“Good, no thrills place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Kansas City, MO
“Good, no thrills place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights, clean,comfortable room. Nothing fancy or special about the place. Nice indoor pool area with basic breakfast around the pool. If you have a pool side room could be kind of loud. Staff was helpful and friendly at giving recommendations and information. Other than a gas station no other businesses near the hotel, have to drive to get something to eat, etc.
Would recommend to others.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent visit with us. I'm glad you were happy with the accommodations and service we provide, and hope you will choose to stay with us again the next time you visit the Twin Ports.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Spent a night at the Bridgeview while in superior for a family event. It is a good basic hotel, but showing its age. Our room was ok, thought the bathroom was about the smallest I've seen outside of a cruise ship. The room was clean, they have a nice free continental breakfast and a nice pool area.

The one thing that really annoyed me was the batteries in the TV remote were dead, which I did not discover until I was in bed at close to midnight. Testing the TV remote should be done every day by housekeeping in every hotel, and the batteries replaced when they get weak.

So I get up, get dressed, and go down to the desk, to find no one there, and no way to summon anyone. After waiting for about 10 minutes, a woman finally showed up. I told her what my problem was. She rummaged around and found some batteries, took the remote from me, replaced them, and handed the remote back to me, without saying a word during the whole process. No apology, no real communication at all, other than she seemed kind of annoyed. I would have thought a "Gee, I'm sorry, let me replace them for you," might have been in order, but apparently not.

So, I guess I would stay there again, but I'll check the TV remote immediately upon entering my room. Also, the staff could be a little friendlier!

Room Tip: Whatever room you get, check your TV remote immediately!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
I am very sorry for the poor service you received here during your recent visit, and thank you for bringing it to my attention. I will work with everyone here to improve our skills and professionalism, both in housekeeping regarding the remotes, and at the desk, so that every guest interaction is a positive experience for everyone involved. I hope you find that we have learned from you experience and that you will share your findings after your next visit.
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel is showing its age. For the most part, the stay in was comfortable enough and the wifi worked well.

In the room we had, we had carpet tack staples poking up through the carpet at the threshold of the bathroom. The front desk took $30 off our room for this. Definitely an issue to be aware of.

Room Tip: The noise from the pool area conducts into the surrounding room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your visit and comments. I'm glad you brought the carpet issue to our attention, and that you were satisfied with the resolution options offered by our team. We placed your room out of order and had the maintenance team make the necessary repairs, so that this doesn't recur. I hope you will give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in Superior.
Mount Juliet, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This is a nice place to stay, reasonably priced. The luggage cart had flat tires and the rooms a/c did not function very well. No restaurant on premises, but clean and the people were quite friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and review. I'm for the problems you encountered with your air conditioner and luggage cart, and hope you were happy with the resolutions offered by our team when you brought these things to our attention during your stay. We do everything we can to make things right for our guests while they are still in the hotel, so they can be happy they chose to stay with us. If there is anything further we can do, please contact me directly at kenjacobs@zmchotels.com. I hope you will consider being our guest again, and letting us know how we can make your stay more pleasant.
Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

My boyfriend and I were coming through Superior and due to weather we stopped at Best Western Bridgeview Motor Inn and thankfully they had one room left. The young lady at the front desk that night was very nice and kind with us, however she knew nothing about the area and she was unsure of how to get anywhere.
After we checked in we went to our room we both walked in and loved what we saw lovely set up and clean. We both went to wash our hands and our bathroom sink clogged we let it sit see if it would go down. After about 10 minutes it didn't and we called front desk now around 12 midnight. About 5 minutes later a lady came to our door handed my boyfriend a clean plunger and said "Did you want to do it?" She didn't wait for an answer and she walked away. My boyfriend and I both work at hotels in Canada we were both taken back by how rude she was. We tried to get the sink to drain it never did so we gave up we have a picture it was disgusting.
We put in a wake up call but never heard from anyone. Come morning time I went to open the closet to use the iron and the door fell off and hit my shoulder.
Upon check out I let the gentlemen know all our issues and he apologized and gave us 10$ back from the 150$ we paid I was unimpressed and unsatisfied. Lack of knowledge in the area, lack of customer service and no one asked if there was anything they could have done better, NO UNDERSTANDING FROM STAFF.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I apologize for your recent experience at the Bridgeview. I can understand your frustration with how the staff handled your situation. I know our guests count on us for many things, especially excellent service and local knowledge. I'm sorry you encountered a team member who has not completed her training, and was working without a seasoned supervisor nearby. We will spend more time with her so she has a better understanding her responsibiliteis and of what there is to see and do and how to get there. I did check into the wake up call. From what I can tell the wake up call did go thru. The overnite front desk member should have handled your problem in a more professional manner. I will use your experience in discussions and training the front desk staff to increase their awareness and understanding of our guests' concerns. I have contacted you directly and hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your trust and respect the next time you are in the area. Once again I apologize for your inconvenience.
Yoho National Park, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

stay at the bridgeview all the time we go to superior or duluth , reason being pool side rooms , breakfast for kids so they can come out and eat in pjs , can sit by pool and watch them or go in hot tub , good internet....if you have kids and a pet think about it , dogs in the room he can see you ,you see him , can have a drink pool side , go back to room to grab a snack , plus they have stay 9 times 10 is free so get regular room pool side and free night take the up grade. If you stay there a couple times staff remember you and are more than helpfull and nice ...and best of all it is a family place .

Room Tip: they offer caa rates, and more
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your many visits and for taking the time to share your comments. I'm glad you are happy and comfortable here, and appreicate your recognition of jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you and your family (including the furry four legged members!) and thanking you in person the next time you are our guest.
Thunder Bay, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about the BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn . Doug and his staff have always treated us with a welcoming spirit . As I am a senior and like a quiet area I always request one and have not been disappointed . Its great to see the kids enjoy the pool but it is always nice to find a quiet room to get away . The managers cocktail hour and the wonderful breakfast make it much like it should be . A home away from home . I will continue to stay at the BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn whenever I am in Superior .
Thanks Doug and staff . You are the greatest .

Room Tip: Just mention that you would like a quiet area and if available you will get a room away from the p...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Your loyalty and kind words are greatly appreciated by everyone here. Doug is a terrific leader and we all do our best to follow his examples in hospitality and professionalism. We look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home the next time you visit.

Been to BEST WESTERN Bridgeview Motor Inn? Share your experiences!