“On the fence.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Two Rivers
WI.
“On the fence.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The location is fantastic! Literally right ON the beach. The hotel itself is older, albeit clean enough. We had cocktails in the bar one evening. Wasn't overly impressed with the bartender who seemed to only be interested in eating her dinner. Although we didn't eat in the restaurant, I did peek at the dinner menu. The prices seemed a bit steep for my liking. I'm still trying to decide if I feel the rates($139.00 a night) were worth it. Not sure.

Room Tip: Definitely lakeview!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Libertyville, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Unassuming on the outside, the Lighthouse Inn is literally right on the shore of Lake Michigan. The kids loved swimming on the private, shallow sandy beach. The restaurant food was very good-we ate there several times for breakfast and dinner-you can't get a better view of the moon rise! The rooms were basic "motelish" but clean. My only complaint is that it was quite humid in the room. The indoor pool was also a hit with the kids (8 and 10). Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Lakeside rooms offer a nice view, but they do not have outdoor access to the lake (windows only)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

When I first arrived at the site, I was a little worried. The outside isn't glamorous and made me worry about the cleanliness; however, once you walked into the inn you were overwhelmed by the cuteness and quaint lake town feel you were exposed to. It is very basic, but the view is AMAZING! You are literally feet from Lake Michigan. There are walking trails that expand from both directions of the inn. They have bike rentals available as well as a hair dryer, iron and board, and business center. The Water Edge Lodge had a very friendly staff and great offerings on their menu. I would highly recommend this location. I thoroughly enjoyed my week in Two Rivers!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a lake view!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This was our first time travelling up to WI as a family. I called ahead earlier in the day to see about getting an early check in. My husband was doing the Scenic Shores 150 bike tour, and he was going to be done before he originally thought he would. The hotel said they would do their best to get us in early.

When we arrived, our room was not quite ready, but being cleaned soon, so we went to the restaurant and had lunch while we waited. After lunch, we had a few more minutes to wait. The receptionist was wonderful, giving us some ideas of things to do in the area and gave each of our children a new little stuffed toy to enjoy that had been left from the claw machine. She helped get our room ready sooner, by asking the cleaning staff to clean it before other rooms.

The room was clean, and nice. It had a nice area for the kids to stretch and play. We went to the beach for a little bit too, and it was beautiful! Breakfast the following morning from room service was very good as well. We plan to go back there again and stay for more than just one night!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chilton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I chose to celebrate our 29th anniversary in Two Rivers. Seeing that the Lighthouse Inn has lake views we decided to stay here. The Mariner Bike trail is one my favorites, following the lakeshore to Manitowoc. Inland the temperature was near 100; in Two Rivers it was in the low 80's. The room included a mini-fridge and microwave so we ate breakfast prepared in our room, but sat outside on a swing facing the lake. I would definitely go back. I'd love to see a storm out over the lake:-)

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I wish I could stay at this hotel every weekend. Just 2 of us for a relaxing, romantic, get a way. We stayed 2nights, rented bikes for a few hours, rode into town and did some awesome shopping- ate at the hotel restaurant several times, the food was good, not superb, but good. I didn't think it was outrageously priced, maybe a little higher, but the service was good, the dining room view of the Lake was also beautiful. We sat at the bar for a couple drinks, had a fantastic after dinner ice cream drink. Again the bar also has a great lake view. We walked in the morning and usually ate breakfast out. Our room was Lake-view and it was wonderful. It was large and the view was fantastic. I loved it. We walked the beach a bit, sat on the bench by the water and enjoyed the view. Our room was spacious and clean, and with the window open we could hear the waves. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub one night all to ourselves. We bought tickets at the front desk at check in to an entertainment show they had on the property. It was an Elvis type impersonator. It was fun, he did a lot of Elvis, and many more, his grandsons played in his group with him. There is a bar upstairs in that same room, but a larger variety of drinks at the downstairs main bar and you could leave and come back as there was a hand stamp. It was fun- something different to do... I have no complaints about this hotel, only compliments. The weekend was wonderful and I cant wait to go back. I wish I could go every weekend!

Room Tip: Get a lakeview!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Rockford, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many many times. There are good things about it like a nice bar, lake views from some of the rooms, free internent and near a nice bike/walking path.It's also not too far from the beach. The only not so good news is that the rooms are more motel like and basic. If you stay, ask for any specials and sign up for their frequent guest club for deals.

Room Tip: Eat at the restaurant! Every meal is wonderful!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Lighthouse Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!