“Great place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Waupaca
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Hotel is very nice. Especially for northern WI. Rooms are spacious and clean, and the ale house next door is a bonus! I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Three Lakes, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel and the overall experience was very good. Clean, spacious rooms, quiet, helpful staff, great location, adjacent brew pub / restaurant, and fun pool for the kids. Definitely a great value as I have stayed in many hotels that cost a lot more that offer much less. Next time I will remember to bring the clubs. I will definitely stay here again when I am in the area and would recommend for others to do the same.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Naples, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

The hotel location is great, because it is far enough away from hwy 10 and set back from Hwy 54, so road noise is not heard in the room. The room I had was a 2 room suite, which was very spacious and included a microwave oven and small refrigerator. The rooms were so large that the furniture and appointments seemed spartan. Surprisingly, the bathroom was a little small, but fine and clean.

My only complaint was that the room heater was very noisy. It was a cold night and the heater kicked in every 15 minutes or so, waking me up. I was not able to reduce the fan noise, so I did not get a good night's sleep. If not for this noise problem I would have rated the hotel a 5.

Room Tip: The low number rooms are closest to the elevator. The high number rooms are near or above the swimm...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Foxfire, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Thank you for the comments regarding you stay. Input from our guests is very important to me and my staff, we strive to make each guest stay as enjoyable as possible. I am sorry the heater was noisy during your stay, I have addressed and corrected the problem. Next time your in Waupaca, stop by.

David Habighorst
Kalamazoo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This hotel was great. Our room was spacious and comfortable and the hot breakfast was delicious. There is a whirlpool, medium-sized pool with a basketball hoop, and a great kiddie pool with fountains and a waterfall. My kids (ages 4 and 1) spent hours playing in the pools. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, and would happily stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: we asked and got good walk-in rate during the week
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

We were staying at this hotel because we were attending a wedding in the area. We have always had nice stays at Comfort Suites before but this time we were disappointed. I have to say the motel itself was nice, and very clean. I have no issues with that. My issue was with the continental breakfast. The breakfast started at 7:00 and went until 10:00. Saturday morning we went for breakfast at 8:30. They said they were having scrambled eggs and bacon as their hot items. When we got there they were out of bacon and said they would not be serving anymore. The breakfast area was not crowded at all, in fact we were the only ones there. But I guess I can understand if you run out. But it was only 8:30 and it would have been nice if they could have fixed more. When I went to pour a glass of orange juice it too was gone. But they were also serving cranberry and apple juice so I survived. So then my husband and son decided to have a bowl of cereal. There was no milk. So again I went to the front desk and told them they were out of milk. She said "I'm sorry, it's gone" I said "You're out?" "Yes" It was 8:30, breakfast would be served for another hour and half, maybe they could go get some? So my husband decided to take matters into his own hands and drove a block away to a gas station and bought half a gallon of milk. When he walked past the front desk he just held up the half gallon and showed it to the lady at the desk without saying a word. He looked over at the breakfast area and said he saw about 7 or 8 kids sitting in the breakfast area eating dry cereal. If this had been close to 10:00 I would not have given it a thought but milk should be a staple breakfast item and if you run out PLEASE go get more. It was Wisconsin, the heart of dairy land! This one incident did not spoil our trip but if I'm in the area I probably will not stay at this hotel again. But as I mentioned the hotel is very clean and nice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
San Marcos, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We're not golfers, so being right on a golf course was not a factor for us, but the view of the course from the 3rd floor was really nice. Liked the big Jacuzzi tub and two TV's too. We mainly tried it because it was closest to the beautiful Chain O' Lakes in King. We did a "fall color" tour to the area and our summer cottage on the chain was already closed up for the winter. This was a nice substitute and close to our cottage. Our only complaint was the room seemed a little warm, and there are no individual thermostats to adjust temperature. We had to run the air conditioner all night, even though it was in the 30's outside. There was a neat gas fireplace that lights up with a flip of the switch, but it just put out too much heat into an already warm room to tr;y it out for more than a few minutes. If you are a golfer who likes a warm room, this is place would be heaven. Even so, we liked it enough to recommend it for visitors next summer if we run out of room at the cottage. Management and staff were helpful and courteous.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
West Allis, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

We had stayed at hotel in August of 2010. (recently) We went to chk in and we were greeted by a old lady *Pat*, who had no sense of humor at all. We were all happy about our trip into town coming from Milwaukee. We also had our good friends and their granddaughter with us. So we wanted to have a ad -joining rooms because it would be easier on us. Well First *pat* said she could do that for us, but it was with mumble and her face went sour. (meaning it was to much for her to do) Then she said she had rooms that we could do, but then she said no. But all of this was with a poor attitude. My son had left the card in room while we were in another room so we needed a key to get in, Well I sent my son to go get one and she was upset that she had to do something like this. Another issue we had was the beds are awful. Husband and I stayed up all night. The bed itself is hard and uncomfortable. The tv is way over by the couch so if you want to watch tv from bed you either have to sit on couch all night or sit on floor. There were bugs coming from the bathroom floor which was nasty. Also our friends granddaughter who is 19 got excited about the exercising room, but when the old lady *pat* said it, she yelled at the granddaughter saying "its for 18 and up" didnt even ask her age and talk to her but only to yell back. WOW We will not stay her again. One major point to talk about is the Waffles in the morning. Love them.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Foxfire? Share your experiences!