“Great amenities, cabin needs improvement.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jellystone Park Warrens

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrens
Jellystone Park Warrens
You added Jellystone Park Warrens to your Saves list
1500 Jellystone Park Road, Warrens, WI 54666   |
Hotel deals
“Great amenities, cabin needs improvement.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Warrens Jellystone at the end of June. We travelled with myself, my husband, and our two daughters, ages 6 and 8. The amenities and activities at the park were fantastic. The sandy beach was great for the kids to build and dig in, and the lake had baby swings and a small play structure. There was also a great area with a lazy river (very cold), wave pool, and a bucket/slide structure. There were other swimming pools and a large water slide as well. My daughters enjoyed the nightly dance parties. The park model cabin we stayed in was in need of updating, and the beds were very small, making for uncomfortable sleeping arrangements. Unfortunately the weather was cold and rainy for our stay which meant much more time in the cabin, an already uncomfortable location. Although we loved the park itself if we returned we would need to spend more for a nicer cabin in order to really enjoy our stay.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

I have just come back from my 3rd trip to Jellystone Park, and it was great, as always. The facilities were pretty clean, staff was extremely helpful and friendly, and the cabins we stayed in were fresh and tidy. The staff did a great job running the daily activities, and were very helpful when it came to obstacles. The water facility is awesome!!! They have a Lazy River, a wave pool, a sports pool, 2 different pools for those who just wanted to go swimming, a wading pool for the little ones, a splash area, and even a water slide! Overall, Jellystone Park is very family-oriented, has many activities planned for the day, and is a great place to stay for the weekend. If you're looking for a weekend getaway destination for your family, this is the place!

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

For years our family stayed at Jellystone in Warrens....dating back to the 70's or 80's. We always had a very large group (60+), camping way in the back. Many happy memories were made, and we always had great customer service.

Our trips ended in the late 90's, but this year we decided to come back and stay in the villas.

At check in we noted a problem with our villa. I went back to the check in office to explain our problem. The young woman who checked me in was very friendly and offered to resolve the situation by giving us a different cabin. At that time Natalie came in and asked for a run down on what happened. I tried to explain, mentioning we HAD requested to be in that area. I then asked that our new cabin be nearby. She said "well you requested that cabin". (I feel they purposely downplayed.how many flights of stairs there were to get into the cabin) They suddenly went from having a few available cabins for us, to being totally full per Natalie.

Natalie was very rude the entire time. She was not sympathetic in the least, instead she had a snarky look on her face and a sarcastic tone of voice.

We were very dissatisfied with their resolution, or non resolution of the situation. There were no offers to talk to management, no comped night. Nothing.

We were going to reserve several of the 5 plex villas for our group next year. We have decided to take our business elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I reserved a RV site over the phone. The website only allowed 3 night reservations. When I called the agent told me their system was tied in with the neighboring resort/cabins and I had to reserve one night over the phone - which I did. I have stayed at this park before while passing through the area. It is very expensive for a site comparatively.

My work schedule changed and I was not able to keep the reservation and I called to cancel it more than 30 days prior to the stay. The agent (male) told me he would take care of it and had to let the manager know why I cancelled. Told him my work schedule changed. He said there would be a $30 cancellation fee. I asked that he please cancel the reservation and that could he please waive the fee since it was well in advance. He said it was "policy". I asked that a manager call me. That was 5 days ago and I have not received a call and noted my credit card account was refunded all but the $30. This seems crazy for that amount of charge with so much notice of cancellation. I will never reserve or stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Warrens hotels

Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just got back from 3 days at Jellystone. It was a great family vacation. We stayed in a park model (a trailer). If was older but clean and everything in working order. It was fine for our family. We enjoyed the wide range of activities they offered. My daughter (5) could have lived in the water park. My son (3) enjoyed golfing, the arcade, and just hanging out. My only complaint was the DJ dance. The first half was fine, with age appropriate music, the second half the music was not appropriate in any way. They tried to edit out cuss words but you could still here them. Then a rather large group of drunk, young adults took over the dance floor. We left. It was not Jellystones fault, but I do believe security should have been on site to control it a little more. One more suggestion, would be no smoking or glass bottles in the bandstand area. Other than that we had a great time and will be back next year..

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just got back from spending five days at JellyStone Campground in Warrens, WI. I was so skeptical because I read the reviews and some were not so good. We had great customer service, the staff was awesome and the lifeguards were very attentive! We stayed in the Yogi Cabin and it was so cool. It was clean, roomy, and perfect for our family of four. We rented a golf cart and toured the property every day. It was awesome that we could just drive it over to the convenience store for supplies and plug it in while we were at-the water park. They have really thought of everything a family could want. We already booked it for next year!

wilmot, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I rented a small cabin for two nights with our two small children (ages 5 & 3). It rained most of the time but we had a great time regardless. First, the place is VERY clean! Bathrooms were all clean, cabin was clean and we saw employees weeding and cleaning sidewalks while we were there. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. We did not rent a golf cart and didn't feel like it was needed. My husband braved the rain and cooler temperatures with my children in the wave pool, lazy river, children's splash area and larger water slide. The game room was fun for my younger children. They had a petting zoo on Saturday. We used the craft room and it was a little pricy but not outrageous, it is what you would expect while on vacation. We played mini-golf and even watched the cartoons in the rain. We took the train ride (which only goes over to Three Bears Lodge and back and seemed like a marketing ploy but my children didn't care). The only complaint I have, if you can even call it that, is the cabin we stayed in was very close to two other cabins. Fire pits were only 10 feet apart. Not a big deal. Our neighbors were families just like us.
I can hardly believe the last few reviews of this campground as our experience was very different. We drove 3.5 hours to get there and would do it again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Jellystone Park Warrens? Share your experiences!