“Androy hotel rocks!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Androy Hotel

Androy Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Androy Hotel
Save Saved
You added Androy Hotel to your Saves list
1213 Tower Ave, Superior, WI 54880   |
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Superior
North Branch, Minnesota, United States
“Androy hotel rocks!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

This hotel is amazing!!!! It's a very very affordable place to stay....the restaurant and bar attached are great!!!! Super friendly staff very clean rooms.... They are small but that's the way it is. The hotel is very old it's like stepping back in time, which I find to be amazing! There are a ton of bars located right in the same block! I don't think I've ever had sooo much fun at a hotel! The restaurant in the hotel is great very very affordable, speedy service and agin friendly people!! When's the last time you can say you paid under$10 for a wonderful breakfast. The attached lounge was also a great place to end the day with your favorite cocktail. Who knows you might even make a new friend or two as I did!!!! All I can really say is if your expecting the ramada you better not stay here but if you like old awesome places give them a try!!! I know I will be staying again in the near future! Thanks androy for making my stay so great!

Room Tip: It is the tallest building in superior wi so I would try and get a room on the 7th floor, you can se...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Anacortes, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was in Duluth for business and my corporate travel agent couldn't get me a room. It was in the summer and I know NOW that's not a great time to go because it's when tourists go.

I flew to Minneapolis, got into my rental car, and drove up there and spent 3 hours being told "no rooms, come back Sunday!"
Then I walked into the Androy. I could hear the attached bar, but it wasn't obnoxious.
I explained that I needed a room for the next week and a half, and the clerk was floored! She was so friendly and gave me a really good rate for a larger than average room. It had two beds, and I could tell that it had been smoking at one point, but wasn't anymore. It didn't bother me, however.
The rooms were not what I usually go for, but this time it just seemed kind of like the way it was many years ago. The beds were a little on the firm side for me, but this sweet girl at the desk brought me 4 of their oldstyle comforters and I folded them up and slept on those.
Honestly I would have probably bought an air mattress if we hadn't come up with that solution but I was saving a lot of money.

I also really enjoyed the restaurant on site. It reminds of places we ate in rural towns when I was a little kid. And was always absolutely delicious! I never had anything I didn't like and I had to try REALLY hard to spend $10!

I'm used to being pampered more, but this was a very nice change for once! If I ever do go back I'd for sure, if not with my kids, to eat!
There were some road work issues but I easily found a way to take sidestreets to downtown Duluth where my trainings were being held.

Room Tip: Mine was to the left as you left the elevator I can't remember which floor. It was quiet but so...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I understood this to be a low budget place, and I was expecting "no frills"... I was NOT expecting filth. The lobby has a quaint "Little House on the Prairie" feel to it, but rest assured, the rustic charm ends there. Upstairs in my room I found sticky carpets, poorly-functioning swamp coolers, crusty ceiling tiles, and mold in the bathtub. Not to mention the fact that the "amenities" pretty much end with toilet paper. The front desk help was extremely friendly, but that still didn't make up for the state of the rooms. As much as I wanted to love this place I won't stay here again. I left feeling dirty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Burr Ridge, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel should not be allowed to rent rooms. It advertizes that it is smoke free, but they "grandfather" the renters in so they can smoke. Rooms were ok, but everything is old and all the bathroom fixtures need to be replaced.

On a good note, the front desk staff was very nice in giving me my money back so I could go to another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I called for a reservation and the person who answered was RUDE! I was spelling my name/email addy using..B as in boy etc. He told me to STOP TALKING LIKE THAT and just spell it. I did, he got it wrong AGAIN. I tried to correct him he yelled at me saying THAT"S WHAT I SAID. Which he had wrong again. If THIS is the first thing you get before you even stay there, there is NO WAY I would walk into your door. Customer Service classes are needed in this establishment!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice before when in Superior for the night to go out with friends, while it is older and no frills, it is clean, located in the center of the downtown bars/nightlife and with rates at $55 you can't beat it! It is a older property, but I think that is part of the unique charm. . It is certainly a no frills hotel, but rooms are clean and offer radio alarm clock, tv, 2 queen beds and all no smoking rooms. There is also a bar on site and 24 hour cafe style restaurant that has good basic homestyle, breakfast, lunch and dinner all for a cheap price.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are probably the same, as this hotel is more of a historic unchanged landmark hote...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Two Harbors, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Located on a busy street In Superior....MANY bars within walking distance and mom and pop breakfast restaurant downstairs. Hotel is OLD but clean.... when can you get a room for $40 these days including tax? If you do not plan on doing anything but sleeping in your room anyways....this is perfect. Clean and quiet. Barsoap in room but no shampoo.... You can tell hotel is old....but staff was so friendly and helpful. I will use this hotel again when in the area. $100 less than some other hotels in Superior and it was quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Androy Hotel? Share your experiences!