“No elevator, cold pool water” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Wausau

You added Super 8 Wausau to your Saves list
Super 8 Wausau
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2006 Stewart Avenue, Hwy 51/I-39, Hwy 29 & 52, Wausau, WI 54401-5389   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Wausau
Serena, Illinois
“No elevator, cold pool water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This motel is only 2 floors. There is no elevator. When I went for a swim, I did not warm up until I hopped into the whirlpool. Those are my only 2 complaints. The king room was spacious and very clean. Towels are decent size, pillows and mattress comfortable. Expanded tv channels and the wifi worked as it should. The hot breakfast was a choice of waffles or biscuits and gravy (or both!). The staff was very friendly and pleasant. I was skeptical of all the other fantastic reviews however, this place earns them all.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
N P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take great pride in taking care of it and by your comments we have done so. I appreciate all of the suggestions, which are very good and we will address those items. I hope that when you are back in the area you come and visit us again. We appreciate your business. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Paul, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

It was fine except for one thing. I had a price quote in advance but discovered after returning home that you had added a charge for using a safe. I never asked for a safe nor did I use a safe. I trusted that I would be charged the original price so didn't check before I left. I should have not trusted you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

N P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Hotel. We take great pride in taking care of it and by your comments we have done so. Regarding the safe charge we do have disclosure about the safe use at the time of check in and we do ask every guest to initial on that disclosure. It clearly states that there will be a charge of $1.58 for safe warranty added to your bill but at the time of check out if you did not use the safe please let us know and we will reverse the charge. Please call us at the hotel and give your information so we can reverse the charge as you did not use the safe.

wausau
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

On the 20th of January, I stayed at this super 8... Ihad previously stayed three nights before and even then noticed someone messing with the door whill my friends left... I literally had to push the door close and yell at them...tonight(20th January.... These same individuals tried numinous times to enter my room which caused hours loss of sleep... So ha Ing to get sleep I leaned a coat hanger against the door and then I laid down and turned off the light approx. 2 minutes go by then these wide dim green rays started to emerge from somewhere... Iwas terrified, then came the sound of my coat hanger hitting the ground... I chased the individuals into the room across the hall like in the previous, but this it was I packed my stuff up at 310 A.M. I received my deposit of a hundred dollars... As of right now... I haven't been reimbursed for night of terror... But I assure you they are looking around your room while you... The night manager denies any involvement with these individuals and refused to call cops, but not against me as I guess I was keeping up customers. If I were you I would be careful while staying there... I believe these individuals to be the P.I. Of sorts....for the no smoking policy. I will tell everyone this cause it is ridiculous how they are treating their clients... I James Yaney approve

• Stayed January 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Im sorry to hear that Brian B did not have a pleasant experience but I can assure everyone that I have been staying here for about 7yrs now while in the area on business and the hotel has a great staff! Nick the GM is outstanding and maybe if it was brought to Nicks attention he would have been able to help out Brian B. The hotel has gone thru many changes in the years that I have been coming here and they just keep getting better every time I show up! Great Job!!! Also within walking distance to may resturantes.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Good Morning Brent, The fact that you “will only stay at this hotel” speaks volumes to the staff here at the Super8 Wausau, WI. You have paid us a tremendous compliment. Thank you so much for your patronage, and for being a part of the Super8 family. Our staff work very hard to ensure the happiness of each guest. Your comments are a great reward for the hard work set forth. We look forward to the next time we welcome you back.

Been to Super 8 Wausau? Share your experiences!