“I am glad we decided to go to an old favorite” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Wautoma

Super 8 Wautoma
You added Super 8 Wautoma to your Saves list
Super 8 Wautoma
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   W7607 State Road 21 and 73, PO Box 578, Wautoma, WI 54982   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Wautoma
Houston, TX
“I am glad we decided to go to an old favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Over the past 10-15 years we have frequently stayed at the Super 8 in Wautoma because of its convenient location to our family in Princeton, WI. Sometimes we have stayed just one night, sometimes 3 or 4. We have traveled enough to know that Super 8 is a good, economical place to stay. Not fancy, but suitable. After reading some reviews this year I was apprehensive - had things gone bad there? We checked in, and the answer was loud and clear - things were good! Friendly and helpful front desk people, even talked briefly with the owner as he came by. They said "No problem" to having a friend and his family come over to swim with us at the pool. Great fun! I have stayed at Super 8's around the country which I would not recommend, but this one remains on the recommended list. One thing for everyone to note: the last weekend in July will be awfully busy - because of the Fly-in every year at Oshkosh. Rates will be up, and every motel for miles around will be booked solid.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Management03761, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Wautoma, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
We're glad you chose to stay with us too! Come again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

The front desk was friendly when checking in. All rooms in WI are now non-smoking. When we walked into our room, it was obvious it used to be a smoking room. A family member has asthma, so we can't be around smoke. I went to the front desk to ask for a room that was never a smoking room. They were so appologetic, and understanding. They moved us to a different room. She kept saying how glad she was that she was able to move us. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The only complaint we had was the carpet was a little damp. It may have been just cleaned, we don't know. It was much nicer than what I would have expected at a Super 8.

I would definitely stay here again. It was very clean and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your nice comments! We hope to see you again sometime.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2010

The rooms are clean, the continental breakfast is good. The beds were not the most comfortable but for a one night stay it was tolerable. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Janesville, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights in July. 2 adults and 2 teenagers. We made our reservations early in March and secured a rate of $85.00 online which included a AAA discount. Upon arrival, clerk told us that our rate was a deal as the per night had now been increased to $100/night. Basically you are paying these high rates as Wautoma is a tourist town and there are few choices. This place is definitely not worth $100.00 a night.

Well, here is my honest opinion of Super 8. It is just average. Nothing more than that. No elevator, so if you have trouble climbing stairs, ask for a room on the 1st floor. 2 small double beds in our room, not queen. No refrigerator in room, Pillows were pathetic. They were so flimsy, you needed at least 2 per person, however, they only gave you 2 per bed. Bedspreads appeared a little dated. Our blanket on bed had a few stains and I asked the clerk for a clean one. No problem. Rooms were pretty clean, however, it could have been vacuumed a little better as I saw dust behind the bedside table and in the corners. AC worked well.

Continental breakfast-coffee, watered down juice, waffle maker, a few small sugar donuts, 2 kinds of cold cereal, toast and bananas. Definitely not up to $100/a night standards. About 4-5 tables in room. Could use a few more tables and chairs and another waffle maker. People standing around waiting for tables and waffle maker. Perhaps get rid of couches (or move them over) and put in more tables and chairs.

Assistant manager friendly and helpful. This place is ok however, realize that the price is high because of the location and not because of any high amenities. I frankly feel that if a place is going to be charging this much money, they need to improve the breakfast, get better and newer linens in rooms, get refrigerators for rooms and get more tables/chairs in breakfast room. The guy who owns this place also owns the Americinn across the street so I am sure that they amenities over there are probably the same but I am not sure. I have stayed at this place 3 years in a row. Perhaps it is time for a new place.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
SE Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2009

Although we had a rather noisy end room next to the stairwell (a ski party had a loud late return/early departure), we enjoyed our one-night stay very much. The kids loved the pool and hot tub, as did I (their mom). We also brought our pet dog (for a flat $10.00 fee for her part of the room rental). This stay was in Jan. or Feb. of 2008. The staff was also more than cordial, and the breakfast foods provided were more than ample (great waffles, by the way).

The kids, dog, and I will be making the same trip again this winter and will be able to stay for two nights this time - weather permitting :)

Keep up the great job, Wautoma Super 8 !! See you soon!

Stayed January 2008
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2008

I went to visit my dad when he was staying there on a business trip, as I have several times before. The property is kept up nice, and the staff is always super friendly.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing stood out
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Southern Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

I Stayed at the Super 8 in Wautoma Years Ago so Decided to Return as My First Stay Was Super & This Stay Was As Well!

Upon My Arrival Laura at the Front Desk Was A Charm! I Had Booked Online & Mentioned I Would Prefer a Non Smoking Room Due to Asthma. Laura Noticed My Online Request & Put Me Upstairs So I Would Not Be Close to Smoking Rooms Already Booked. I Was Concerned About Getting My Luggage Upstairs With My Asthma as There is No Elevator But Laura Offered to Help Me If I Needed Help.....How Very Sweet She Was! The Room Was Super Clean & I Was Super Pleased! In the King Room You Have A King Bed, Recliner Chair, Desk Plus Table With 2 Chairs & a Nice Size TV With Plenty of Cable Channels. They Have a Fridge Which Includes a Top Freezer and a Microwave and Coffee Maker. This Was All On a Wall With Counter Top & Sink Which is Really Nice. FREE High Speed Internet Connected Immediately & Never Let Me Down. If I Have Any Complaints it Was That The Bed Was a Bit to Firm for Me But That Was MY Problem & Not the Motels. Upon Checkout I Wanted to Book a Room for a Upcoming Event & When I Asked if There Was a Room With Softer Bedding She Showed Me a Neat Room Which Has a Queen Bed in a Separate Bedroom & Sofa Plus the Fridge/Microwave Combo and Two TV's. It is a Very Good Size Room & Will Be Perfect for Our 3 Day Stay. Laura Actually Checked the Bedding For Me Stating This Was a Newer Mattress & Might Offer Me a Bit More Comfort As Well. My AAA Rates Were Very Reasonable. Always Be Sure to Check the Super 8 Website Before You Actually Reserve. I Had the Chance to Sign Up for a Promotion For Double Points On This Stay. There is a Breakfast Room But I Did Not Eat That Morning As I Slept in Late. I Enjoyed My Stay & Will Return.

• Liked — The Helpful Staff & Clean Room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Wautoma? Share your experiences!