“Great flavor and friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 29 Restaurants in Verona
Cuisines: Mexican
Blue Mounds
“Great flavor and friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I shared the dinner version of the molcajete. It was shrimp, chicken, steak and chorizo. There was half an avocado inside filled with pico as well. I have had molcajete in Mexico and this was the best I have ever had. Great complex flavors and just the right amount of spice. What a great find in Verona. We will definetely be back!!

“I'm Cuckoo for Cuco's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011 via mobile

I read the other reviews and thought I give it a try. Big place with dining on one side and a bar on the other. Standard fare for Mexican food, but the menu had some nice additions. I chose Molcajete. Chicken, shrimp and steak in a tomatillo sauce served in a hot stone pot with green onions and pico de gallo. This was complemented with rice, refried beans and house salad. Tortillas.

Great service, complementary chips with salsa at the table. I would come back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Badgerfan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011 via mobile

Great food! Great service! Great location! Great addition to the community! I will definitely be back soon.

Madison, WI
“Lightning fast service and good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

Our family has now been to Cuco's in Verona three different times. On each occasion, we've been seated immediately - with complimentary chips and salsa arriving at our table shortly after we sit. The salsa is one of my favorites in the area. It is a little runny - but has a great tomato flavor. Our drink orders have always been promptly taken and delivered to our tables.

The menu at Cuco's is quite large. One of my favorites has been the Quesadilla Grande, which is a large quesadilla filled with a good amout of cheese, bacon, and veggies. Mine was served with rice - which is a typical Mexican rice that you'd find at just about any restaurant. Most recently I tried an a la carte Chicken Quesadilla. It was a little light on cheese - and the chicken was a little dry. Adding some of Cuco's salsa to my dish made it taste quite good. My wife always gets the fish tacos. Three soft tacos are filled with a decent amount of grilled fish - and served with both rice and refried beans.

I cannot figure out how Cuco's cooks their food so fast. On more than one occasion, our food has literally been to our table within five minutes of ordering! Size of your party does not seem to be a factor - as our most recent visit was a group of eight and we still experienced the same fantastic service.

All in all I've been quite happy with Cuco's. The fast service makes it a great place to take our young children and get a good meal!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Are we in Mexico?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I'm not a expert on Mexican food so this is my opinion. This is a fairly new restaurant and we thought we'd try it out. Service was quick and friendly. Started out with the typical free corn chips and salsa, but the salsa was so good I had to ask for more. There were 3 of us and we ordered shrimp fatija burrito, a burrito cheese steak and a Mexacana fatija. Very high reviews were given by everyone. Large portions, fresh, hot, great taste and nicely presented. We split a fried ice cream for desert since it was a special occasion and that too was great. There are also vegetarian items on the menu. I would strongly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2011