“Good Place at the Right Price” 4 of 5 stars

Three Bears Lodge
701 Yogi Circle, Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, Warrens, WI 54666   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Warrens
Minnesota
“Good Place at the Right Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

My family and I stayed for two nights in the hotel part of the resort. The rooms are in good shape with the exception of hard beds. I didn't care for the open toilet concept and the tub is very narrow. We at the Pub onsite once and it was good food with good service (music a little too loud). The front desk check-in process was fine, but the front desk was not very helpful - no additional information about the hotel or waterpark (we learned it as we went). The waterpark was fun with the wave pool and water slides (very fast). The lifeguards mostly did a good job of watching the kids, however, some of them allowed their friends to stand on tubes(which you are not suppose to do) in the wave pool. The outdoor waterpark is very small, so we did not play out much. We got a really really good deal for the 2 nights. The town of Tomah is only 7 miles away with lots of eating places, so we at in town a couple of times. I would recommend Three Bears at the right price (not at full price).

Room Tip: Find a good deal before going to this resort. We got two nights for under $100.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ElenaF_13013, Manager at Three Bears Lodge, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate the feed back. We hope to see you again!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Hanover Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

My Family stayed here from June29th thru July 3rd. Check in was quick and easy.we were assigned room 310.nice room very clean and roomy plenty of room for myself, my 2 daughters age 13 and 7 also my two sons age 11 and 2.the room also had a balcony with a chair on it.I was aware that they didn't have patio furniture. and I could bring lawn chairs if I wanted to.the chair that was there already worked just fine.my balcony overlooked the river and I also could see some of the villas.the Indoor water park was awesome clean and life guards were very attentive to the children playing in the water.The wave pool is magnificent my children are still talking about it.the lazy river was fun they also have a basket ball pool.a couple of Jacuzzis one actually leads out side.the outdoor pool was nice also and the skate park which we didn't use.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ElenaF_13013, Manager at Three Bears Lodge, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Wonderful, clean, beautifully appointed resort has all the ambience of the Dells without the madness. Fabulous restaurants with everything from kid-friendly meals to gourmet selections. Perfect place for family reunions, with amenities that will appeal to all ages. Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your experience at Three Bears Lodge! We are glad we met and exceeded the expectations. We hope to see you again!
Eaton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed on the third floor in the hotel part in a double queen suite. So, there was a bedroom and a living room. We loved the room... it was very spacious and very clean. We loved the separation from the bedroom to the living room. The customer service was excellent! Fastest check in I have ever experienced! Very friendly, too! We loved that there were no crowds and we could just walk right on to the slides. We have been to three different Great Wolf Lodges and they are always so busy. Even though the water park was not all that big, it had enough to do and my kids had a good time. My kids loved the wave pool and lazy river and the slides you can use tubes on. My only concern was it seemed the life guards were not watching all areas. There was no guard at the bottom of the big slides and the girl manning the outdoor slides was reading a book and did not even look up. That is very concerning for parents who leave older kids at the park by themselves. Also, the other area of concern was the kids area... the little kids slides were so fast that they crashed to the bottom and then it just made my son scared to do it again. I saw one parent have a baby in their hands and the dad went down with the baby, and the dad flew forward and barely could stop himself. We loved the arcade and the Saturday movie night. My kids loved sitting in front of the big screen on bean bags to watch the movie to just chill out before bed time =) We ate the breakfast buffet there and it was a bit expensive, but was to be expected since we have been to these type places before. It was pretty good. We just went to Tomah to get other food for other meals. They have everything you need and its just a few miles up the road. Overall, we had a great experience and you cannot beat the price! It was very clean and quiet and the customer service was best I have seen! We were traveling from North Dakota back home to Ohio and it was a great place to stop!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ElenaF_13013, Manager at Three Bears Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Three Bears Lodge. We do apologize for the lifeguard issues and will make our Aquatics Manager aware of that so that it can be addressed. Again we are so glad that you stayed with us and we hope to see you again!
Juneau, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We just got back from staying in one of the villas at Three Bears, not to be confused with the stones-throw-away: Yogi Bear Campground. I say this with disappointment, because years ago when we came here, these two were one big happy family. And i must say, it was much more fun. I would have liked to have been able to take part in the campground's daily planned activities, mini golf,teen dance nights and evening outdoor movies (which was one of my kid's favorite memories). As I read in another review, information on doing so was slim to none. There are signs everywhere saying you cannot enter the campground area, but I would have liked to have known about the option to buy a wristband for that area. I realize Three Bears has been through some significant struggles, so I guess that's why it's become very separated. And all in all, it's still a great place to vacation. I absolutely LOVE the villas, they are clean, spacious, newish, and incredibly cute in
my opinion (although they will have to work HARD on keeping these rentals up in good repair as signs of rushed building practices is starting to be very evident.) The beds are comfortably made with plenty of pillows and charming north woods quilts. My daughter loved how the living room chairs even fold flat for a fun shorty bed perfect for kids. Plenty of towels everywhere, even with 2 teenage boys! And even if there hadn't been enough, I love that there's a washer/dryer to use right in our villa. ( I had all our laundry done before we even left! Yeah!) But I did wonder why the washer/dryer unit was not installed in the huge cleaning closet; its existing placement
makes it rather loud in the rest of the living space. My only complaint would be the pots and pans in the kitchen: they were quite dirty; but given that there are no scrubbies available, it's understandable. A complimentary scrubby would be nice. Next time I will be bringing my own! Aside from that, the kitchen is quite perfectly stocked with newer, all matching dinnerware which I appreciate. I have stayed in many cabins elsewhere in which everything obviously came from second-hand stores. Each villa has it's own fire ring and attached grill, but being that the villas are so close together, we didn't use ours because it was so close to our neighbors; I like to relax by a fire with my own family, not my family and the neighbor's 10 feet away doing the same thing: but that's just me, I realize others enjoy the community of being close together. Firewood is very reasonable at $4 a bundle.
The water park areas are not too big, not small, but juust right! ( a reference to the 3-bears story--- sorry, I couldn't help it ;) The lifeguards for the most part seemed like they were happy, helpful, and having fun; which has always seemed like an incredibly boring job to me! Good job lifeguards! One of ours was slightly dancing to the music, which I thought was fun, I hate to see kids not enjoying their jobs. But this water park is definitely geared for the 12 and under crowd. Which brings me to the skate park....Incredible! and the owner/operator is a great guy. I feel sorry for him though, because this resort does not cater well to the teen crowd, which is the age group he needs! Three Bears would do well to spend any and all money for additions and improvements to be geared solely to this age-group! ( I would put many exclamation points here, but I don't think I could put enough....) if they are wondering what their biggest problem is, that would be it in my opinion. But even so, my whole family had a really nice time, we will be back! :)

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for staying with Three Bears! We are so glad you had a great time here. We apologize for the dirty dishes and we will look into getting better scrub pads for doing dishes. We will look into marketing better to teens as you suggested.

Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again.
Lapel, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Our family of 5 reserved a double queen suite for one night at a AAA discount ($108.36 with tax). The lobby and gift shop area was clean and nicely themed. We arrived around 5:30pm. The front desk staff was friendly and quickly checked us in, and we were soon on our way to our room (414) on the 4th floor.

I was very impressed with the clean room, comfy beds and sofa bed. Plenty of outlets for our electronics. We had plenty of towels, and my teenage stepson slept fine on the sofa bed. The A/C was easily adjusted to our preferred temp.

The room had a microwave, coffee maker, paper towels, and mini fridge.

The water park was outstanding. We had wristbands given to us at check-in, and after being given towels at the entrance to the water park, we were soon relaxing and having fun.

Later on, we went upstairs in the water park to Papa Bears Pizzeria. We ordered a Family Deal: 14 inch cheese pizza, 4 pcs of garlic bread and a 2-liter of Diet Pepsi for $25 including tax. It was really good and just enough for us.

One word of caution - the floor into the pizzeria was really slippery when coming in still wet from the water park. My daughter slipped, but there was signage indicating the floor was wet. Not their fault, although some mats or a different floor treatment would be better.

The lazy river was awesome! Plenty of single and double tubes. The older kids and my husband loved the slides. My young daughter and I enjoyed a pool, kiddie area and one of the hot tubs which was indoor/outdoor and allowed children over 6. There were people in there with babies though. There is also an adults-only hot tub near the entrance.

I was very pleased with the convenient and clean restroom facilities.

My daughter and I also used the restrooms in the women's locker room near the entrance, and there were lots of showers with chairs to allow for easy changing. I also used a machine to dry my daughter's swimsuit. Very convenient!

We were there on a Friday night, so the water park was open until 9pm.

We will definitely be staying at Three Bears Resort next year when heading to/from Minnesota.

Stayed June 2014
Hello Betsy! We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us at Three Bears. We will be on the look out for mats for the slippery stairs. Thank you for staying with us! We can't wait to see you again.
Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This past weekend we spent the weekend at the Three Bears Lodge for the first time and were very impressed! We were greeted upon checkin by two costumed bears who also were in the lobby handing out cold juice. There was no wait at check-in and the staff was very friendly. There were plenty of luggage carts available. Majority of the parking is in a parking ramp, so it is best to pull up to the front doors, unload and then move your car to the ramp.

The staff was friendly and pleasant - but not too helpful unless asked specific questions - many of which they didn't have answers to or had very vague answers for:

The was a small sign on the desk that checkout would be extended to 2pm Sunday for our convenience - which was great! However, this was not mentioned or pointed out - I just happened to see it and asked if it applied to us.

We were not told upon checkin that we were able to use Yogi Bear Jellystone Park next door and all their amenities this weekend. We happened to know off Yogi's website and asked - as it was a main reason for our stay. We asked if our wristbands we were given at check-in worked for there too - and upon asking were told no - we needed different ones. We then prompted to ask where we got those and were told at Yogi. We also asked for the activity guide for Yogi as we knew they were having a themed weekend and were told they weren't aware of one.

At the same time we asked the front desk how to walk to the campground (to get the bands) and were told to follow the driveway - to the highway! That didn't seem right given they were somehow connected with about 100 villas between - so we asked a second employee in a different location, who told us she wasn't sure but thought there might be trails somewhere, but we might need the wristband (we were trying to track down) for the trail - or we could take the train.

We then asked how to catch the Train to Yogi and were told "at the train stop" and when asking where that was were told, "out front." It is out front, and marked - but with about a 14" sign. Mind you, this is a HUGE resort, with likely well over 100 villas, and then the campground backed up to it. You would be hard pressed to figure out where this is if you didn't see the train coming. When we got to the train stop - we were then told to go to the campground via train (to get the wristbands), you had to be wearing the wristband you were trying to track down. I asked a third employee where you walk to the campground - as I knew you had to be able to - and was told, "follow the train tracks," - which are actually a walking path - with no marking of being a "train track."

After calling Yogi to ask how to walk there - we were told they actually had someone in a specific Villa with the wristbands, activity guide and their eating guide available. (We also learned that the villas, resort, and campground though matching - are all separate and one employee informed us "don't get along too well - this promo is something new we are trying for the first time").

This was minor for me as I enjoy walking - however I think for a lot of families, or with multiple kids - you would have pulled your hair out - as this took us 2 hours!

We booked a queen suite at a great rate and were incredibly happy with it. The room was very clean, but being a fussy person who has worked hospitality in the past - I did notice the room needed to have the edges vacuumed. However, it wasn't disgusting, just needed attention.

The room had a small bar top with a sink, paper towels, mini fridge and mini microwave in it. All were very handy. I would highly recommend bringing your own snacks up to your room and using this - especially if you like healthy snacks. Kitchenette bar separated the closing door between the two queen beds and the pull out couch area that we put a pack n play for our toddler.

The bathroom was spacious and clean - and a nice touch was plenty of towels even for extra showers after the water fun.

There is a nice indoor waterpark that would be any child under age 8's dream. There are also I believe 4 larger slides for older kids. There is a good sized lazy river, as well as a smaller wave pool and very nice play structure for younger kids including baby swings. This is the same structure that Yogi Bear Jellystone Park in Warren's also has (but theirs is outside). There is an attendant at the front of the waterpark and many signs mentioning no carry in - and they will check bags/strollers at their discretion for this. This person hands out pool towels and also had (very worn looking) lifejackets to borrow for smaller children.

They also had an outdoor waterpark - but it was not open on Friday, didn't appear to be open Saturday and we didn't go out there Sunday. It was 80 and sunny other than one hour of rain Saturday afternoon - so not sure why it appeared to be closed?

There is a fast food style restaurant in the waterpark as well - but we felt the prices were fairly high and nothing but junk food offered. One example is a large pizza, breadsticks and a two liter of pop was $25.

On the upper level of the waterpark there is a wonderful movie theater. It had about thirty new looking beanbag chairs and they were doing a family movie on Saturday night. The screen is a large projector with a very clear picture despite it being moderately lit for guests to move around inside. This to me was a very nice amenity that I haven't seen done well at other waterpark resorts.

Outside the (indoor) waterpark is a nice sitting area for families. There were a lot of kids books, legos and I believe coloring sheets on child sized tables the entire weekend. It looked on Saturday they also put out some craft activities to use as you please. Again, a nice touch!

The resort also has two other restaurants - one of which we tried - the Pub. I felt the prices in here were a bit higher as well. For example I ordered our toddler a grilled cheese, which came with a side for $6 - drink was not included. None of the sides were healthy other than the veggie - which was zucchini, squash and onion. I felt with the onion my toddler wouldn't eat this. I would have really liked if they had apple slices, half a banana, or carrots as an option as I know it is important to us and other families to feed our kids healthy.

The other restaurant we did not try - they mentioned a $13 or so buffet for breakfast Saturday and we didn't want to over-eat before going swimming so we skipped this. The small coffee shop off the lobby had some snacks as well.

This weekend was also a really excellent promotion. The Jellystone Park Campground was allowing use of their amenities with your stay. This for us sealed the deal!

There is an adorable train that drives around both properties and picks up guests every 15 minutes from approximately 10am-7pm on the weekends. There are multiple pick ups - one right in front of the resort. The conductor stops, helps families on (including strollers, coolers) and is very kind - even refusing tips!

The campground was incredibly well run - you could tell they had an immense amount of experience with what they were doing - and it is well worth the cost to buy wristbands to use their facilities when this promo is not being run. They encourage carry in picnic lunches (no glass) and have a wonderful cafeteria style restaurant that is very reasonable. Adult omlet breakfast with toast and hash browns was $5 - hot breakfast sandwiches were around $3 - large pizzas for $10 ect.

Their website doesn't show off all that is offered on the property but I will admit I am fussy - and it exceeded my expectations (please see my review there).

They had on the hour every hour offerings of almost all free activities that as Three Bears guests we could enjoy. They were all family fun and engaging for all ages. They certainly didn't skimp on these - and the few that you paid a bit for likely didn't even cover the cost of what you were doing.

Included with the promo was use of all their facilities which includes the waterpark, two mini golf course (one for toddlers), gorgeous park with the nicest sand I have ever seen, man made pond with volleyball, a raft and toddler play structure with swings. Basketball court ...and the list just goes on and on. They had an incredible and reasonable priced giftshop with adorable tee shirts ect.

This truly made the experience at Three Bears 5 stars - but the lack of communication, lack of proper signage, and healthy food options brought us to our rating of 4.

We will certainly be back - and hope others try and enjoy the property as well.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Gloria_D692, Manager at Three Bears Lodge, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us! We are so glad that you enjoyed your time with us. I also appreciate you sharing your experience with our front desk staff, I will be make sure that they are aware and on top of directions for next time. Again we are so glad you had a great time at Three Bears Lodge, we hope to see you again.

Been to Three Bears Lodge? Share your experiences!