You added Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center to your Saves list
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Wauwatosa
Escanaba
“Dirty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for an appointment to Froedert hospital. She is wheelchair bound. The handicapped room was in a convenient location and the continental breakfast was fair at best.
However; The room was filthy and musty smelling with a heavy odor of Fabreeze. The shower was the biggest disappointment of all. After a shower the bathroom floor along with the shower floor was extremely slippery and hazardous. Very dangerous especially for someone with limited mobility.
It is an old hotel and is showing it's age.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room. If feasible.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
sue_walton, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
I have addressed these issues with our maintenance and housekeeping department. Thank you for your honest opinion and we are working to make things better!
Warm Regards,
Sue Walton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

We stayed here for the Brewers-Twins series. The hotel is a bit dated, but the lobby and our room were both clean. The room was a nice size. The TV was a complete joke, with no color, but not a big deal as we did not spend a lot of time watching. For the price and the relative closed location to Miller Park, it was a good value. There is also a Denny's Restaurant across the hotel parking lot, which is convenient and provides good meals at a decent price.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third (top) floor.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

Arrived to find dried urine splatter on my toilet seat and bathroom floor sticky. Sent someone up to wipe off my toilet seat with spray bottle and old rag. Wiped floor myself with wet paper and bottom came up black. Colleague found french fry next to her desk, Another had a window that was stuck open about a half and inch an would not close in winter weather. Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
sue_walton, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2011
On behalf of the hotel, I apologize for any room that is not up to our standards of cleanliness. It is our policy to inspect each room every day. Thank you for your feedback. We have addressed your concern with the housekeeping staff.
Sincerely. Sue, Sales Manager
Evergreen, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

This hotel was clean and did the job for a nights stay, but the rooms were dated - time for a remodel. If I was in the area again I would do some more searching before staying here again...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
North WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here last Dec 2009. First choice for a return visit. Same good value. Same good service. Same recommendation. Beginning to feel like I found a home.Will return. Zeldaberg

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

We were here for a seminar, and quite frankly- kids were running and screaming down the halls at 8 am. They were opening the doors to oour room repeatedly. They thought it was funny. I went out and asked the front desk lady (Carolyn) if they allowed this type of behavior normally (had been going on for an hour) and she said " No, but I was on the phone". As I turned around, I literally saw kids jumping off a brick wall, to furniture below- it looked about 5 foot- and Carolyn said nothing to them. The worse part was that the parents (I suppose they were the parents) just sat there and ate their breakfast. I would never let my children act like this, nor would I fear that they would. These kids seemed as though they were hopped up on something. If I had planned on going out the night before and sleeping in, I would have been so mad-- I am still in shock. Never again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

I fell in love with the staff at this property. The housekeepers were so nice. I was only there two days and the woman in the front and housekeeper remembered my name.

I am a smoker and though Wisconsin stopped smoking EVERYWHERE (I am not complaining) all I had to do was mention it and they upgraded me to a room with a balcony. I cannot express enough how much I felt appreciated for spending my money.....AND THE ROOMS WERE HUGE!!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Milwaukee- West Medical Center? Share your experiences!