We had a king bed room that was basic, but clean and comfortable. The price was very reasonable for the area. There was free continental breakfast which was, again, basic but the children there seemed to really enjoy it. The value of this place is in the location. It sits in a beautiful spot on the bay, just down the road from Potawatomi state park. Some of the rooms have doors that open out to a courtyard with picnic benches, which is nice if you have kids and dogs. They have a sand volleyball court, a sand bar and patio areas with no shortage of chairs. You can rent boats but they have little rafts that are free to use. Cyclists can rent bikes at the state park.
There is a bar and restaurant on the premises with quite a bit of local traffic. I saw fishermen sail up to the dock to go there. The food is pretty good and we didn't experience the service issues some people have reported.The restaurant features a fish boil on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday that's worth the trip by itself. The bar has live bands and gets a little noisy on weekend nights. The crowd can also make finding a parking space a little challenging.
If you're looking for a romantic getaway, by all means go elsewhere. If you have an active lifestyle and like kids and dogs you'll get great value for dollar. Use the money you save on the room to rent a jet ski!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reasonable rates, very nice rooms. Beach Harbor Resort is about FUN! This family-owned motel is just 2 miles to downtown and right on the water in Sturgeon Bay. All rooms are clean, comfortable, and equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and wireless internet. Enjoy resort's picnic areas, sand beach, nightly bonfires, walks into the adjoining State park and more! Fishing has been great off the docks or the front desk can set you up with a fishing charter guaranteed to catch fish any time of year. Door County Boat Rentals is located on the property for fun on the water. Also enjoy Waterfront Mary's bar & grill located at Beach Harbor with their outside tiki bar and great food! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Beach Harbor Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Harbor Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Beach Harbor Resort Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County