“old And Quaint” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Androy Hotel

Androy Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Androy Hotel
You added Androy Hotel to your Saves list
1213 Tower Ave, Superior, WI 54880   |
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Superior
Appleton, Wisconsin
“old And Quaint”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel some years ago and are looking forward to staying her next year.
From the moment we entered you could just feel the history of this 1920's style hotel.
Many of the pampered people of today I am sure wouldn't find this enjoyable or on their list of hotels to stay at but if you like old nostalgic and historic structures that still offer service today than you will love this.

When we were there they served the best wild rice soup in their restaurant that we have ever eaten.

Room Tip: If you are the type of traveler that wants fancy and frills this is NOT for you. But we love it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dear river, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed at the Androy Hotel during the end of July , We arrived in town not knowing it was a event called tall ships , The entire town was booked even surrounding towns were booked. Eventually were guided to the Androy from another hotel, Arrived to find a huge inviting lobby little on the rustic side but overall clean and very acceptable. Checked in with Judy who was very friendly and helpful as to information regarding tall ships as well as local spots to see, We are from Deer river so we have been to the area before but she was able to give us stuff we did not know.
When arriving to our room we found it to be a little dated but very clean and quaint, The hotel also had a lounge bar which was great to enjoy a drink without even leaving the hotel followed by the Restaurant for dinner which we found out was open 24 hrs. The next morning we decided to just eat there again since we enjoyed it so much, This time we just ordered from our room and the nice girl delivered it to the room for us it was great. I now know that when we go to Duluth/Superior we will most definitely be staying at the Androy what we call a diamond in the ruff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
RICE LAKE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

When checking in you need to remind yourself of why you are staying here. It's the price and location! Leave your high expectations of cleanliness, comfort, and amenities in the car. The hotel will be sufficient for a short overnight stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We really needed a place to stay for a last minute baseball tournament. With the tall ships weekend in Duluth every place seemed sold out or the price was over $200 per night and we needed to stay 2 nights. After several days of calling I found a room at the Androy for both nights at a very reasonable price. I read all the reviews on this place and felt comfortable in this choice compared to the Superior Bayfront other team members chose. (they ALL hated that place!!!!!!). Our room was on the third floor and was quite basic. Two beds and a small TV and a small A/C unit as well as a dresser and one night stand. The room was VERY clean though and the beds were also comfortable. The tub could have used an upgrade and the bathroom was small but it wasn't a big deal. The lobby is very old and quaint and is a step back in time. Take a moment and walk up or down the steps leading to the second floor. There is a meeting/banquet room up there and you can almost picture how grand that area was back in the day. The staff were all very nice. No breakfast included but they had a great restaurant on the property that was priced really low for a good size quantity. No ice machines but you can get ice for free at the front desk. I would ABSOLUTELY stay there again!! Good Job.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
North Branch, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is amazing!!!! It's a very very affordable place to stay....the restaurant and bar attached are great!!!! Super friendly staff very clean rooms.... They are small but that's the way it is. The hotel is very old it's like stepping back in time, which I find to be amazing! There are a ton of bars located right in the same block! I don't think I've ever had sooo much fun at a hotel! The restaurant in the hotel is great very very affordable, speedy service and agin friendly people!! When's the last time you can say you paid under$10 for a wonderful breakfast. The attached lounge was also a great place to end the day with your favorite cocktail. Who knows you might even make a new friend or two as I did!!!! All I can really say is if your expecting the ramada you better not stay here but if you like old awesome places give them a try!!! I know I will be staying again in the near future! Thanks androy for making my stay so great!

Room Tip: It is the tallest building in superior wi so I would try and get a room on the 7th floor, you can se...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was in Duluth for business and my corporate travel agent couldn't get me a room. It was in the summer and I know NOW that's not a great time to go because it's when tourists go.

I flew to Minneapolis, got into my rental car, and drove up there and spent 3 hours being told "no rooms, come back Sunday!"
Then I walked into the Androy. I could hear the attached bar, but it wasn't obnoxious.
I explained that I needed a room for the next week and a half, and the clerk was floored! She was so friendly and gave me a really good rate for a larger than average room. It had two beds, and I could tell that it had been smoking at one point, but wasn't anymore. It didn't bother me, however.
The rooms were not what I usually go for, but this time it just seemed kind of like the way it was many years ago. The beds were a little on the firm side for me, but this sweet girl at the desk brought me 4 of their oldstyle comforters and I folded them up and slept on those.
Honestly I would have probably bought an air mattress if we hadn't come up with that solution but I was saving a lot of money.

I also really enjoyed the restaurant on site. It reminds of places we ate in rural towns when I was a little kid. And was always absolutely delicious! I never had anything I didn't like and I had to try REALLY hard to spend $10!

I'm used to being pampered more, but this was a very nice change for once! If I ever do go back I'd for sure, if not with my kids, to eat!
There were some road work issues but I easily found a way to take sidestreets to downtown Duluth where my trainings were being held.

Room Tip: Mine was to the left as you left the elevator I can't remember which floor. It was quiet but so...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I understood this to be a low budget place, and I was expecting "no frills"... I was NOT expecting filth. The lobby has a quaint "Little House on the Prairie" feel to it, but rest assured, the rustic charm ends there. Upstairs in my room I found sticky carpets, poorly-functioning swamp coolers, crusty ceiling tiles, and mold in the bathtub. Not to mention the fact that the "amenities" pretty much end with toilet paper. The front desk help was extremely friendly, but that still didn't make up for the state of the rooms. As much as I wanted to love this place I won't stay here again. I left feeling dirty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Androy Hotel? Share your experiences!