“Great find!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.meijicuisine.com/
Chicago, Illinois
“Great find!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Together with my wife and son were looking for a good dinner when a long trip to WI. My son did a search and found this place to be highly rated. So we went and my family trully enjoyed the experience at this place. The food was excellent...comparable to what we use to be treated with when we spent 8 years in Beijing on a expat assignment.

Long story short, this restaurant was not any other Chinese restaurant here but has taken extra effort to provide its clientele the true taste of authentic Chinese food. Besides the ambience and service was equally par excellence. My son did the Ma La Fish and he declared it was amongst the best he has tried recently.

Trust me you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

89% Recommend
Waukesha
“Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went here with some work associates. I am not a huge sushi guy, but wanted to try something different. They have a variety of japanese options including sushi and hibachi, as well as a separate chinese menu. Servie was good, as well as the food.

Visited May 2012
milwaukee, wisconsin
“I'm addicted to Meiji.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

One of my boyfriend's clients recommended Meiji's, and we are SO glad he did. We've been back three times, and I'm constantly looking for an excuse to go again, especially on Tuesdays for the specials (when the prices are even more affordable).

I wished for a Sushi Pirate (in La Crosse, see my review) near me, and my wish was answered. This is a fantastic place for maki (and many other things), presented elegantly and beautifully...a feast for the eyes as well as the palate.

We are always greeted by a friendly gentleman, and so far, have always been seated at a booth at the front...so we've started to call it 'our booth'. This place is large...the Japanese/hibachi section is to the left with a subsection for hibachi diners only, and the Chinese section plus Lounge 88 is to the right. We've never had to wait.

We always start with the shrimp shumai. Comfort food in my book. We are making our way through the Meiji maki creations portion of the menu. Our favorite is the Angry Dragon roll...which is so good we ordered a second right after we finished our first. Another favorite is the Ivory Tower, and the Snowy Mountain roll....well, everything is so good. And the menu is huge (you receive two menus, one Japanese and one Chinese, in addition to a drink menu).

We've had two servers, one incredibly friendly and helpful, one not so much (you know the look of someone that might not really enjoy their job). We've always received the food that we've ordered accurately and in a timely manner.

This restaurant would be good for any sort of visit (family, business, friends, couples, etc.). Atmosphere is modern and classy. I love the soft music they play in the background (thank goodness for Shazam!).

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Waukesha, Wisconsin
“Fun and Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a fun family dinner at Meiji. Our chef cooked our food right at our table and performed tricks for us and our daughter. The food could not have been hotter or fresher, right from the grill to our plates. We ate steak and shrimp with veggies and rice ... we definitely plan on eating at Meiji again!

Visited June 2012
wisconsin
“Great food, great selection”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The menu is extensive. The food is great and the presentation is one of the best I've seen. We totally enjoyed drinks, dinner and dessert. My only complaint is that the food doesn't come out of the kitchen at the same time. Something maybe they can work on but otherwise, wow, enjoy it, it's very good.

• Visited September 2012