“Milwaukee Burger” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Milwaukee Burger”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Today myself and two friends went for lunch at Milwaukee Burger Company. This was our first time there. I have heard mixed reviews about the restaurant, but decided to try it anyway. The Fair cheese curds were good, and served hot. I ordered a burger with mushrooms and cheese. It was served to me with fries, even though I did not order them. Both my friend and I ordered burgers, and both our meals were served barely warm to almost cold. The salad my other friend ordered with no onion came with onion. We did mention this to our server, and a manager came to our table. A discount was given on the meals.
We also noticed that beverage options such as sodas were not listed on the menu.
I think the restaurant has potential, but poor coordination is driving it down. I can understand why this place is only considered OK to dine at.

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Oak Creek, Wisconsin
“Big Burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Got there right at opening on a Sunday afternoon. Doors actually opened about 8 mins. late. We were visiting from Oak Creek WI. Service was okay. I'm in the foodservice business and have been for 30 years. Our server was not a grizzled veteran but adequate. Burgers were all great! We were a table of 6 and all had different burgers. Wisco, Cheese Curd, Bleu Cheese, Milwaukee Melt, The Defibrillator,(see photo) and a build your own Bacon Cheeseburger with pickles and ketchup. The Defibrillator was mine and wholy cow!! HUGE! Good home made fries, and the kids loved their malts and shakes.My daughter suggests that you should get the peanut butter banana chocolate malt. Cheese curd appetizer was really good! I can see how there can be a wait if you're here during crunch time, but our order arrived in a reasonable amount of time. Like ... 15 minuets. That was after our app of cheese curds I would say the prices are fair for the quality and quantity of the food. Lots of TV screens for your sports cravings. A plus for Wausau.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Average Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I ate here several months after the place opened, which seems like enough time to get the place running smoothly. We were told it'd be a wait, which is hard to understand when half the table were empty on a Friday night. The actual wait was half the time they told us, which is good. Our waiter was pleasant but seemed to lack confidence and seemed like he was a little unsure of what he was doing. We tried the cheese curds-not impressed at all. They were huge squares, like the size of a small childs fist and appeared to be the frozen variety. The cheese did not seem like real cheese, but a liquidy processed cheese. Would not recommend them, especially for $8. I ordered a burger, but again, was not impressed. It wasn't bad, it was just an average burger and quite frankly, I'd rank it between Culvers and McDonalds. My husband had the wings, and never complains about his food, but did not find them to be anything special either. Glad I tried this place, everyone in town swarms to new restaurants, but for the wait, service and food, I wouldn't be in a hurry to get back and it would not top the list of places I'd recommend to others.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Detroit, Michigan
“Food good, service so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

In town visiting family, went for dinner. Our party of 5 was sat immediately, service started out good. Went down hill when food arrived. Runner brought wrong plate, which he owned up to, and corrected, so not too much of an issue. Daughters burger did not have cheese as requested. Had to remind server for refills on beverages a few times and when we reminded server looked confused. Also had to ask for silverware. And asked for ketchup, which was never brought, had to get from another table. Food tasted good. But service could use some improvements

“Don't be in any hurry”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Went to dinner with a friend tonight & was not too pleased with Milwaukee Burger Company - Wausau. Our waitress was super nice, but, we waited over an hour for our meal. No joke. And when it finally came, the order was wrong and the manager had walked away before I could say anything. I wanted American cheese but got smoked cheddar on it anyway. Thank goodness it wasn't melted (laugh again) and I could just pull it off the burger. Dave ordered his side of "poutine" which is gravy fries with curds on them & they came with no gravy. THEN the manager said he'd be right back with the gravy & we were done with our food by the time someone came back to check on us. I don't see a return visit in my near future. When the manager delivered our meal to us he said it was on him. All I could think was: Yeah, I know it is. Then when he walked away to get Dave's gravy he never came back so that I could tell him my burger was wrong anyway. UGH I know it's just a burger but REALLY!!?!?!?! Tables around us were seated, fed and LEFT before we got our food and you'd think if it took THAT LONG and a manager had to deliver it to us that it would at least be what we ordered.

• Visited June 2014