“Five star amenities, three star customer service = 4 stars” 4 of 5 stars

Three Bears Lodge
701 Yogi Circle, Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, Warrens, WI 54666   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warrens
St. Paul
“Five star amenities, three star customer service = 4 stars”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Overall, this resort is great family fun. The resort is beautiful and the amenities are wonderful. The amenities are family friendly and kept our four children interested the entire three days. The life guards at both the indoor and outdoor waterparks were attentive and courteous. We felt confident they would do a good job.
We stayed in a hotel room. We had a 50% off deal so we were pleased with the price. Even at full price it would have been fairly reasonable considering the amenities.
There is a dock on the resort and you can jump off the dock into a pond. Good fun for those that want to get outside and away from the waterparks.

Negatives: The staff had very little knowledge of the resort and essentially no knowledge of anything that was not in their immediate vicinity. For example, we would ask somebody in the waterpark a question about the resort or restaurant and they would have no idea. The knowledge displayed by the front desk was not much better. The woman selling snack foods and coffee did not know where to locate napkins. I know it is a resort with presumably many high school and college age employees in the summer but they need to have more knowledge.

Biggest disappointment - there was a vulgar song played on the overhead music heard throughout the entire resort. Inappropriate for families or children.

Room Tip: The second floor is the same floor to get easy access to the waterparks. The elevators are painfull...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ElenaF_13013, Manager at Three Bears Lodge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for staying at our resort. We are so glad that you enjoyed all of our amenities. We appreciate the feed back on our staff, we will try to make sure staff our better informed about the various things around the hotel. We hope to see you again!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family and I stayed for two nights in the hotel part of the resort. The rooms are in good shape with the exception of hard beds. I didn't care for the open toilet concept and the tub is very narrow. We at the Pub onsite once and it was good food with good service (music a little too loud). The front desk check-in process was fine, but the front desk was not very helpful - no additional information about the hotel or waterpark (we learned it as we went). The waterpark was fun with the wave pool and water slides (very fast). The lifeguards mostly did a good job of watching the kids, however, some of them allowed their friends to stand on tubes(which you are not suppose to do) in the wave pool. The outdoor waterpark is very small, so we did not play out much. We got a really really good deal for the 2 nights. The town of Tomah is only 7 miles away with lots of eating places, so we at in town a couple of times. I would recommend Three Bears at the right price (not at full price).

Room Tip: Find a good deal before going to this resort. We got two nights for under $100.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the feed back. We hope to see you again!
Hanover Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My Family stayed here from June29th thru July 3rd. Check in was quick and easy.we were assigned room 310.nice room very clean and roomy plenty of room for myself, my 2 daughters age 13 and 7 also my two sons age 11 and 2.the room also had a balcony with a chair on it.I was aware that they didn't have patio furniture. and I could bring lawn chairs if I wanted to.the chair that was there already worked just fine.my balcony overlooked the river and I also could see some of the villas.the Indoor water park was awesome clean and life guards were very attentive to the children playing in the water.The wave pool is magnificent my children are still talking about it.the lazy river was fun they also have a basket ball pool.a couple of Jacuzzis one actually leads out side.the outdoor pool was nice also and the skate park which we didn't use.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ElenaF_13013, Manager at Three Bears Lodge, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful, clean, beautifully appointed resort has all the ambience of the Dells without the madness. Fabulous restaurants with everything from kid-friendly meals to gourmet selections. Perfect place for family reunions, with amenities that will appeal to all ages. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at Three Bears Lodge! We are glad we met and exceeded the expectations. We hope to see you again!
Eaton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed on the third floor in the hotel part in a double queen suite. So, there was a bedroom and a living room. We loved the room... it was very spacious and very clean. We loved the separation from the bedroom to the living room. The customer service was excellent! Fastest check in I have ever experienced! Very friendly, too! We loved that there were no crowds and we could just walk right on to the slides. We have been to three different Great Wolf Lodges and they are always so busy. Even though the water park was not all that big, it had enough to do and my kids had a good time. My kids loved the wave pool and lazy river and the slides you can use tubes on. My only concern was it seemed the life guards were not watching all areas. There was no guard at the bottom of the big slides and the girl manning the outdoor slides was reading a book and did not even look up. That is very concerning for parents who leave older kids at the park by themselves. Also, the other area of concern was the kids area... the little kids slides were so fast that they crashed to the bottom and then it just made my son scared to do it again. I saw one parent have a baby in their hands and the dad went down with the baby, and the dad flew forward and barely could stop himself. We loved the arcade and the Saturday movie night. My kids loved sitting in front of the big screen on bean bags to watch the movie to just chill out before bed time =) We ate the breakfast buffet there and it was a bit expensive, but was to be expected since we have been to these type places before. It was pretty good. We just went to Tomah to get other food for other meals. They have everything you need and its just a few miles up the road. Overall, we had a great experience and you cannot beat the price! It was very clean and quiet and the customer service was best I have seen! We were traveling from North Dakota back home to Ohio and it was a great place to stop!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ElenaF_13013, Manager at Three Bears Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Three Bears Lodge. We do apologize for the lifeguard issues and will make our Aquatics Manager aware of that so that it can be addressed. Again we are so glad that you stayed with us and we hope to see you again!
Juneau, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

We just got back from staying in one of the villas at Three Bears, not to be confused with the stones-throw-away: Yogi Bear Campground. I say this with disappointment, because years ago when we came here, these two were one big happy family. And i must say, it was much more fun. I would have liked to have been able to take part in the campground's daily planned activities, mini golf,teen dance nights and evening outdoor movies (which was one of my kid's favorite memories). As I read in another review, information on doing so was slim to none. There are signs everywhere saying you cannot enter the campground area, but I would have liked to have known about the option to buy a wristband for that area. I realize Three Bears has been through some significant struggles, so I guess that's why it's become very separated. And all in all, it's still a great place to vacation. I absolutely LOVE the villas, they are clean, spacious, newish, and incredibly cute in
my opinion (although they will have to work HARD on keeping these rentals up in good repair as signs of rushed building practices is starting to be very evident.) The beds are comfortably made with plenty of pillows and charming north woods quilts. My daughter loved how the living room chairs even fold flat for a fun shorty bed perfect for kids. Plenty of towels everywhere, even with 2 teenage boys! And even if there hadn't been enough, I love that there's a washer/dryer to use right in our villa. ( I had all our laundry done before we even left! Yeah!) But I did wonder why the washer/dryer unit was not installed in the huge cleaning closet; its existing placement
makes it rather loud in the rest of the living space. My only complaint would be the pots and pans in the kitchen: they were quite dirty; but given that there are no scrubbies available, it's understandable. A complimentary scrubby would be nice. Next time I will be bringing my own! Aside from that, the kitchen is quite perfectly stocked with newer, all matching dinnerware which I appreciate. I have stayed in many cabins elsewhere in which everything obviously came from second-hand stores. Each villa has it's own fire ring and attached grill, but being that the villas are so close together, we didn't use ours because it was so close to our neighbors; I like to relax by a fire with my own family, not my family and the neighbor's 10 feet away doing the same thing: but that's just me, I realize others enjoy the community of being close together. Firewood is very reasonable at $4 a bundle.
The water park areas are not too big, not small, but juust right! ( a reference to the 3-bears story--- sorry, I couldn't help it ;) The lifeguards for the most part seemed like they were happy, helpful, and having fun; which has always seemed like an incredibly boring job to me! Good job lifeguards! One of ours was slightly dancing to the music, which I thought was fun, I hate to see kids not enjoying their jobs. But this water park is definitely geared for the 12 and under crowd. Which brings me to the skate park....Incredible! and the owner/operator is a great guy. I feel sorry for him though, because this resort does not cater well to the teen crowd, which is the age group he needs! Three Bears would do well to spend any and all money for additions and improvements to be geared solely to this age-group! ( I would put many exclamation points here, but I don't think I could put enough....) if they are wondering what their biggest problem is, that would be it in my opinion. But even so, my whole family had a really nice time, we will be back! :)

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with Three Bears! We are so glad you had a great time here. We apologize for the dirty dishes and we will look into getting better scrub pads for doing dishes. We will look into marketing better to teens as you suggested.

Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again.
Lapel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Our family of 5 reserved a double queen suite for one night at a AAA discount ($108.36 with tax). The lobby and gift shop area was clean and nicely themed. We arrived around 5:30pm. The front desk staff was friendly and quickly checked us in, and we were soon on our way to our room (414) on the 4th floor.

I was very impressed with the clean room, comfy beds and sofa bed. Plenty of outlets for our electronics. We had plenty of towels, and my teenage stepson slept fine on the sofa bed. The A/C was easily adjusted to our preferred temp.

The room had a microwave, coffee maker, paper towels, and mini fridge.

The water park was outstanding. We had wristbands given to us at check-in, and after being given towels at the entrance to the water park, we were soon relaxing and having fun.

Later on, we went upstairs in the water park to Papa Bears Pizzeria. We ordered a Family Deal: 14 inch cheese pizza, 4 pcs of garlic bread and a 2-liter of Diet Pepsi for $25 including tax. It was really good and just enough for us.

One word of caution - the floor into the pizzeria was really slippery when coming in still wet from the water park. My daughter slipped, but there was signage indicating the floor was wet. Not their fault, although some mats or a different floor treatment would be better.

The lazy river was awesome! Plenty of single and double tubes. The older kids and my husband loved the slides. My young daughter and I enjoyed a pool, kiddie area and one of the hot tubs which was indoor/outdoor and allowed children over 6. There were people in there with babies though. There is also an adults-only hot tub near the entrance.

I was very pleased with the convenient and clean restroom facilities.

My daughter and I also used the restrooms in the women's locker room near the entrance, and there were lots of showers with chairs to allow for easy changing. I also used a machine to dry my daughter's swimsuit. Very convenient!

We were there on a Friday night, so the water park was open until 9pm.

We will definitely be staying at Three Bears Resort next year when heading to/from Minnesota.

Stayed June 2014
Hello Betsy! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us at Three Bears. We will be on the look out for mats for the slippery stairs. Thank you for staying with us! We can't wait to see you again.

Been to Three Bears Lodge? Share your experiences!