“Favorite restaurant in Wausau” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Red Eye Brewing Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Wausau
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Favorite restaurant in Wausau”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is my number one restaurant in the area. Good food, often with a little twist that makes it stand out. Of course there's quality beer since it's a brewery as well. The decor is nice and unique.

Visited August 2013

Rice Lake, Wisconsin, United States
“Unexpectedly Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stopped here on the way across Wisconsin because of the reviews. But they really don't do it justice. Everyone loved their order.

“The Scarlet 7 is a must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I love this place! The food is great, I love that they have a changing pasta salad as a side dish. There is too many good things to say, so I will say the only one that really matters. Their Scarlet 7 beer is the best beer ever. I typically drink wine, but I would choose this beer over any one every day!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Small Wiscocsin Brewery”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stopped with friends to this particular brewery one weekend. If you are brave, try a local beer. If you prefer a traditional non-micro brew they have wine and soda. They are well known for their beer and pizza's. We had their beer and pizza and we were not disappointed. Even if you do not like micro-brews, at least stop for food. It will be well worth it.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great pizza and beer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stopped here while on a ski trip to granite peak. You can sample 4 of their beers for 5 bucks. We got 2 and sampled every beer on tap. If you like IPAs (sadly I don't) you will love the Thrush. I enjoyed the Bloom, a very light wheat beer.

Ordered wings as an appetizer, spicy but not too spicy. For the meal we had the pizza margarita. It was delicious! It comes with 4 pieces (we shared since we had filed up a bit on apps. But if you just get the pizza I would say its only for 1 person)

On the way out I ordered 2 howlers to bring home with me. Each howler contains 2 pints of beer (growlers contain 4). Howler is $7 and growler $14. They don't bottle/ sell beer. You can only get it as a howler or growler.

Overall great experience!