“Great Homemade Food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Contemporary, Café, Organic, Sandwiches
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We are a local farm cookhouse specializing in showcasing our fresh meats and working with local farmers to utilize fresh, local produce and ingredients. We make everything in-house and have a diverse menu ranging from tasty sandwiches like our Banh Mi or Cubano on fresh, locally baked bread - to comfort cuisine such as our Mac & Cheese, Shepherd's Pie and Meatloaf! Come check us out!
“Great Homemade Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Honestly, my wife and I have eaten here many times trying all different types of things. Not once have we had something we didn't like.

CookhouseCrew, Manager at Jordandal Cookhouse, responded to this review, September 29, 2014
Thanks so much for your support of our small local business, and for your review! We are thankful for people like you who make what we do enjoyable and worthwhile each day. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Not Impressed At All”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I heard about the Cookhouse from a co-worker who said it was excellent. My mom, sister, and I tried it today for lunch, and we were all very unimpressed. We split some beef barley soup and two sandwiches. The soup had a very weird taste that none of us could identify. The sandwiches were not very tasty either...kind of bland. The sandwiches were very small for the price. We were really hoping for a great place to enjoy locally grown food from. Unfortunately, this didn't do it for us.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your candid feedback, and for writing us a review. We are sorry to hear that your meal did not meet your expectations on the day that you visited us, but hope that you will give us another chance! Although something must not have gone exactly right on your last visit, we can assure you that it is our mission to serve only the freshest and tastiest meals on a consistent basis. We get better at it all the time, and are even expanding our restaurant to include a seating area where you will be able to enjoy your delicious Jordandal food in-house. Come check us out again! Thanks again for your support of our small, local business!
Madison, Wisconsin
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Kind enough words dont exist to express all the wonderful things I want to say about Jordandal Cookhouse... I should preface by saying that I am somewhat of a self-proclaimed food snob, having worked in restaurant management, cooking schools, and catering since I was 14. I'm not an easy one to please when it comes to food... but these guys satisfy! I have eaten there more times than I can count on both hands, and haven't been let down once yet. Staff (Cannie, Aly, and co) are ALWAYS super friendly and willing to answer any questions, and the food.....WOW.

Months ago, they had a seared salmon sandwich special one day with a fresh peach salsa that I still have dreams about!! Their sandwiches are amazing, filling, and reasonably-priced, each including a cold side. Freshly-baked bread is TO DIE FOR. Cold sides are unique and delicious. Try the wheat berry salad with cranberries if it's available, you will not be dissapointed.

They have daily sandwich and dinner specials, as well as chili, and usually another soup every day too. Had the Indian peanut stew with sausage, and I was skeptical... sausage and peanuts? OMG. SO GOOD on a cold day, warmed me up from the inside out!

Friday night BBQ ribs are BOMB... And their beer bacon brussels sprouts are also noteworthy! I also wish they would add their friend chicken to the menu permanently. Also, the butterscotch pudding is amazing if you want dessert, and bring the mason jar back next time for $1 off!

The ONLY thing I would change is making their hours longer so I could enjoy Jordandals Sundays and Mondays, after 4 on Saturdays, or after 8pm any other day, but that's just me being selfish.

Thanks Jordandals for the tasty local eats!

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wow! Thanks so much for your review and all of the kind words! We are ecstatic to hear that you enjoy what we have to offer and hope to continue seeing you on a regular basis.Thanks for your continued support of our small, local business. See you soon!
Irving, Texas
“Really good local food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Wanted something light and it was recommended by the hotel staff. This is basically a small shop that makes food for takeout. The food comes from a local farm about an hour away. I had a Cubano sandwich, which was sliced beef and ham with pickles on a ciabatta type roll. It was excellent, very lean meat and very tasty. They had a choice of sides. I got a small container of humus with some locally grown fresh veggies ( red bell peppers, carrots, radishes, and broccoli). The humus was good and vegetables clearly just came out of the ground. Great food, wonderfully friendly staff, and support for local food.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thanks for the great feedback, and for taking the time to write us a review. We hope you will visit us again when in the area. We are currently expanding to include seating for our restaurant, too! Soon, you will be able to sit down in-house and enjoy your delectable Jordandal meal! Thanks again for your support of our small, local business!
Michigan
“Great Local Food, Great People and Great Addition to Verona”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have been to the Cookhouse several times now for both their frozen prepared meals and their made to order take out. The food is great. Great combinations of incredibly fresh flavors and ingredients. The Cubano sandwich was remarkably flavorful. The sides are also far superior to your typical bag of chips, like local summer sausage and cheese. The people there are also great, explaining the menu and ingredients and are very welcoming.

It's also nice to support a local business that emphasizes the use of other local ingredients and suppliers for nearly, if not, everything on their menu.

Definitely a great a addition to Verona and worth a drive to get a quick sandwich. No seating inside the clean and welcoming store front. Just a place to get some great food and go.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your business and for your review of Jordandal Cookhouse. We are so happy to hear that you appreciate what we do here, and are glad you enjoy your experience each time you visit! Come see us again soon - we are even expanding to offer a seating area in which you will have the option to dine-in!