“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wales
Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast
You added Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
101 James Street, Wales, WI 53183   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Wales B&B and Inns
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

The room was as described beautiful and clean. Dee really pays attention to the little details and it shows. Her recommendation for a restaurant was spot on. I would recommend it to anyone interested in staying in this area. The proximity to the bike trail is a great bonus for bikers.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor room is quiet and has an amazing bath tub and shower.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hands down, this was the best B&B we have ever visited! It exceeded our expectations on every count. I chose this place to surprise my husband on his birthday. And boy, was he surprised! The cake was simply melt-in-your-mouth yummilicious. Not the pretentious, store bought kind, but the kind your family bakes for you with love. The frosting was creamy yet light. Just perfect! We just couldn't stop enjoying and making yummy noises:)

The highlight of our visit was getting acquainted with the innkeeper, Dee. She adds a divine grace to the place with her charismatic and warm persona. She gave us a warm welcome and left no stone unturned in making us feel comfortable. Her enthusiasm is easily contagious!

We stayed in the Red Room, which was spotlessly clean. The decor was quaint and charming. The inn is beautifully decorated and marvellously maintained with the signature figurine- the Pedal!

What was cherry on the top of the drool-worthy sundae which was this trip was the amazing 4 course breakfast prepared by Dee. We've never had such a filling, innovative breakfast before! It was a 4 course vegetarian breakfast tailored for us. It included a delicious mango-champagne sorbet, fluffy Coconut pancakes, Beets with nuts, drizzled with basil and garnished lightly with fresh bits of coconut and the most delicious poached pear in red wine! And Dee is not just an innovative chef but a gracious one at that. She was more than happy and enthusiastic to share with us the secret of her fluffy pancakes. Not what many chefs do. And what better to share this marvellous breakfast with awesome company of other friendly guests who stayed in the inn.

As we were prepared to leave, we got delayed beyond our check out time due to unexpected contingencies. But Dee was yet again gracious enough not only to accommodate us but to give us a warm, personal send-off:)

All in all, thank GOD and thank heavens we chose this place. Cant wait to get there again soon:)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I surprised my husband with an overnight stay at the Pedal'rs Inn for our anniversary, and we were both more than pleasantly surprised with its charm. Dee, the innkeeper, was more than hospitable and made our stay welcoming and relaxing. It was a perfect getaway from our busy lives with two children.

We stayed in bed chamber 3, which I highly recommend. Dee made the most amazing breakfast and shared with us the history of the building and the family that built and lived there. Great history.

One of the best bed and breakfasts I have ever stayed at, and I look forward to planning another stay there hopefully soon!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Beloit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Dee has created a peaceful haven where we were treated to comfy alcoves, tastefully selected wall coverings and window treatments, plus a heated tile floor. Her culinary expertise is a treat. Breakfast started with sorbet (made with homegrown berries), moist scones, the lightest quiche I have ever tasted - the table was very inviting each moring, including fresh flowers. You can tell her B & B is a labor of love - she made us feel at ease as soon as we arrived. I am returning in June.
Catherine

Room Tip: We selected Bedchamber #4 - we were the only guests on the third floor of this Victorian home. It w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I enjoyed running on the bike trail right by the house and found the accomadations the most luxurious of all the B&Bs I have stayed in (I've only been to 4 though:) Nice dinning is just a few minutes by car to Delafield.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Berwyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed here recently with my wife and had a fantastic experience. We arrived early in the day and took advantage of the early check feature which allowed us to enjoy fresh coffee, delicious baked apple halves, and the most decadently delicious scones I've ever tasted. We also purchased the sleigh ride package which was an absolute blast! On our second morning we were treated to some delicious homemade biscotti, two varieties of savory pepper soup, sorbet, a hearty helping of excellent eggs florentine with a mushroom dish on the side. We will definitely be returning here in the near future.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our stay at Pedlar's Inn was a much needed overnight get-away for my husband and I as date nights are few and far in between these days. We have been to several B&Bs over the years and the experience you will have here with Dee will make you want to book another stay. Dee was so kind and made our stay so warm and inviting - we wanted to stay another night. Our room was clean and beautifully decorated. The bed was so comfortable with the soft sheets and fluffy blankets. Dee sent me a text the day of check in just letting us know if we had a late start or things to do to just let her know and she would accomodate a later check in with instructions. I really thought that was a nice touch as you can easily get off track leaving your own home when you have kids and a list of things to do. Dee offered to make reservations for us for a local restaurant but we had lunch locally and really wanted to stay in and order pizza. She gave us several suggestions and menus to choose and that really made our night easy and relaxing. When breakfast was ready the next morning, Dee served us and also conversed with us about the history of the house, her kids and husband and we even met her dogs when we asked if we could see them. The food was so delicious and I was impressed that Dee works so hard to make sure she uses local resources to make her guests experiences top notch. I am telling my friends and family about Pedlar's Inn B&B. You will too! I can't wait to book another stay!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pedal'rs Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!