“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)

You added Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   13339 Hospitality Court, Sturtevant, WI 53177   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Sturtevant
Cleveland
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2007

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Racine in September 2007. The staff was very professional and polite. We were checked in and out very quickly. Our stay was perfect. The rooms were modern and clean. Internet access was easy and worked as it should. The continental breakfast was delicious and well taken care of. Overall, we were very pleased with our 2 day stay. We would certainly stay here again!

• Liked — It is newer/modern, well run, clean.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2007

The hotel was right off the interstate. Literally seconds away. Near many restaurants, but you can also zip down Hwy 20 into Racine for more choices.

We stayed 7/6/07, and the lady working the desk was very pleasant and and helpful. She was also there the next morning, and we saw her happily moving cots another time. Great hotel employees are hard to find, so they should be glad they've got her.

The pool and jacuzzi were average. Clean, functioning, nice enough.

The room was clean and comfortable, and we liked the pillows.

The only issue, if you can call it that is that there was a slight musty odor somewhere near the door when we first arrived, but it went away about 20 seconds after we turned on the air conditioner. The mystery smell, quickly dispatched, did not return that day or the next.

Overall, a fine and affordable place to stay a night or two if you are passing through or if you have business nearby.

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2007

First, be careful when booking through hotels.com. We canceled a reservation through them well in advance and they still deducted the hotel rate from our account. When we called hotels.com they said they
had sent the authorization to our financial institution to reverse the deduction & we now have to call them to find out when it will be reversed. Ridiculous!

Now, onto the hotel. Good for the price but it provides minimal comforts. The bed was rock hard. We had aches & pains every morning we woke. The water pressure on the 3rd floor does not exist so don't expect a shower to help you wake in the morning. The room was a bit musty smelling. On another note, the staff was pleasant and friendly but in the end, I would stay at another hotel in the area. Lots to choose from especially in Kenosha. If you can drive the short trip to Racine, go to a restaurant called the Yellow Rose on Main Street near the harbor. You might wait a bit for a table but it's well worth
it. Reasonable prices and sophisticated servers. Happy travels to you!

• Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2006

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Racine in Sturtevant, WI twice, once on a getaway weekend with my wife, and most recently alone on business. I highly recommend it as a clean, inexpensive place to stay between Milwaukee and Chicago. I paid $87 for a king booked on the Holiday Inn website.

Access to the hotel is easy off of exit 333 from I-94. There is no signage on the "official" lodging signs. You do have to look a bit for the Holiday Inn Express sign. Just turn towards Racine off the ramp and go right at the light. The immediate area has several fast-food options including Culver's, always a particular treat for this out-of-towner. It is an easy drive to Milwaukee, where, of course, you can find all types of food choices. General Mitchell Airport is very convenient, a 20 minute drive north on 94.

The desk staff was nice although they did not recognize my platinum status as they are supposed to. They did offer me complimentary bottled water and microwave popcorn.

Both times, my rooms were quite clean. I did notice that the hallways smelled of stale cigarette smoke a bit this time around. The bed was comfortable and featured the new Holiday Inn Express bedding. My king rooms both featured a large refrigerator with separate freezer (perfect for the ice packs I carried to keep my haul of cheese cool during my day of meetings and flight home) and microwave. Web access is wireless and slow as molasses.

The breakfast bar offered the typical Holiday Inn Express fare.

This property will remain my choice when I need to include both Milwaukee and Chicagoland in the same trip. It's a much slower paced area than those closer to Chicago, and I find that more relaxing.

• Liked — Cleanliness, convenience to highway
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2004

We stayed at this hotel in June 2004. Clean nice rooms and very warm nice pool. Breakfast was also good. We would recommend and stay there again.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Holiday Inn Express Racine (I-94 @ Exit 333)? Share your experiences!