Stayed for two nights. Called ahead to confirm the desired location of rooms and set up. They had everything down already and they also confirmed that they would hold our rooms in spite of late check in. When we got there they indeed had assigned us the wanted rooms. We were greeted very friendly and with hot chocolate chip cookies, and little bags with water and snacks as well as a coupon for free drinks across the street. Although we didn't make it across the street the gesture is really welcomed and it made us feel appreciated.
Rooms were spacious and looked like the Hyatt we recently stated at in Denver Colorado, so was very positively surprised of how nice they were as I didn't expect this nice standard at a Holiday Inn.
Throughout the stay everyone on staff were overly friendly and extending themselves as much as possible to make every guest feel welcome.
We only have two cons for this hotel: first of all they use styrofoam for the breakfast. The breakfast has a nice large variety and seems quite fresh. But why on earth ruin the feeling by using cheap environmentally harzadeous not to mention unhealthy etc. The dining room is nice and the spread was good but the styrofoam really ruined that nice feel. I would much rather pay an extra $1-2 per night and have proper dishes.
Secondly the pool was more than very cold. They afterwards said they had just changed the water but it would be nice if they would notify/warn guests before the guests jumped in to a crocodile bath.
This hotel is also located very nicely away from major highways, and probably the quietest of all the hotels in the vicinity. Only noise we heard was in the evening when another guests car alarm went off and once when the adjoining property was having their parking lot shoveled for snow (yes annoying but I guess weather is out of the hands of the hotel).
Last comment is that adjoining rooms don't allow you to keep doors ajar but one can keep them unlocked for easy access. Would be nice with a door stopper so we didn't have to worry about them slamming on us.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Madison-Verona
- Holiday Inn Express Verona
- Verona Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Verona
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience upscale elegance and comfort at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona. Our beautiful hotel near Madison, Wisconsin is conveniently located to the southwest just off Highways 18/151 and Epic Lane in the cozy hometown suburb of Verona, Wisconsin.We are the closest hotel to Epic Systems Corporation campus in Verona. The hotel is also just minutes from many other Verona area businesses including JT Packard, Cleary Building Corporation, and SAFC Pharma.Guests enjoy close proximity to several area attractions including the Cave of the Mounds, House on the Rock, Henry Vilas Zoo and the State Capitol. Also nearby is Camp Randall Stadium, the University of Wisconsin Arboretum & shopping at West Towne Mall.Travelers will find our over the top service and stylish accommodations exceed expectations. Our hotel provides a complimentary local shuttle for area businesses and airport transportation service for the Dane County Regional Airport (MSN). In addition, we provide meeting space for up to 100 people and a business center with fax, copy & print services, along with free high-speed, wired and wireless Internet access. Guests will also enjoy amenities including a heated, indoor pool, soothing hot tub, an over-sized, state-of-the-art fitness center & our complimentary hot breakfast bar. We look forward to having you as our guest. Make the smart choice, and book your reservation today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Madison-Verona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.