“Great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Waukesha
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This large conference center has a great location. It includes an indoor water park for families. The staff is polite and friendly. It does need a little TLC as my bed was worn and soft, and the bathroom door badly in need of a coat of paint. Conference rooms and guest rooms were either too hot or too cold...seemed to be no happy medium. But it was a clean place and the price was right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for a work conference and was disappointed by the entire experience. The hotel rooms were standard and worn, reminded me of a cheap motel. The overall quality of the bedding and towels were poor, bed lumpy, decor as an after thought, and access to stair wells and front desk were surprisingly confusing for its layout. The big conference room was spacious and had good access to bathrooms. Food seemed frozen and blandly reheated, the service was slow, and I had concerns after noticing dirty glasses and stained linens. The split conference rooms had poor sound separation between rooms where one speaker would drown out the other from a different room, which staff were unable to remedy. The water park was closed during our stay, but given the condition of the hotel, don't believe it could have remedied all the drawbacks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chula Vista, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

The front desk staff was awesome. The bar and restaurants are good. We had an event in one of the conference rooms and they bent over backwards to cater to all of our needs. The suite was truly pampering.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Baldwin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

For the price you have to pay, a full breakfast should be included. They don't offer you ANYTHING for free here. The pool and waterpark are nice, but if you don't care that much about waterparks, this is not the place for you to stay. There are no snacks, only coffee in the room. I have stayed at cheaper hotels that have nicer rooms, bigger rooms, and a full hot breakfast included, and still have a swimming pool or two. When making my reservation the person I spoke to acted like she was in a big hurry and didn't care about answering my questions. They gave me a second floor room, but there were no wheeled luggage carriers, so I had to make three trips back and forth to my car. The elevator was way down on the other end of the building. There was no offer of anyone to help me with luggage. At other hotels someone is always available to bring luggage up and down stairs if you need help, especially if you are by yourself. They didn't come to clean my room in the morning, although I was gone all morning and it would have been an ideal time. They waited until I was trying to get ready for the wedding, and then showed up. I told them they would have to wait. They did put on a nice wedding though. The service for the wedding was great.

Room Tip: Unless you have strong muscles, try to get a first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel has it all. The restaurant has fantastic food. I highly recommended the spinach and artichoke dip. They have a wide selection of beers, and a big variety of martinis. The waterparks has three big rides, two are tube rides and one is a body slide. There is also a very large hot tub that is half inside and half outside. The arcade is very fun and not too pricey either for being in a hotel.

I highly recommend it for families or couples.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Huntersville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

. One of the worst hotels that I have stayed in. We were staying here on a business trip that was booked by our company. We actually left our rooms several hours early to go sit at Starbucks and wait for our flight time. Carpets are disgusting and need to be replaced, not cleaned. The entire hotel needs to be updated as it has an old 1980s feel to it. My room smelled awful. The pillows stunk of stale cigarette smoke and were about 4 inches thick. The hotel internet was unusable as it was constantly disconnecting and terribly slow. None of us was able to get any work done for the entire day. When I called the desk to find out why the internet was so bad I was told that "probably too many people are on it." What? The continental breakfast that was provided was awful. They really couldn't have put much less effort into that set up. Absolutely the worst I have ever seen. Brown bananas, old oranges, and an array of cheap carbs. I honestly couldn't wait to get out of this place. I am on the road 200 days a year and have never been this uncomfortable in any hotel. We had three rooms and the experience was identical in each of them. If you appreciate a quality comfortable stay, avoid this place. One exit down there were many other options and the prices were very competitive. On a positive note, the staff was very pleasant but they only have limited resources to work with.

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Florissant, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed in the executive suites, the beds were comfy, the room was big, nice big bathroom.
Five of us stayed in the room and we had plenty of room for everything. If we needed anything they were prompt bringing it to the room. I would stay again!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
CSH2810, Front Office Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good Morning and thank you for taking the time to review our property from your recent visit. Our goal to provide each guest superior service and have them leave with a postive memorable experience! I am so glad we delivered. We look forward to you visiting us again and are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks Again!

Stacy Barton
Front Office Manager
262-970-523

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!