“Second time around much better” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 150 Restaurants in Waukesha
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Second time around much better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I had a bad experience here the first time at lunch with a friend and one of my daughters...poor service, bad waitress, food just fair, the entire experience terrible When we finally got the bill...and the waitress took 30 minutes to come back for us to pay, (She was too busy on her cell phone, and we were the ONLY customers there at the time) I was sure they had seen me there for the last time!. I actually wrote a letter to the owners, very kind and diplomatic, but just explaining our experience, as it was obvious the owners were not present. I felt if I owned the place, I would hope someone would tell me so the problem would be rectified. It was...I got a phone call and a letter from the owners, and last week my husband and I gave it a shot. We were greeted by the owners, and had a wonderful lunch...and were thanked for the letter. This time the food, service and company were great, and the seafood very fresh and cooked to perfection. The KeyWestconsin Colada (Rum and Keke Beach Liquor) a "Green Thing" was excellent. We will absolutely return, next time for dinner!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Not equip to handle a crowd”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here three times. First two were pretty good, but we were the only ones there. We decided to go on a Friday night, big mistake. We walked out after waiting more than an hour without food, drink refill, or any updates at all. Unfortunately we will not return to a local place we kind of liked.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Gluten free friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Almost their entire menu is or can be made gluten free. They even have a dedicated gluten free fryer to make GF French fries. The service was fast and friendly. I had the GF lobster sliders, French fries and GF key lime pie. Everything was delicious and I didn't get sick after eating (I have Celiac Disease and can get easily sick from Gluren cross contamination). We spoke with the owner who informed us that their daughter in law also has Celiac and that's why they have such an extensive GF menu. We will definetly make the trip back there for dinner!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA
“Terrible service, terrible frozen food, low prices.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

After enjoying a stroll through the beautiful Waukesha Farmer's market on two occasions we have sat on the "sidewalk" seating at Key Westconsin.

Service:
The service is very slow and inefficient though they have all been kind and pleasant. When the hostess sat us with a breakfast menu at 11:00 and gave us our silverware we had asked if it would be possible to get some waters soon as we were both dehydrated and hot from walking around the market. She said that when our waitress greeted us she would have them with her. Our waitress stopped by about 5 minutes later with menus...we asked for waters (she didn't have them) and I ordered a bloody mary. Another kid brought out our waters a few minutes later and no bloody mary. We also had to ask for the lunch menu and at a little after 11 o'clock she had to check to see if it was okay. She brought back the lunch menu and still no bloody mary. We ordered, she came back to ask a few more questions and still no bloody mary. Finally returning with our food I asked about that bloody mary I ordered and she apologized said she forgot it but had noticed it sitting out on the bar and was wondering who's it was. She served me a slightly less than cold bloody mary a few moments later. Lastly, finished with our meal and now just ready to get out of this establishment we asked for our bill and sent her away immediately with our credit card. She disappeared for a few minutes and returned to the slidewalk tables to take a few orders...wondering why she wouldn't just drop off our bill so I could sign it and leave it became apparent when about five minutes later another young man delivered our check and credit card. I'm not sure why she couldn't check us out or why it took five minutes to run our card and get us out of there so they could turn the table...but this place screams inefficiency and the service suffers for it.

Food:
The $4 bloodymary's are your very basic run of the mill tomato juice, horseradish, worschester, and a little vodka...nothing special and they don't have anything special available even if you wanted it.
We've tried the breakfast sliders...they are okay, plain jane, no frills.
The lobstertail is light on the filling and heavy on the pasty.
The coffee tastes burnt and unpleasant.
The lobster benedict is good though the lobster does taste a little fishy.
The soup salad and garlic cheese bread is a cup of soup (I had clam chowder and it was actually very nice). However, the garlic cheese bread was two tiny crostini, each about the size of a quarter dollar, topped with orange shredded cheese that had been melted on, and the salad was a bed of greens with three thinly sliced cucumber discs and three mushy, discolored tomato slices. The ranch dressing was the consistency of mayonaise and tasted like it too.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Laramie, Wyoming
“Best gluten free seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

1st crab cake since going gluten free. I got my order to go I didn't wait long but it was a slow time of the day
This is a real treaty for gluten free diners they have an extensive gluten free menu

• Visited April 2013