“Comfortable and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Superior to your Saves list
Super 8 Superior
Super 8 Superior
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4901 East 2nd Street, Hwy 2 & 53 East, Superior, WI 54880-4303   |
Ranked #1 of 9 hotels in Superior
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Comfortable and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Reserved a room for Saturday aug. 24 requested early check in. Arrived Saturday noon clerk did not see the early check in request but was able to accomidate us, the room was ready in 10 minutes. The room was clean, bathroom was very clean and staff was very friendly.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Clermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

On Aug. 21, while on road, reserved room for that evening. Got to motel who had no reservations. Got room, but paid higher rate than reservation promised. Found out that the reservations were for the previous night, already past, Aug. 20.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I chose this hotel for two reasons: It was the lowest priced hotel I could find in the Twin Ports area (prices are very high in the summer, especially on the weekends). It was also the first hotel you come to when you're driving west on Highway 2. I was coming in from a long drive, and I didn't want to struggle through the tangle trap of the I-35 or climb that hill in Duluth. This was a good, basic no-frills Super 8 that suited our needs. It's a small hotel, opposite the rail yards and facing a gas station. The room was clean and the breakfast was good. They have a waffle maker, which is always nice. The staff was small but very courteous and friendly. A half hour after we checked in, the manager called us to see if everything was okay (this has never happened before, in any hotel I've stayed in). I was also asked this when we checked out. Much to my surprise, our room had a tub big enough to stretch my very long legs in (this has become a rarity in most places I've stayed). This hotel is fine for an overnight stay, but it's miles away from most attractions in the Twin Ports area, which is something to consider if you're planning to stay in the area longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

It's almost impossible to find a room in Duluth so this hotel is a great option since it's pretty close. We had king suite since it was only room available. Large clean room with couch and chair. Small breakfast area. Overall comfortable stay but kind of expensive for such an average hotel.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way north to Canada for a week of fishing. The location was great, right on our route North. The hotel is ok, clean room, ok bed, hot shower, simple continental breakfast. Overall it met our needs for a sleepover.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked stayed here recently on our trip to duluth as all other hotels were booked. Upon our arrival we were promptly checked in and greated by a friendly front desk clerk.

When we went up to our room, my husband, myself and our two children found out our room only had one queen size bed and a crib for our youngest. This was not what I had booked for my family of 4. Unfortunately, they were booked solid and had no other room to move us to. The front desk clerk was apologetic and offered us a cot.

Breakfast was nice in the morning. My little guy loves making his own waffle. Upon returning home, I realized I forgot an article of clothing there. When I called today and talked to Mary, she said sure enough it was there and she would mail it out this week to me. She was sorry she could not do it today. Mary also said not to worry about the shipping. I was just thankful my dress was there snd they were goi g to ship it out to me.

Although, I was disappointed and upset with the mixup on our room, the kind thoughtful staff will prompt me to stay here again!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Super 8 Superior? Share your experiences!