“Warmth and elegance in an authentic country decor” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lark Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tomah
Lark Inn
You added Lark Inn to your Saves list
229 N. Superior, Tomah, WI 54660   |
Special Deal
MOTORCOACH SPECIALS!
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Tomah
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pittston, Pennsylvania
“Warmth and elegance in an authentic country decor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I am a full time entertainer and, as such, have stayed in hundreds of hotels and motels throughout the U.S. and Canada. And, like many who travel frequently for business, I instinctively trust the national chains when choosing accommodations. I am very happy that I chose to take a chance on the privately owned Lark Inn during my trip to Tomas, WI to entertain for two nights at the reknowned Mr. Ed's Tee Pee.

The Lark Inn's web site, www.LarkInn.com, shows rooms impressively decorated in colorful country quilts and antiques. When I checked in the first indication that I would not be disappointed was when I met Mike, the owner. He was friendly and welcoming. And the rooms lived up to the photos on the web site - not only are the rooms colorful and pretty, but they are warm, clean and equipped with modern conveniences. There was a refrigerator, microwave, wi-fi, a dvd player in each room with free dvd rentals (I've never experienced this before), and, after a wonderful night's sleep in a very comfortable bed, I was treated to a delicious continental breakfast. The grounds are beautifully decorated to reflect whatever holiday or season is current.

If you like to experience elegance, romance and warmth in your travels you must give The Lark Inn a try.

There are several chain motels near the Tomah area. I have to tell you that I am very happy that I chose to take a chance on this unique hotel which, by the way, has been around for over a century. I would recommend this wonderful place to anyone who is making a trip to the Tomah, WI area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
The_Larkin_Family, Manager at Lark Inn, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Tom, thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure getting to know you and seeing your show. You are truely blessed with a gift and taking full advantage of it. The Tee Pee put you into our "Classic Suites", which are very roomy and warm. I was more than happy to get your computer up to speed and connected to our free WIFI. I think that time spent working with you on your pc was time well spent. I learned about you and your family, and inturn you learned of ours. We look forward to seeing Neil Diamond again, as I've heard nothing but good things from your show's here in Tomah.
-Mike Larkin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Seffner, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

Every time we go up north to Wisconsin I try to time our trip so we can stay at Lark Inn. Love their little log cabins and their cinnamon rolls are great. The cabins and rooms are very clean and well furnished with above average hotel furniture.

Room Tip: I recommend the log cabin.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
The_Larkin_Family, Manager at Lark Inn, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
SissyD,
Thank you for the glowing review. The log cabins are always the first to go. We used to say it was our "best kept secret", but it seems like the secret is out. The log cabins were built in the early 1900's. I'm sure you noticed the pictures on the walls of the old Model A's and Model T's parked in front of them. Of course we've kept up with the times and modernized them with all of todays imenities. We'll see you again!
Mike Larkin
Innkeeper
wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

While preparing for several business trips in the Tomah area I started doing my homework researching a place to stay. I actually visited this site and found so many nice reviews that I thought I would plan my first stay at the Lark Inn. Well, I am now on my second stay here and have at least two more stays booked. The property is very well maintained, the rooms are clean and the hospitality is unlike any other place that I have stayed at. There are the little "extras" that mean a lot like free DVD rentals (excellent selection), beautiful decor in the rooms (such as Amish wall hangings, Amish quilts and log furniture), lovely manicured grounds (gazebo and benches) and a nice continental breakfast. I found the setting very quiet and restful yet conveniently close to restaurants and downtown. Best of all there is a warm, welcoming feeling from the staff. You feel like an old friend from the first stay there. The Lark Inn is the closest feeling to a home away from home. They literally "leave the light on" for you (each room has a porch light left on). I highly recommend it as a place to stay.
Shelley

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

We booked a cabin for 2 nights and enjoyed our visit. The check-in was easy and we were pleasantly surprised to find you could borrow 2 DVDs a day...their selection was HUGE.

Cabin 33 was very clean and the bed was comfortable. My only complaint was that the bathroom was extremely dark.

The breakfast was okay....a big bowl of canned peaches was the only fruit selection, I think.
The coffee was very weak.

I would recommend the Lark Inn for sure..the grounds were lovely and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Biker friendly, welcoming staff, clean rooms. We have stayed in the rooms and the cabins several times. We like the cabins the best, it's romantic and cozy. This place is walking distance from downtown, which has some good eating places.

Room Tip: The cabins are romantic and cozy
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Looking for an overnight stopover on the way to the Twin Cities and came across the Lark Inn advertisement in AAA book. What a jewel of a find. After having stayed at 4 & 5 star luxurious hotels on this trip, the Lark Inn held its own with these properties in what a guest is looking for. Cleanliness, comfort, value for price, safety, and hospitality.

No, you will not get the luxury I had enjoyed but what you do get is total comfort and relaxation, a homey feeling, a welcoming reception, and a spotless room and grounds away from the hustle and bustle of a big city. The very nice lady at check-in and again at the morning continental breakfast was so nice and hospitable offering dvd's ice, etc. upon checking in. The grounds are spotless clean, and well thought out, i.e., a gazebo, park at your door, trees with benches to sit under, smoker's pole, and other well thought of enhancements.

I had a room in the log cabin and loved it. All the personal touches and the homey feeling it exuded made it so relaxing and comfortable. It had all you could want, microwave, mini-fridge, the usual toiletries, and plenty of bath towels/washcloths. The bed was very comfortable and the bedding with quilt were just the perfect touch. The comfortable swivel chair to sit back in and watch television was the just right for this room.

The continental breakfast offered was delicious and just what you needed Not too much and not enough. They found a perfect balance in what to offer their guests.

The owners and their employees definitely take much pride in the Lark Inn and it shows all around. I cannot highly recommend the Lark Inn enough if nothing else just to get away from the "rat-race" of life and the big city. This is one of those properties you will not forget and appreciate all the thought that went into making it a most enjoyable and relaxing stay. I certainly wish everyone at the Lark Inn the best of success as they do offer a wonderful stay. I look forward to a visit again at the Lark Inn and highly suggest you give them a visit when in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Meandering thru WI. we were looking for a place to stay and came across the Lark Inn in our AAA book. What a a lucky find! Super clean, friendly,huge rooms with a charming quilt decor. They gave us an excellent suggestion for dinner and even helped us fix our computer. We have since recommended it to friends and will definitely return if we get the opportunity.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
LarkInnTomah, Owner at Lark Inn, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for the kind words and recommendations. It truely was a pleasure meeting and visiting with you both. I wish all computer problems were as easy as yours. You two were some of the first to stay in our new wing of Classic Suites! Next time perhaps we will have one of our historic log cabins open. Do I dare say Go Huskers? Safe travels. -Mike Larkin

Been to Lark Inn? Share your experiences!