“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Wausau

You added Super 8 Wausau to your Saves list
Super 8 Wausau
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2006 Stewart Avenue, Hwy 51/I-39, Hwy 29 & 52, Wausau, WI 54401-5389   |
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Wausau

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Whitewater, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Every year we go to Super 8 when I visit Wausau for my business workshops. This year, we went on April 19 th and April 20th. This year was great! First of all, The breakfasts are wonderful. Waffles, buscuits and gravy, apple juice, hot cocoa, coffee, cereal, warm toast and muffins! It was great not to just get a "continental breakfast" of donuts and coffee. They really do a great job there! It was also great because while I have 2 children and they both wanted help at the same time, the overnight worker ( a very nice gentleman) helped my daughter get her hot cocoa, while I helped my son. He went above and beyond my expectations. Also, the first night we were there, this same gentleman helped us out because the room full of kids was very noisy. We tried to ignore it until they started slamming doors! Again, this over night worker, went to talk to them and they were quiet the rest of the night. We were able to sleep with no problems after that.
The kids used the pool almost the entire day on Saturday. It is a bit small,, but it's nice to have the hot tub right inside the pool so we can keep an eye on the kids. They do use a lot of chlorine, but at least I know the pool is clean!

Overall, once again, we had a great stay. The room was clean, plenty of pillows, good room temperature. Very hot shower ( THANKFULLY!!!). Cleaning service was great.

We will use them again next year when we come for my annual class workshop! The price was very good for the family to stay. We stayed in a 2 queen bed room.

Room Tip: Try to stay further from the pool. You will hear less foot traffic if you do.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nick P, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for the high recommendation on our hotel. To state that we are the best considering the surrounding hotels is a great compliment. We truly appreciate the remakes and are glad to see that we exceeded your expectations. If your travels bring you back to Wausau we surely look forward to your visit. Thank you.

Been to Super 8 Wausau? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Wausau

Address: 2006 Stewart Avenue, Hwy 51/I-39, Hwy 29 & 52, Wausau, WI 54401-5389
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Wausau
#1 Best Value Hotel in Wausau
#3 Business Hotel in Wausau
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Wausau 2*
Completely renovated motel located in a thriving service section of Wausau. We are close to many restaurants, recreational areas and shopping centers. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 Wausau reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Wausau
Wausau Super Eight
Wausau Super 8

If you own or manage Super 8 Wausau, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.