“Exceptional Personal Desk Service” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Wausau
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   116 South 17th Avenue, Wausau, WI 54401   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Wausau
Wausau, Wisconsin, United States
“Exceptional Personal Desk Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Christy was the desk clerk; she helped me with a better rate. She helped me order a pizza because I didn't have my reading glasses with me. She offered to come up and help me with the cable because I called and said some of the functions weren't working. Christy was extremely helpful and understood the personal problems I was encountering at that time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
pam0901, General Manager at Days Inn Wausau, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank You for you great response. I will be sure to give Christy a special thanks from you. We stride to make all of our guests have the best stay possible. Please come see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Booked a room through Hotwire-had last year as well. Called and spoke with Pam-regarding a late arrival. They had issue with their fax machine, and couldn't receive fax from Hotwire. Pam took care of everything-left word at desk with gentleman who checked us in and was very nice.
Room was clean and quiet-close to highway. Breakfast was typical and fine for price we paid.
Older facility but just fine to spend the night and then during the day-do your planned activities.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for your response to your stay with Days Inn. We stride everyday to help all of our guets have the best stay possible. Sometimes there is a glitch in the reservation system but we will do whatever we need to do to make your stay flawless. Please visit us again soon.
Galena
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

we arrived here and went in to check the room, the security door was broken and we couldnt get in, so we had to walk to the back of the building to another enterance, we went through a hall that was narrow and cave like. found our room. only to find a tiny room with stains running down the boxspring and bathroom smelled really bad. we all were grossed out and felt really unsafe. we promptly left. the front desk guy was very nice.. run, run very very fast..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
pam0901, General Manager at Days Inn Wausau, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
I was sorry to hear about your experience at our hotel. I;m sure if you had come back to the desk the staff could have made things right for you. I will look into the things you spoke of & correct them. Hopefully you will give us another chance in the future.
Bellevue, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

When I called the Days Inn, north, I was greated warmly, professionally, and very friendly by Christy. I explained trying to find a hotel for end of July (3 weeks away). This was a rush trip and the room would only be used for sleeping and breakfast. I needed the most economical room rate possible, as we were members of several discount clubs (triple A, etc). Christy explained rates and suggested even another discount possible just for asking. Dave checked us in on arrival and was extreamly friendly, and had all the notes Christy had put in right in front of him, making myself more relaxed than I have ever been on a hotel check in. Christy was working when I checked out, and actually remembered me, and we had a wonderful conversation. I have stayed at several extremely high end hotels, and was never treated as well as I had been at this Days Inn.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for writing your response. It is guests like you that make us shine. We stride to give the best possiable service to all our guests. We look forward to your return.
Waterford, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

upon arriving we thought we would have a nice stay, the room was clean and a nice size and the bed was comfy. We were staying here for a softball tournament and scheduled our stay for 3 nights but told them it might only be 2 nights if our team was knocked out of the tournament. They said that was fine as long as we stayed a minimum of 2 nights. Unfortunately we did get knocked out of the tournament so we quickly headed to the hotel to check out before 11. The front desk said we could not check out because we scheduled 3 nights. The entire softball team was upset along with another team who also wanted to check out. The manager would not give in and was extremely shrewd. He refused to give us our receipt and original contract. This ended in us having to pay for the third night however me and about 25 other families will never stay at a days inn again for further softball tournaments and we will be making several complaints to corporate.

Room Tip: dont get the room by the pool, very noisy or a room by doors, also very noisy
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
pam0901, General Manager at Days Inn Wausau, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
I am sorry to hear about your stay with the Days inn chain. However I think you were at the Days Inn & Suites on Rib Mountain Dr. My Hotel is Days Inn on South 17th Ave & we don't have a pool. We would be happy to host you teams next year.
winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

This was your basic hotel--the room was nice and clean and the bed comfortable enough. I had earplugs so wasn't bothered by being by an outside door but think the noise from the hall might have been a problem without them. The staff was pleasant (not that I dealt with them much). The continental breakfast was much better than the regular cheap carb breakfast that you normally get--in addition to toast, waffles, bagles, cereal, and juice they had hard-boiled eggs and yogurt--it's because of this that I give them the "Very good" rather than "Average rating"

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Thank You for your review. We depend on guest like yourself to inform us of how we are doing & if there is anything we need to improve on. We look forward to your next stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

so on saturday the 2nd of june 2012 i stayed 3 nites... first of all christy was THE MOST AWSOME helpful nice caring desk clerk i've encountered in a very long time hmm maybe ever and for anyone who knows i've been reviewing quite awhile many places all over and i tell it as it is...so bathroom is small ironing board iron fitness room laundry facilies umm a continental breakfast bed cozy clean lots a pillows ... but its a few of the staff that make the difference... CHRISTY U ROCK!!!! great desk clerk!!!! housekeeping i had alot a trash they gave me extra trash bags dont bug u n rooms are clean ummm pull down covers n sleep....couple a guy clerks first nite kindda made me angry complained of pot smell by room 129 said just so u know its not me .. he actually said in his experence its the person who says something thats doing it well... big N big O no and i dont like being blamed for drug use of any kind it really ruffled my feathers BADLY but i decided to stay yet another nite cuz christy i stayed again shes sooo great guy clercks not so much... yep i"d stay again nitie night folks p.s. pot smoke was # 128 not me gentlemen clerks n if u say its me better be ready to prove it but christy and house keepers are the real difference here no im not saying its drug ridden cuz i dont think it is....yep going back to bed days inn thank u for having clerks like christy !!!!

Room Tip: smokers get first floor lots a exit doors to not have to go far to puff tell christy hi for me cuddl...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
pam0901, General Manager at Days Inn Wausau, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Thank you for your review. We stride to make everyone's visit the best we can. The issue's you did express with the desk is being looked into & will be addressed. I hope to see you in the future & show you even more improvements.

Been to Days Inn Wausau? Share your experiences!