“Affordable, comfortable hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Wausau

You added Super 8 Wausau to your Saves list
Super 8 Wausau
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2006 Stewart Avenue, Hwy 51/I-39, Hwy 29 & 52, Wausau, WI 54401-5389   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Wausau
Certificate of Excellence 2014
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
“Affordable, comfortable hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2011

This Super 8 is very pleasent. We stayed for one night in September.

There were quite of roadworks going on while we were there, so it took us a while to find the entrance. It's very close to the McDonald's.

The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was well stocked with the usual selections. There is lots of free parking.

There's not much around the hotel, although we did find a nice brewpub (Great Dane) about a 20 min walk away. The neighbourhood was completely safe, so walking was no problem. We passed a few joggers on our evening walk to the pub.

I would recommend this property to others.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mineral Point, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

The Wausau WI Super 8 delivers superior services at very affordable price. If you are traveling on a budget you can stay here knowing you will get a very clean and comfortable room. The staff are tremendous. When traveling in this area on business this is my hotel of choice.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed a quiet night’s sleep, as well as your guest room. I also thank you for your comments on our staff, as service is exceptionally important to us. We take great pride in knowing that guest's such as yourself have left our hotel happy. We look very forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wausau.Nick Patel
Lino Lakes, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

We stayed here one weekday evening. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and nice it was. And quiet, even though it's not far from the highway. The continental breakfast was as good as I've found in pricier hotels. Very reasonable rate - good value.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear you had such a great experience with us, and we are always glad to get feedback from our guests, and I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Wausau. Nick Patel
Texas City, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

Stayed here for three nights in October, 2011. Very affordable, pet friendly hotel. Room was suitable furnished with a small desk, old style color TV (worked fine), and Queen size bed. Had a great breakfast room. Continental breakfast of biscuits and gravy, Belgian waffles, fruit and bagels, toast and donuts was very good for the low room rate we were charged. Hotel is behind a McDonald's and is easy to access from the freeway. Fair size indoor pool. A better hotel than I expected. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway for more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Reading your comments about the Breakfast makes me want to go for it. Thank you very much for letting us know how well your experience was, from the staff to the facilities. We are very fortunate to have the space we do to offer such a wonderful relaxing pool area. We are truly grateful for your comments. Please come and visit us again soon.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was staying in Wausau for a weekend in October 2011 with two friends of mine and had the opportunity to stay at this Super 8. I had read the great reviews on TripAdvisor, and I was impressed when I got there! It was a great value and came with a lot of amenities.

The woman checking us in was friendly and courteous. Our room was clean and comfortable. I loved the fact that the hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub that's open 24 hours! I couldn't believe that. Most hotel pools close around 10 p.m., but my friends and I had a chance to use the pool and hot tub during the "adult quiet hours" after 10 p.m. It's awesome that the Super 8 offered this. Loved it.

I also appreciated the fact that the hotel had a computer that guests could use to check the Internet. Good stuff. Breakfast was very good because it had the make-your-own Belgian waffles, cereal, yogurt, etc., and warm biscuits with sausage gravy! Excellent.

Check-out was quick and easy. Everything went very well. We slept comfortably, and I would definitely recommend this Super 8 to anyone. You get a lot for what you're paying! :-)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
nickpatelWausau, General Manager at Super 8 Wausau, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete our Guest Survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our 24 hours pool and hot tub. In Wausau we are the only hotel that has 24 hours pool and hot tub.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 7158482888.

Nick Patel
Super8 Wausau, WI
Hancock, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The motel is clean, friendly employees, good breakfast, quiet comfortable rooms, not far from shopping, restaurants within walking distance, and not far off highway. The road arrangements aren't the best but not too bad. The motel is located right behind McDonald's so not hard to find. We plan to stay here every time we are in town. One of the best motels we have stayed at and we travel across the country often.

Room Tip: We were next to the steps but still it was pretty quiet.
Dear Guest:

Nick Patel
Super8 Wausau,WI
Franklin, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Stay there every Sept for 2 nights. Good value, friendly staff, clean and comfortable, stores and restaurants are near.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback and your loyalty to the Super8 Wausau, WI Hotel

Been to Super 8 Wausau? Share your experiences!