“Not the nicest but the price is right and the service is friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Superior Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Superior Inn
You added Superior Inn to your Saves list
525 Hammond Ave, Superior, WI 54880   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Winnipeg
“Not the nicest but the price is right and the service is friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

This is my second stay at this motel. The motel is old and shows its age. The Owners have chosen to repair instead of replace damaged doors bathtubs etc but at least it has been taken care of.
Staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Breakfast is very light.
The bed is comfortable and the price is very reasonable.
I recommend staying here for a quiet, comfortable rest.

Room Tip: ask for one of the renovated rooms. You may be disappointed otherwise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us ! We greatly appreciate your comments. In case folks are wondering the continental breakfast includes rolls, bagels, juice, coffee, oatmeal and fruit. There have been many improvements made this year and more to come in the fall.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife, son and I stayed here last night, we picked this inn because we stayed here 21 years ago and they are pet friendly so made for a good match, the staff here were very friendly and the room was nice and for the most part clean and comfortable but they need to put new carpets in and they need new bathtubs except for those two items we had a nice stay there and would stay again, my wife had the continental breakfast she said it was very good also.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We have just installed new carpets in 18 rooms and have more slated for the fall. We also are refinishing several bathtubs right now. Please come back and stay with us again, but we hope you won't wait 21 years ! Best, Kay Biga
Payette, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The motel is very easy to locate. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were clean as was the overall appearance of the motel. The room rates were very reasonable. The motel is pet friendly. The continental breakfast is primary fresh bakery goods, a variety of fruit and good coffee. Orange and apple juice were also available.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Good morning. Thank you for your very nice comments. I will make sure to pass them on to the staff. Look forward to having you stay with us again. Ask for me when you check in so that I can meet you in person. Thanks, Kay Biga
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

So from the ourside I was not expecting too much. But the Staff was courteous young and old...they still use a real key, which was cool since I am always paranoid about those swipe card with your credit card info.The room was to be expected but some work has been done in the barthroom. As for the old smell I alway carry some febreze allegen refressher. As a person with asthma those old syle drapes and comforter and carpet all need to go ..but over all clean for the price. The Pool and hot tube area was modern and clean. Family on a budget will love it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thanks for your nice comments. We have been making many capital improvements this spring.
There is new furniture in the pool area, new carpet in 18 rooms, new spreads, new lamps, new luggage racks, etc. Look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Hinckley, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed here March 15, 2014. This is a return visit as I stay here every time I find myself staying overnight in the area. I book at this hotel for several reasons including: location is very close to things I like and convenient to what I need. I stay here because of the value as the price is very good for the rooms and breakfast and GREAT customer service. The ladies at the front desk are ALWAYS polite and welcoming. I have been returning to this hotel for years and plan to return on my next visit to the Duluth/Superior area.

Room Tip: Only advise I can give is if you don't enjoy the laughter of little children do not get a poolsi...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate getting feedback so that we can continue to improve our operation.
Superior, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I'm employed by a company that operates working vessels on the Great Lakes. Ourselves and a couple other firms we're associated with recommend the Superior Inn regularly for the Vessel Captains and Officers who come ashore for assignment rotation or 'days off' time. We try to arrange or call ahead for reservations, but in the world of shipping, that's not always possible. Sometimes we end up rolling in at 2:30 AM and manager Michelle or other staff member at the desk is always very pleasant and accommodating. Vessel Captains can be demanding people, who expect courtesy, competence and reasonable rates. Superior Inn offers these things easily with rarely any problems or drama. The motel is not the "Four Season's" or the "Trump International" and doesn't claim to be -- there are "Sheraton" and "Radisson" hotels in Duluth, just a short drive away -- and an extra $100 - $200 more.

The Superior Inn is a mid-priced motel that caters best to the blue collar business traveler (not the banking or government expense account executive), salesmen and families on a budget. Most guys we've had stay there are pleased with the rooms and service. If you have a complaint, lodge it with the desk and they will take care of the noisy partiers, less than perfect room or other problem pretty quickly. Give them a chance, they're just working folks, too.

The bottom line is that you will find bad experiences & negative comments on any lodging or restaurant site -- that's the nature of comment sections.The best you can do is go with the averages and get the best for what you care to spend. From what I see here and what we've experienced with the Superior Inn, is that you are much more likely to get a pretty decent room, friendly & responsive service, at a very reasonable price -- than not.

Capt. J.E. Montgomery
Sea Service, L.L.C.

Room Tip: Their location is in the heart of the Twin Ports, just a short walk or drive away from excellent foo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments !
Duluth, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

Horrible. Drug needles in parking lot, noisy, don't bring your children. Absolutely disgusting. Old and outdated. Crappy swimming pool. Dirty carpet and beds. Stinks. Would not ever go there again. Rip-off, you could not pay me to stay there. Very poor value and disgusting furniture and annoying plastic on the bed.

• Stayed January 2014
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Good evening -
I am the owner of the Superior Inn and I am sorry that you were disappointed in your stay. We are in the middle of a major renovation and are very excited about the new carpet, bedspreads and drapes that have been ordered.
Please know that we do not tolerate drug use on our property and work closely with our security company.

I would appreciate talking to you about your experience. My phone number is (800) 777-8599.
Thanks,
Kay Biga

Been to Superior Inn? Share your experiences!