“This place is huge!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waukesha
Milwaukee, WI
“This place is huge!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Took my daughter and a few friends here for her birthday - $150 for a Friday night stay for 5 (1 adult, 4 kids) including waterpark passes was a great rate compared to other area hotels with only a pool. The room was clean, waterpark was a comfortable temp. & well-staffed, my only complaint was the wifi didn't reach our room. Surprised by how spacious the hotel and meeting/banquet rooms were - occasionally got a little turned around in the massive hallways! But, definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear TravellinZs:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you found your room to be clean and water park to be well staffed. We apologize for the issue you encountered with the WiFi reaching your guest room and just finished adding additional antennas to resolve that issue. Thank you for celebrating your daughter’s birthday at the Country Springs Hotel! We look forward to having you visit us again in the future.

twoodward@countryspringshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago area
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I was a bit concerned when I read other reviews of this hotel, since I had booked it through a third party discount website. But the price was right, and we weren't looking for a luxurious property. I'm not sure why in some places the city is listed as Waukesha and when we booked it was listed as Pewaukee, but it did seem a bit out of the way. That said, this would probably be a great place to visit if you have children; there is a hotel pool that looked lovely (and crowded on a Friday night) and an attached indoor water park. We checked in pretty late, and were given a room way in the back ("executive" area). It seems like it is probably the quietest area. Noise was not an issue, although we slept with the AC on. When I walked around in the early morning, however, I was surprised by the level of noise that children were making, walking the halls and even in their rooms. There were also three weddings going on later that day; it seems like a very busy property. I liked the fridge and microwave in the room, and there was a coffee maker, too. The beds were very comfortable, even though I don't like those polyester bedspreads and questionable blankets. All in all, it was a good value for what we paid, and the staff was great. Just be prepared to deal with some potentially noisy situations...

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise, try asking for "executive" area...or be clear that you need so...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

After checking in, I got the scoop from the bartender: During the week it's business people...on the weekend it's an insane family water park (unfortunately, I'm staying here on a Friday night). Staff is excellent, rooms are clean but the atmosphere is loud, crazy and LOTS of unattended kids (like the ones yelling and playing soccer in the hallway). Can't blame the hotel or staff much...shame on the parents! Had I known this was a "close to Milwaukee answer to Wisconsin Dells", I would have steered way clear of this kiddie infested disaster!

Stayed August 2014
Dear MNTravelGuy213:

Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay. Country Springs Hotel takes pride in being able to attract guests to the property for a variety of reasons. Whether celebrating a child’s birthday party in the water park, enjoying an overnight getaway, traveling for business or hosting a wedding reception, the Country Springs Hotel strives to make each guest experience positive and memorable. We are happy to hear that during your stay you found our staff to be excellent and rooms to be clean. We apologize for the issues your experienced with noise in the hallways and would like to note that our onsite security team is available to handle any complaints. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sunspot, NM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We attended a family wedding held outdoors in the gazebo on the hotel property, a lovely spot for such an occasion. Many in the family spent the week-end at Country Springs making it very convenient and avoiding the need to travel from local to local for events. Many of us arrived on Friday and some had taken executive suites (priced only a little more that a regular room) to share which made it nice for hosting impromptu family gatherings in some of the rooms. We found all the rooms to be just fine and noise not a problem. A group of us ate in the hotel restaurant/bar Friday evening and were very pleasantly surprised at the food quality and choices available. Not the usual ho-hum hotel fare and we had fun perusing the menu of 100 beers offered. Excellent onion rings on an appetizer sampler. The wedding reception was held in one of two "grand ballrooms" available and everything was lovely and ran smoothly from our point of view as guests. A cocktail hour preceded the dinner and dancing in a roomy bar area that allowed for congenial mingling and appetizers just outside the ballroom. Service was friendly and efficient with very little waiting at the bar and dinner being served to all tables about the same time. The food at the reception was very good and we enjoyed the late night snacks provided as the party went into the later evening. Nice to be able to gather for breakfast/brunch right at the hotel and say our good-byes too.
We would recommend this as a wedding venue, family gathering (no time to try the water park but it looked well maintained and sounded like fun), business conference or just a place to stay or eat.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear ECandC:

Thank you for writing a review about the wedding you attended at Country Springs Hotel. We are glad that you found the entire experience to be convenient and enjoyable. We appreciate your positive comments about our executive suites, Coppers Pub & Grill and Wildflowers Restaurant. Additionally, we are pleased to hear that both the ceremony in the Gazebo and reception in the Grand Ballroom were lovely. Thank you again for recommending Country Springs Hotel!

wilmington, de
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I was nervous about staying at this hotel after reading some reviews on this site. But I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel and resort. We were driving from Minneapolis to Chicago and needed a place to crash overnight. We have 7 year old twins and wanted to have a place they could play after a long ride. Well, we couldn't have picked better. The water park was one of the best run and safest I have ever been to. It is well contained with fun slides and excellent life guarding so if I couldn't see them at all times I knew they were safe. They played from the time we arrived until close, we had to drag them out of there at 9pm and they are begging to go back on our next trip. The hotel is fine. Its not a 4 star hotel, but they don't pretend to be. For $109.00 we got a room and 5 free passes to the water park for the entire length of our stay. I don't know about the Midwest, but in the East we'd pay more than $109.00 a day just for the water park. So people who are saying this is overpriced are crazy!!! The doors of the hotel rooms are thin and do let in a lot of noise so if you are noise sensitive, just ask for a room away from traffic and maybe bring earplugs. The room was basically clean but there were some gross stains on the comforter and the side of one of the sheets. We had no issues with temperature control and guest services was always quick to respond on the phone. The bathrooms and towels were very clean, plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The continental breakfast was decent. We will definitely visit again. Hope this review was helpful.

• Stayed July 2014
Dear travelersde:

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at Country Springs Hotel. We are glad that you and your children enjoyed the water park and appreciate your comments about how safe and well run the park is. Guest safety is always a top priority and our lifeguards take that responsibility very seriously. We are happy to hear that you found your stay to be a great value and that your children are looking forward to visiting again!

Thank you again!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We booked a 1 night stay including the waterpark for my daughter's birthday. We checked in, went to our room to change for the waterpark. While checking out the room I noticed that the garbage was full and a dirty coffee cup was on the entertainment center. I called to see if they could send housekeeping to clean up while we swam. They said someone would call me back in a few minutes. A few minutes later the manager called herself and told us there was an error after the previous guest extended their stay and the room wasn't put in the queue to be cleaned. She immediately told me she was sending someone to transfer us and our bags to another room. It was in fact a governor's suite. In addition, she gave me a $50 credit on our stay. Our new room was Fabulous!!! All of the staff was very apologetic, kind and extremely helpful. It may not be the biggest or newest place around but it more than makes up for that with service. We will definitely be going back!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Karri L.,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is our goal to provide outstanding customer service to each and every guest. We are glad that you found our staff to be kind and helpful and that because of the outstanding guest service, you plan to visit us again in the future. Thank you for celebrating your daughter’s birthday at the Country Springs Hotel! We hope to see you again soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

I booked my trip thru hotwire and ended up with the Country Springs hotel for $53/night. I personally think it was a good deal. There was nothing wrong with this hotel but it's dated. The bed was relatively comfortable (I used all 4 pillows because they were so flat) and the bathroom was spacious. This is not the Ritz Carlton but they don't try to be either. I wouldn't recommend this place for business travelers because it is very remote. I'm sure it would be great for families that want to utilize the water park and be able to walk back to the room without getting in the car.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask to be put in the executive part of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear DavidJ:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and post a photo of your recent stay at the Country Springs Hotel. I appreciate your feedback about your guest room and am glad that you felt your stay was a good deal. Regarding the location, Country Springs Hotel is located right off of I-94 in Pewaukee, WI, which is only 18 miles from Milwaukee. We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

twoodward@countryspringshotel.com

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!