“Not a good start--but then OK” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Superior Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Superior Inn
You added Superior Inn to your Saves list
525 Hammond Ave, Superior, WI 54880   |
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Superior
Twin Cities, MN
“Not a good start--but then OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I've given the Superior Inn and "average" rating based on my expectations for an economy motel. I've chosen to stay here to save some travel expenses for my department's budget while on occasional business trips to Duluth. Thus, I am willing to put up with some less-than-ideal conditions (but only up to a point). My assigned room had a strong smoke smell, which I found intolerable. So I asked for another room before I decided to leave. To their credit, the front desk staff were very helpful and courteous and switched me to a different room, which was *much* better. The room and bathroom were clean, the bed was more comfortable than the one in the room during my previous stay a few months ago, there was plenty of hot water, and plenty of towels. Yes, there were stains on the carpet and patched holes in the walls, but I can live with that in an economy motel. I was there during mid-week and was surprised at how busy the place was. I guess it was teacher's convention week, so there must have been a number of families taking mini-vacations at the motel. I was concerned that there would be late night noise or early morning noise, but thankfully it was quiet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I was happy to hear that your most recent experience was an improvement. Please come back and stay with us again. Kay Biga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Saint Charles
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I booked this online and even though other reviews gave me second thoughts, I went ahead with it.

In a few words, it was not for me due to the noisy road and other customers making lots of noise to 4:30 AM.

The property is quite old and it shows. Linens were clean but there is only so much the cleaning staff can do given the age of the furnishings.

I would look elsewhere in Superior before staying there again and there is no way my wife would ever spend 15 minutes there.

• Stayed October 2013
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2014
Thank you for your review. We try to keep our prices very affordable while still have a pool facility and continental breakfast.

I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Best, Kay Biga

Travelers are raving about these Superior hotels

Winnipeg
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

For guys travelling alone it is ok... This motel is a week past its better days. The mattresses are worn out. The carpets are in need of a good cleaning (even vacuming would be an improvement). The bathroom was horrible. The bathtub was fitted with a bathtub liner at sometime ago and not fitted properly so it does not drain. It is stained so that it is not comfortable to use. They had a 44.00 special the night I was there so the price was right. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for Bayfront Blues Festival and it was easy getting over to Duluth quickly. The room was very clean, but the room decor is dated and worn. The rooms still use old locks and keys, but the staff are very friendly and accomodating. We checked in late with no difficulty, and they had hot coffee, fruit and muffins every morning. We have stayed here before and we will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on First Floor to West seem to be newly renovated
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Kay B, Owner at Superior Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2014
Thank you for your nice comments. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Best, Kay Biga
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

We have stayed here many times over the past few years. The staff are friendly and accommodating. The rooms could use a bit of updating but they are always clean. They generally have good internet specials so a night or two stay doesn't cost an arm and leg. Will continue to stay here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

July 17, 2013 Such mixed current reviews, we almost didn't keep our reservation. Halls had stained carpets but room was VERY clean but old décor. Bed comfy. OLD floral bedspread. Air conditioning was great. 3 patched holes at the back of tub...weird but very clean. Pool was great, hot tub WAY TOO HOT. Staff was casual and friendly. Great location for getting back to Duluth. Best burgers we ever had only 3 short blocks...Anchor Inn. Small and locals but awesome, cheap food! Online deal each month so we only paid $54/King. Breakfast was donuts, toast, coffee, juice. No smoke smell anywhere. Will stay again for the great price outside of Duluth! We usually stay in nicer places but this trip we took a $54 chance and was glad we did. If you see online price, ck website for monthly deals and they will lower the price!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SuperiorInn, General Manager at Superior Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for your comments and your patronage. It is always nice to have the positive customer comments along with the areas that you think we need to improve.

I hope you stay with us again.

Michelle Johnson, General Manager
Superior Inn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The motel is old, linens threadbare, sheets popped off the mattress, and hallway dirty. Between barking dogs in the motel, loud people in the hallway, and patrons partying outside until 3 AM we were unable to sleep. Do not waste your money!

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jean,

I would like to thank you for your comments, I have talked with our desk staff about patrolling the hallways and exterior of the building more frequently to solve any noise issues in a timely manner. I also spoke with our linen service this week in regards to your comments. I am sorry you were disappointed with your stay and would like to discuss it with you, please call me at 800-777-8599.

Michelle Johnson, General Manager

Been to Superior Inn? Share your experiences!