“We were lucky.....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Superior Bayfront Inn

Save Saved
You added Superior Bayfront Inn to your Saves list
Superior Bayfront Inn
110 Harborview Parkway, 110 E. Second Street, Superior, WI 54800 (Formerly Days Inn Superior Bayfront)   |
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Superior
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“We were lucky.....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

I didn't book this hotel. Someone else we were travelling with did. Weeds growing on outside of hotel. Very bad curb appeal. Gentleman at front desk was pleasant enough. Hallways are scary looking and need a major renovation. This hotel is so rundown that it needs a ton of money and work. It has good bones but a MAJOR renovation. I wouldn't let my kids swim in the pool. We stayed in room 157 and it was clean and didn't smell. We got very lucky.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Waukesha, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Up in Superior for family reunion and, with most hotels in Duluth/Superior booked for the weekend, we were able to get a room here. Despite reading the mostly average to poor reviews, we kept our fingers crossed that it wouldn't be like the reviews said. Unfortunately, most of what others have said was true. Its mostly about the smells here, with the hallways and then the room, smelling of "covered up" cigarette smoke. Our room had an awful odor of the same smell masked with cheap air freshener, to the point my throat began to hurt. The windows aren't able to be opened for any type of fresh air, and the air conditioner/fan just stirs it around. The wifi was out most of last evening and the excuse given by the staff was "we don't have the bandwidth to accomodate the hotel when its this full" We did complain to the front desk, the young gentleman there was very nice and said he'd look into it, but unfortunately he could do nothing about the smell, which was more of a priority compared to no wifi. Our room was with a king size bed, it was comfortable and the room itself was large, but the smell in the room definitely overshadowed any positive feedback.

Mankato, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel was disgusting! It started the moment we walked into the room. It smelled terrible. We originally thought it was because the air conditioning wasn't on. That did not help at all. Mother room was not just damp, it was wet! The carpet was so gross and wet we wouldn't walk on it without shoes. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling. It was very noisy and there were no phones in the room to call the front desk. Breakfast was ok, but based on the lack of cleanliness in the room, I was afraid to eat it! I would rate this less than 1star if I could!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

The hotel was roomy and clean. It is not fancy but it is good value. We had a small refrigerator and microwave in our room. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The highway was close to travel to Duluth and Perkins is right across the street. Would return and recommend.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

If I could rate lower then a 1 I would. First off our room smelt terrible. Did not have a fridge. Then after checking over the room I noticed little splatters of dark red substance. Which appeared to be blood. After wiping a damp tissue over it , I realized in fact it was blood. I brought the tissue to the counter and they did however switch me to a new room. Well our new room was not much better. Hair on the toilet seat. Beds weren't properly made. Oh and did I forget to mention the big spot of mold on the hallway wall and water damage to the ceiling! I could go on more but I'll just say this place should be shut down for how disgusting they keep it.

• Stayed July 2014
Moorhead, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

older hotel in an industrial area. Phones were not working with signs at the front desk saying they could not get parts for the phones anymore. room itself was fine. the unit I was in was handicap accessible . I guess it would work well for someone in a wheel chair.

Breakfast was your usual continental breakfast. The parking lot could have better lighting.

basically a budget hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ironwood, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Just stayed at this hotel for a hockey tourney. Our room smelled of old cigarette smoke. The heating/cooling unit didn't work. Didn't have any hot water. Beds were uncomfortable and old. We had a double room and and they gave us ONE, yes 1,towel.
The front desk clerk was not very nice at all... Well, actually she was very rude to the hockey players (10 year olds) and to the mom's, but she was nice as
could be to all the dads.
This room may have been fairly cheap, but still still not worth the money. We travel alot due to hockey and this was the first and only time we will
stay at this hotel. If it came down to it I would sleep in my car before booking at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Superior Bayfront Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Superior Bayfront Inn

Address: 110 Harborview Parkway, 110 E. Second Street, Superior, WI 54800 (Formerly Days Inn Superior Bayfront)
Location: United States > Wisconsin > Superior
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Superior
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Superior Bayfront Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Superior Bayfront Hotel Superior
Days Inn Superior
Superior Days Inn

If you own or manage Superior Bayfront Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.