“Country Springs should spring for a remodel.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Off Water Park Room
Ranked #4 of 8 hotels in Waukesha
minneapolis
“Country Springs should spring for a remodel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel needs an update. The grounds are nice, but the rooms are shabby. Skip the breakfast buffet, it is downright horrible. The employees we encountered were all nice, but unless you are here for the waterpark or an event, go elsewhere.

Room Tip: The executive wing might have more updated rooms.

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding. This hotel is old but appears to be well maintained. The primary issue I had was the atmosphere - everything was dark, the carpets, the wall paper, the curtains. It gave the place the appearance of being stuffy and dusty. The rooms were generic and contained old standard furniture. For example, dominating the room was a large vintage 1980's entertainment center. It was huge and ugly and contained an old TV set. Most other hotels nowadays have furniture that is designed specifically for the room. And they all contain flat screen TVs. For the relatively high price charged, I would have expected a lot more.

Finally, when serving coffee they would pour hot coffee into cold cups. This is a big no no. It cools the coffee to a sub-optimal temperature. Then, they provide cold milk that makes the already lukewarm coffee outright unbearable. I would have gladly paid extra for a hot and well-made latte or cappuccino but, needless to say, this was not on the menu. Thank goodness Caribou Coffee was only 5 minutes away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
CSH2810, Front Office Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It appears that we fell short in exceeding your expectations during your last visit. Our intention is to make sure guests are 100% satisfied before departing our property. Please feel free to contact me via email or phone so we can further assist you with you concerns. The condition of your room will be addressed with staff as well as the beverage service. I do look forward to hearing from you and do hope you have a great day. Thank you for your time.

Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The room appeared clean, but the sink was very slow to drain and there was a burnt out light bulb over the sink. There was also a funky smell down some of the hallways. The water park was ok to entertain the kids for a couple of hours, but it's rather small. It was convenient since we attended an event at the hotel, but I will not choose this hotel in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please know we do not like to fall short of exceeding our guest expectations. I am so sorry that you did not find our hotel to be 100% satisfying. Our 45,000 square foot indoor water park is a nice family destination and we do hope that you will maybe visit our park again with day passes. If you would like to discuss your guest room concerns further please do not hesitate to contact me. I would appreciate your additional comments very much. Look forward to talking with you and have a great day.

Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a small, cute water park. Not a Kalahari by any means. There's a lazy river, a couple of slides and pools as well as a jungle gym type kid area. It was fun. The arcade is pretty big-the kids (7 and 10) like it and were happy. The room we had was big-the bathroom is bigger than my bedroom at home! A huge jacuzzi tub-definitely the highlight of the trip. There is a pretty courtyard with beautiful landscaping. We ate at a breakfast buffet located at a restaurant inside the hotel. The service was great. The food-alright. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get one with the giant jacuzzi!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent visit to our property. Our intention is to ensure each and every guest has an exceptional experience. We are very happy to hear you will be visiting us again. Please feel free to contact me directly for your reservation needs, this way we can make sure you are reserved in an executive suite with one of those Awesome bathrooms.
Also, if you have any suggestions on different items you would like to see on the breakfast buffet, please feel free to let us know. It is your comments that continue to make us better and reach our goals. Have a wonderful day and look forward to seeing you again.

La Crescent, Minnesota, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Probably just better to bullet point this

1) Puke in the shower drain that filled into the tub. When we let the front desk know, we were told that it wasn't puke. Trust me - the red and brown chunks were puke.

2) Pink stain on bed spread

3) Didn't use waterpark although paid for it. My teenage daughter said it was too dirty but I didn't see it.

4) Almost forgot 4 am fire alarms. Also caused me to oversleep, missing continental breakfast.
4) Checking in was efficient. Didn't check out because lobby was full of new guests and only one woman working.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CSH2810, Front Office Manager at The Country Springs Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Our intention is to provide every guest with exceptional service and exceed their expectations. We obviously fell short in multiple areas during your visit and would like to make that up to you. If you would like to discuss your visit further or if we could invite you back for a future visit to our park please feel free to contact me at 262-547-0201 or you are welcome to email me at sbarton@countryspringshotel.com
We appreciate your patronage very much and your comments will most certainly be addressed. I look forward to speaking with you soon. Make it a great day and thank you for your time.

MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The Pro's - the hotel was lovely, clean and well kept. The bathroom was huge. The breakfast was very good. The waterpark was wonderful the first night. It is on the smaller side, but that made it fun for the family to wander without any issues. We loved the slides, the lazy river, the water temperature, the pool with basketball, and the indoor/outdoor hottub.
The Con's - they literally brought in busloads (at least 4 full busses) of unsupervised kids upon opening the waterpark. The pool was wall-to-wall kids and there were still more coming in. We had to wait more than 20 minutes for a slide and there were kids trying to get in front in line. There were kids running all over and doing flips into the pools. It was over-crowded and out-of-control.
Unless we were guaranteed that there would not be busloads of kids, we won't be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review your visit to our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your room and other amenities. That is fantastic to hear and it shows that our dedication to superior service is working. I am however sorry to hear that you did not have the same experience in the water park during our visits from areas schools, clubs and other children's organizations. Summer is quite a fun time for children and water parks so if it would help you, always know that you can call ahead of time and we can provide a projection of how busy our water park will be. Please feel free to contact me at 262-547-0201 if you would like to discuss anything further and again thank you for your time. Make it a great day!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

This is for those that are just visiting the waterpark for the day..

I made a trip there for the first time for a pre birthday celebration.

1) Staff was pleasant and accommodating! We made the half hour trip there, got dropped off at about 11:30 am and found out that the other person in the party forgot part of their bathing suit. The lady at the desk was made aware after I had to call our ride back and right away she was going to reinstate our splash passes for another day. We ended up staying anyways.

2) We were informed right away that a large group (a couple hundred) of rowdy kids would be there until 3. Rowdy was an understatement. It was nuts. There was no where to go because the kids were everywhere. The life guards were on their toes as the kids refused to listen or share their space. The whirlpool was out of commission due to pouring rain, so except for the arcade, we were stuck eating and watching everyone else have fun. It sucked big time. I heard many people complaining to the front desk and from what i also heard, my experience was tame. This coming friday, 500 ppl are scheduled to come in. That's way too many in my opinion.

Once 3 came around, it was fun and peaceful. We stayed until close to maximize what time we did have. The arcade was awesome though!

So all in all, my experience was worth half of what I paid for, since we did not get to do anything remotely fun for 4 hours. I am glad I didn't rent a room, like I was originally planning. Not worth it. I do plan on going again in hopes if i call ahead, I can plan a bit better.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to The Country Springs Hotel? Share your experiences!