“Indoor Waterpark Review Only” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Off Water Park Room
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Waukesha
Dousman, Wisconsin
“Indoor Waterpark Review Only”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have only been to this location for the use of the indoor waterpark. Due to the reviews & pictures of the hotel rooms I'm reluctant to stay, as it appears outdated & overpriced. We live about 20 min. from the hotel, so it's a good rainy day or winter season activity for kids under 12. The waterpark & locker rooms are very clean & tidy. The waterpark is on the smaller side, but in this area it's all we have, so it's worth going to at least once a year. I'd say after 3+ hours or so you've really done all that you can do & numerous times at that. It would be nice if the pool area was bigger. You basically have to join in on water basketball or dodge the balls coming your way. No real area to swim openly. The slides are fun. For the size of the waterpark I'd say the slide options are good. 2 that use tubes & 2 that don't. The lazy river is ok, but if they made that a tad smaller maybe the pool could have been bigger??? Just a thought! The little kids part is cute. Shallow & a fair amount of climbing, splashing, water fun for little ones. The indoor/outdoor hot tub is nice for adults. You can catch some sun & stay warm. The only thing that was a drawback was at lifeguard shift change they would come in/out the side door by the hot tub & the gate was very noisy (it would slam shut) & the teens were quickly putting out their cigs before entering. It just didn't seem too professional & it was quite a loud process, so it took a bit away from the relaxing atmosphere of what is supposed to be the outdoor hot tub. Also, the music they were playing outside was really tacky. It was elevator music or something??? They should put some more relevant music on. The adults & kids that I was with all made a comment about the music being awkward. Overall, this place is fun for an afternoon of indoor play, but the price for passes isn't all that affordable, so you really have to plan it to get the most for your money. That being said, feed yourselves before you come (no carry in's) & make use of the locker room showers afterward (bring your own soap & shampoo). The locker room is nice & the shower area was clean & large w/ modern updated tile work, so I actually didn't mind washing off the chlorine in the space w/ my flip flops on (typically locker rooms gross me out & I'd rather clean-up at home).

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Nicole K.,

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent visit to The Springs Water Park. We are glad to hear that your family enjoyed our 45,000 sq. ft. indoor water park and that you found both the park and the locker rooms to be clean and tidy. I also appreciate your feedback about the gate in the hot tub area being noisy during shift changes and your suggestion about changing the background music to more modern music. I have passed those comments along to our water park management team. We look forward to having you visit us again in the near future.

twoodward@countryspringshotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
milwaukee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We surprised my 2 sons, ages 3 and 6, this past Thursday and took them to the waterpark and hotel for the night. We had a great time and a great overall experience- but just a few things to note:
- The side entrance we used to get to our room from the parking lot was SOO outdated and dirty looking with blue carpet and wallpaper, I got very scared, as it looked Bates motel-esq. It can not cost that much to update those entrances, as they are first impressions, and do not match the rest of the hotel, so I am not sure why this has not been done.
-The room was still outdated, but not nearly as bad as the entrances. It had a nice flat screen and was clean. It was a good price- we paid $109 on a weeknight in the summer with 4 water park passes included. Water passes for the day for the 4 of us would have cost $100 ($25 each) so it was worth it to stay.
- The beds still had the old style poly ugly print comforters, and a very, very thin blanket. They need to update to the washable down bedding that most hotels have gone to. We froze even with the air shut off because of the lack of blankets (I won't use the nasty comforter). The pillows were also as flat as could be. But we slept well and did not notice outside noise.
-The waterpark was great. Clean, fun, good size for our age kids, very attentive life guards. We also ate pizza for dinner from the snack bar because I could not pry away my kiddos-- and that too was good. Although for some reason it is $1.00 cheaper to order it from room service from your room, instead of having it inside the waterpark. Hate getting nickel and dimed! All waterpark staff was great- including the gals in the snack bar.
-Thursday night at the water park was perfect! Could not have asked for a better time. We expected that during the day during summer vacation there would be many daycare groups there-- our sons daycare was actually there when we were. They do sell the day passes, and with WI weather, it makes sense to bring groups of kids to the waterpark. But to me it seems Country Springs let too many daycare/youth groups in for the day. The number of kids (who did not have parents, just group leaders with them) became overwhelming and so we left at about 1:30pm, earlier than expected. I think the lifeguards did a good job of supervising and they were adequately staffed-- but the lines, the lazy river, the lack of a place to sit, the volume, kids cutting in front of you-- made it too much. One group marched in at about 1pm, that must have had over 70 kids with them- and there was already at least 5 other big groups already there. The park is just not that big.
-Arcade was nice, but pricey. My boys each blew through $5 in about 3 minutes! But the attendant was very nice and patient with the kids.

Love the location of this place. Love the size of the waterpark- and I like how safe I feel with being able to watch my kids from pretty much anywhere in the park. They just need to update and limit the number of day passes they offer!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear lovesgoldens,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about The Country Springs Hotel. I have shared your comments on the hotel and water park with our management team. We are glad to hear that you found the water park package to be a great value and that your two sons had a great time! It is also great to hear that you appreciated the size of the water park, attentiveness of the lifeguards, and friendliness of our staff. I do apologize that you did not have extra blankets in your guest room and wish we would have had the opportunity to provide additional bedding. We hope to have you visit us again in the future and again, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The staff at this hotel are very friendly and helpful. We really enjoyed the water park. I was extremely impressed by the attentiveness of the lifeguards. I felt that my 7 year old was safe even if she was out of my direct line of sight. There are 3 large slides that were really fun. The only complaint about the water park is that there were only two rafts for one of the slides which caused a line to form.
The rooms are in need of upgrades. The faucet was hard to turn off, the beds are old and the decor is outdated by about 15+ years. Also it looks like the room was spot cleaned. It was dusty except for the bathroom which was very clean.
I think the price of the room should include water park tickets. If you aren't coming here for the water park then the rooms are majorly over priced.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Cmcon81,

Thank you for writing a review about your visit to the Country Springs Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be very friendly and helpful! As for our lifeguards, I have passed along your positive comments on how attentive they were. Our lifeguards take the responsibility of protecting our guests very seriously and will appreciate that they made your family feel safe. Regarding your guest room, I am sorry to hear about the issues you encountered and wish we could have learned about those issues during your stay. We hope you consider staying with us again in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is ever anything I can do to assist you.

Kenosha, Wisconsin, Usa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Country Springs Hotel on May 25th, 2014, the night before Memorial Day. We arrived around 1:30pm and were pleasantly surprised to find out that our room was ready! Yay! So we quickly found the entrance to the building near our room. Upon entering the building, we noticed the entrance way looked VERY old, similar to a very old apartment building. This scared me a little. We made our way to our room. The room was pretty nice, just a basic room: two double beds, TV, bathroom. The one perk that I really liked was that our room had an outdoor patio area that led to a courtyard type area. The room was fairly clean, although there was a popcorn kernel in the bathroom that wasn't from us and a wrapped piece of candy right inside the door that wasn't ours either. Not a big deal to us, but might be for someone else. Anyway, we hurried up and changed into our swimsuits because our kids could not wait to get down to the water park. We were very close to the water park which we loved! The water park was fairly clean, with an abundance of lifeguards around every swimming area. What we did not like was that they sell one day passes for the water park which brought in a lot of people from surrounding Milwaukee areas. I was really looking forward to the lazy river, but it ended up being a race track for the teenagers that entered it. There were literally teenagers running through the lazy river in tubes, running in to everyone, scratching them, yelling and screaming. It was ridiculous. The kids thought the slides were great, but one of our children cut his foot in the basketball pool. When we went to first aid to get him a bandage, the attendant asked, 'Did this happen in the basketball pool?', like it had happened before. We thought that was a little odd. After he was bandaged up, he continued playing and having fun. No harm, no foul. We stayed down there till about 5:30 and then headed to dinner. When we returned, we headed to the arcade to play some games. We all really enjoyed the arcade. The kids won a lot of tickets and got some cool prizes to entertain themselves with. By the time we left there, the water park was closed, but we learned there was another pool on the other side of the building. I walked over there to check it out and was packed! So we decided to just hang out in the room for the rest of the night. I had heard that the hallways were very loud, which we didn't find to be a problem. Only heard a few people walking through occasionally. We did not try the restaurant here or really anything else in the hotel. Check out was also a breeze when we left Monday morning. Overall, it was an okay place. It really needs some updating and a good remodel.

• Stayed May 2014
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My cousin had her wedding here and we stayed for a night. The staff did a great job and were all really nice. The grounds are great with lots of nice landscaping. Some of the outside areas could use some fresh paint, but overall it was nice to sit outside and have a few drinks. I'm not sure if the food was catered by the hotel or not, but it was good. The breakfast buffet was decent and very reasonably priced. The room was dated, but the bed was comfortable and we both slept well. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Crowley, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

I stayed for a weekend wedding. The rooms really need to be upgraded. Everything about them is Super-8ish. The floor to ceiling wallpaper, the carpet, the bedding, sub-standard pillows and towels, small out of date tvs and a lousy ac unit. I paid around 300 total for 2 nights and it is definitely overpriced! You can see where along the door frames they simply just painted over blemishes rather than fixing them first. My sisters ac only blew heat and after complaining they upgraded her to a suite which she said was lovely. The bar and staff (Betsy, Joe and Matthew) were very nice and pleasant. We had a great time in the bar area. The wedding itself was lovely at the outdoor gazebo and in the reception hall. Would I stay here again...not by choice.

Room Tip: I would only think an upgrade...aka more money...would have been better.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
LaCrosse WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was more than a little nervous reading these reviews. But I stayed with a conference, the service was very good. Friendly front desk staff. The bar was great! Very friendly wait staff... We went there every night of our stay! Fabulous martinis ! Room was small. A little out dated but clean. Rooms were cleaned during stay. Food was great! Didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice. You really could hear a lot of hallway noise. That is my only complaint.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CSH2810, Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Supermom78,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay at Country Springs Hotel. It is our goal to provide each guest with a memorable experience and we truly appreciate your positive remarks about the cleanliness of your room and friendliness of the staff. We are also happy to hear that you were able to enjoy our onsite dining options during your stay and that the food was “great” and the martini was “fabulous”. Thank you again for the opportunity to accommodate you! We hope to have you visit us again in the near future.

twoodward@countryspringshotel.com

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!