“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Wausau
Us Wi
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Cheerful room, exceptionally clean, workers very helpful. I had a marvelous 3 night, 4 day stay (April 25-28m 2013.. The price was within my budget. I was in Wausau to attend a legal convention held at Jefferson Inn. I could not afford their rates thus my choice to stay at Days' Inn. I was not impressed with the rooms my friends all had at the Jefferson Inn and they had to pay for parking each day. I would not trade my accomodations for theirs and I highly recommend this establishment. When I was in Green Bay at a Packers Game, my friends and I stayed at Days' Inn. Because our experience here was the highest that is why I chose Days' Inn in Wausau, and I am happy I did. Great rooms, free parking and a great assortment of breakfast food which also was free. Oh, the best part, there is fresh coffee all day long! Ardeth J. Thomas, Greenfield, Wisconsin.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

pam0901, General Manager at Days Inn Wausau, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank You for your review & we will see you next time. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

As always I like to mention that while traveling in excess of 100 nights a year I like to think I have a good system to rate hotels and restaurants. This particular stay was tough, as the hotel was clean in general,my room was very clean, the employee at check in was great and new his job...I chose a second floor end of the hall room as always and asked for the largest bed available. It was a double..I should also mention it was a great deal on Priceline....Only drawback to this property the way I see it, is they rent out weekly also..with that you get way more traffic that does not go through the front door....My stay was good to great but property lends itself to an occasional bad review.....but when considering price...as one should.....cant go wrong...

Room Tip: Upper floor end of the hall is my request...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review. Every guest that stays with us we stride to make it the best we can. So on the next stay with us be sure to let us know again which side of the hotel you would like.
Huntley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

1. This hotel was clean, so right off the bat you know it's ok to stay there.
2. Bed was in good condition, not lumpy or uneven or anything.

Anytime I stay anywhere those 2 things are the biggest concerns; so you're good there. Now I'll get into more specifics.

Bed: I'm 6'6" 250lbs; so I like firm beds. These beds aren't firm enough for my preferences, but like I said the bed was in good condition, I just don't understand why Hotels don't spend more on the bed. I mean, you are there to sleep, that's the primary thing they sell. I don't get why ALL hotels don't just have Tempurpedics, they last nearly forever so long term it HAS to be less expensive. Idk, not really a problem but something to be aware of, especially if you prefer firmer beds.

Room amenities: So the basic "twin" room doesn't have a fridge in it, or a microwave or safe or anything really. This would have been a big problem since this was an all weekend ski trip and I brought food to save money. They gave me a free upgrade to the 'king" room, which has a fridge and microwave. I mean, the microwave isn't a huge deal, I can walk down to the breakfast area which has one. But the fridge is a big deal. Rooms have old style CRT televisions, and cable, so it is what it is. I brought my laptop so I didn't even use the tv, I like HDTV's cause I can plug my laptop into them. Can't do that on CRT. Also just walking the halls I saw rooms that had Jacuzzi's in them, so there's room for upgrades. Hotel has no pool or hot tub, so If you want that you have to get a room with it. I wish I had known this, because I wanted to hot tub.

Location: Near Granite Peak ski area. Very near. Some decent restaurants around if you want to eat out. Buffalo Wild Wings for instance. Apparently Wasau, WI is NOT an MMA town. I wen to 4 different bars, including buffalo wild wings and the ones listed as playing the PPV UFC event ON THE UFC'S WEBSITE! But no one was playing the PPV. Bdubs put the prelims on for me, but I missed that event because of that stupid town.

Breakfast: It's a really basic breakfast. Coffee, toast, oatmeal, jelly, waffle maker I think...it's been a while. Anyway, not bad, not enjoyable tho.

Will I stay again?

Possibly, there are other hotels in that area in that price range <$100. I'll probably try other places to see if I like the beds any better. Also a hot tub is nice to have and a bit of a better breakfast would be nice. I'm not willing to spend MUCH more to get that stuff, but a little.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your review of our hotel. With reviews from guests we can try to address all different issues. We look mforward to your next stay.
Marquette, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel in the past, and have given it poor reviews at times. But this hotel does the job quite nicely now when we travel through Wausau. We use our Wyndham Rewards points to stay here, or just pay cash, because the rates are reasonable. The rooms have what you need: a bed, a TV, a shower, some coffee, and walking distance to two grocery stores and ShopKo. Easy to find off of the highway. I had a refrigerator in my room, my sister did not. Luck of the draw! Only complaint is that many of the TV channels were real fuzzy. It appears they have some wiring difficulties, because it was like that when we were here last December, too. But that's a minor complaint. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the lobby. It is a long long walk when you are at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
pam0901, General Manager at Days Inn Wausau, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank You for your review. It is guests like you that make this a good place to stay.
Evanston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The 'non-smoking' room REEKED of cigarette smoke. They moved me immediately to another less smoked-in room. Maybe this is more of a reflection on my home town than on Days Inn. Does everyone in or passing through Wausau still smoke?

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank You for your review. We stride to make our rooms a better place to stay. I will look into this issue.

Been to Days Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!