“I wanted to love it but couldn't” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Androy Hotel

Androy Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Superior
Androy Hotel
1213 Tower Ave, Superior, WI 54880   |
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Superior
Minneapolis
“I wanted to love it but couldn't”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I understood this to be a low budget place, and I was expecting "no frills"... I was NOT expecting filth. The lobby has a quaint "Little House on the Prairie" feel to it, but rest assured, the rustic charm ends there. Upstairs in my room I found sticky carpets, poorly-functioning swamp coolers, crusty ceiling tiles, and mold in the bathtub. Not to mention the fact that the "amenities" pretty much end with toilet paper. The front desk help was extremely friendly, but that still didn't make up for the state of the rooms. As much as I wanted to love this place I won't stay here again. I left feeling dirty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Burr Ridge, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This hotel should not be allowed to rent rooms. It advertizes that it is smoke free, but they "grandfather" the renters in so they can smoke. Rooms were ok, but everything is old and all the bathroom fixtures need to be replaced.

On a good note, the front desk staff was very nice in giving me my money back so I could go to another hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Grantsburg, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

I called for a reservation and the person who answered was RUDE! I was spelling my name/email addy using..B as in boy etc. He told me to STOP TALKING LIKE THAT and just spell it. I did, he got it wrong AGAIN. I tried to correct him he yelled at me saying THAT"S WHAT I SAID. Which he had wrong again. If THIS is the first thing you get before you even stay there, there is NO WAY I would walk into your door. Customer Service classes are needed in this establishment!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice before when in Superior for the night to go out with friends, while it is older and no frills, it is clean, located in the center of the downtown bars/nightlife and with rates at $55 you can't beat it! It is a older property, but I think that is part of the unique charm. . It is certainly a no frills hotel, but rooms are clean and offer radio alarm clock, tv, 2 queen beds and all no smoking rooms. There is also a bar on site and 24 hour cafe style restaurant that has good basic homestyle, breakfast, lunch and dinner all for a cheap price.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are probably the same, as this hotel is more of a historic unchanged landmark hote...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Two Harbors, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Located on a busy street In Superior....MANY bars within walking distance and mom and pop breakfast restaurant downstairs. Hotel is OLD but clean.... when can you get a room for $40 these days including tax? If you do not plan on doing anything but sleeping in your room anyways....this is perfect. Clean and quiet. Barsoap in room but no shampoo.... You can tell hotel is old....but staff was so friendly and helpful. I will use this hotel again when in the area. $100 less than some other hotels in Superior and it was quiet.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Lake Havasu City, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

This is an old historiec hotel. Still has mail drops between the floors, a bar, and cafeteria. It is OLD. Everything about it is old and could use renovation. Rooms are either small or big, usually no ac, and sometimes the steam radiators do not work that well. But, you are right downtown and can walk alot of places if you like bars and joints. There are strips joints all around. It is not a kid friendly hotel unless you are going out of the area. Not always the cleanest, but enjoy the atmosphere a lot.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

It's true: You either love it, or you hate it. I love it! It's clean, it has all you need: a bed, a bathroom, a secure room. It even has cable. If you are looking for simple, basic, clean accomodations, the Androy is it. $39.00 single occupancy. Honestly, I stayed at a $160 a night property the week before and was scared to take my shoes off...The Androy was cleaner! Seriously! Sure, outdated decor, no pillowtop mattress, no shampoos, but CLEAN. AFFORDABLE. SAFE. Staff is friendly, courteous, helpful. Great place for the budget conscience. Free WiFi in the lobby, free parking in the lot out back. As for me, the money I saved staying at the Androy, I spent at the Mall! ;)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo

Been to Androy Hotel? Share your experiences!