“dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 147 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
milwauklee
“dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Went there last evening...excellent food/pizza and pasta....great service....reasonable prices..
will go back again..
ps. met owner...very funny guy!

joe camp & family

• Visited May 2013

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I just went to Mia's again and it was terrific! I have been a regular here for years and it is always excellent. The owner and servers are really nice and accommodating. If there is ever a problem with food or service, they always take care of it right away. I'm wondering if the previous reviewer mentioned any of the issue with their server.
We ordered a new item, the basil ravioli in a pesto Alfredo....it is so good I've been thinking about it since I ate it last night.

• Visited April 2013
Racine, Wisconsin
“Good Service, Poor Food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have visited twice in the last two months---the service is good although the wait for food on both ocassions was far below average. EBA pizza was good, my cousin had the alfredo which was tasteless and bland, I experienced the perch dinner the second time around. By far, this was the poorest quality fish fry I have ever experienced. "Cook to order," something they stand by, is nothing close to the truth when it is clear the 'perch' came from a frozen bag. The garlic bread was soaked in butter, tasteless as well. Overall, ingredients are not fresh or homemade. We will no longer be frequenting this establishment.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Fox Point, WI
“Public School Cafeteria Taste (not good). Will not return”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Dined at Mia’s (800 Clinton Street Waukesha) for the first time. Reviews were good so I thought we should give it a try. We eat out 3-4 times a week and frequent other Italian restaurants in the area but have never been to Mia’s.

We sat at the bar where and ordered drinks. Miller Light $3.50, Bloody Mary $5.50, Spattten $6.
We ordered dinner spinach stuffed shells $15, mostaccioli $14 which I thought was a reasonable price for both.

The food came out and after the first bite my friend said it tastes exactly like the pasta they served in the school cafeteria. I laughed and tried it and sure enough, that’s a taste I have not tasted for 20+ years. I let my shells cool and tried them. No taste, and it was almost like they pulled cooked shells out of a freezer heated them up, found a can of the most generic sauce available heated it up to 500 deg and dumped it on the shells. I don’t even think you could find that low of a quality of food at a discount grocery store.

The couple behind us was complaining as well that their food was not very good and that they have never seen whatever they were eating served the way it was (I have no idea what they were eating). And the guy in the back of the room constantly blowing his nose and hacking was a treat!

I asked the server if they use canned food and she swore that everything was fresh and not heated up left over’s shipped from Waukesha Central High School the prior week.

I felt a little sick when I left but it might be more from my regret of wasting my time on this place and not going to one of several other great restaurants in the area. I never did get sick and felt fine in the moring.

Maybe the cook had a bad day? Maybe the water is not regularly cloudy when it comes out of the tap? I don’t know but I will not return to Mia’s.

Note: They close at 9 but their sign says 10.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sussex, Wisconsin
“Great Tasting Italian Food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I really enjoy dining at Mama Mia's on our "date nights". The restaurant itself is small, and a bit dated, but yet has a good atmoshpere for italian dining. I thoroughly enjoy the Minestrone Soup and a piece of garlic bread, which is delicious. My husband likes the EBA pizza. And we all love their lasgana dinner!!

• Visited October 2012