go Breakfast" is nothing special, just instant oatmeal, granola bars, packaged muffins, coffee, tea, hot chocolate. Since we had a fully equipped small kitchen in our room, we were able to make our own breakfasts and any other meals. There also is a laundry facility on site. The lobby and hallways are drab, and could use updating, but they are clean. We found the staff to be helpful. There are plenty of restaurants either on North Avenue or Hwy. 100 and you have easy access to the freeway. The hotel is set back off of North Avenue behind a Holiday Inn and Denny's, but is easy to spot as there is a sign right on North Avenue. This was not the most luxurious hotel we've ever stayed at, but the price was reasonable, it was clean, and the service was good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I have been in this hotel for about a month and nearly every night I either can't get to sleep because of the noise or I am woken up by noise. My whole floor smells like food being burned. There is housekeeping service only one day a week unless you pay for more service. That wouldn't be so bad except whoever is cleaning my room hasn't pulled trash or wiped the counters. The front desk staff is awesome but I think the hotel is used for section 8 housing.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Jordan - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that your found our front desk staff to be really friendly; however, I am sorry for the level of cleanliness in your room and the odor on your floor. We are currently working to eliminate both of these issues by performing a deep clean and updating our cleaning procedures.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at mww@extendedstay.com. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Been to Extended Stay America - Milwaukee - Wauwatosa? Share your experiences!