“Lobster Mac & Cheese” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Marathon, WI
“Lobster Mac & Cheese”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was my first time at Townie's Grill!! I had been to Malarkey's before but I hadn't made it back since the Grill opened. I had a lot of people recommend the Lobster Mac & Cheese and I had read a great article about Townie's in the City Pages referring to the unique treat. There was no doubt what my order was going to be :) The Lobster Mac & cheese was yummy! Something different - something I would never make at home and very good. Others in our group enjoyed the fish tacos very much, and the burgers as well. I will definitely recommend Townie's Grill to my friends and family! Keep up the good work!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wausau, WI
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Came here with a group of 10. Service was fast, but had a small menu. I had a burger, but it was nothing special. Atmosphere was okay - mostly dark as we were seated in the back by the kitchen. Connected to a bar - Malarkey's, which I understand is run by the same owner. Maybe I'll try this place again in a smaller group.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Brunch bloody mary was brilliant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here for Sunday brunch unexpectedly and it was great. Really good service, bloody mary was out of this world, we both did BYOB (build your own breakfast) which was very good.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“snowy day lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

It was time for a networking lunch on a snowy day when all of us were wondering what would be open. Townie's did not disappoint! I couldn't decide between their Guiness chili--nice and thick, plenty of beans and meat, no noodles or extra veggies--and the BLT sandwich, so I had the sandwich with a cup of chili as my side. Excellent choice! My companion had a pulled pork sandwich with both garlicky and hot dipping sauces. We won't get into how messy he got, but he loved that, and put the leftover sauce on his waffle fries. The service was attentive, just the right level, and with a noon arrival we were still easily able to get to our 1:00 meetings.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great sandwiches and salads”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had a portobella mushroom sandwich and it was wonderful. Menu is interesting sandwices and salads. Nice publike atmosphere in downtown Wausau.

Visited September 2012