We spent April 20-April 22, 2013 at this beautiful resort in Door County. We stayed in suite 301, which is a one bedroom deluxe unit facing as close to the water line as possible. The room was decorated with lighthouses and seagulls and shells. The king bed was very comfortable and the gas fireplace was wonderful, as the weather was still very chilly. The resort states that suites have 2 person jacuzzis, but we found that the jacuzzi was really more comfortable for one. The suite was clean, had a complete well-stocked kitchen, a private balcony, and was perfect for a weekend getaway. One note...this suite is at the very end of the resort, so there was quite a walk from the elevator to the room. However, it was worth the walk to have the privacy and view.
The indoor pool was immaculately clean and the whirlpool by the pool had the most powerful jets we've ever enjoyed. Hubby & I both struggle with back and joint pain. The whirlpool felt like a person was massaging our aching joints...ha.
The staff was helpful and friendly. They offered directions to area restaurants and activities, as well as suggestions and big smiles. The lounge area provides free 24 hour coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, as well as also having a flat screen TV and gas fireplace to sit and enjoy the beverage. The resort has free wi-fi, as well.
Bottom line, we would return again without hesitation. We booked off-season so the rates were lower than peak season, which was a big plus for us. If you are looking for a place that is well maintained, has a great view, and a friendly staff, Westwood Shores is that place. Although there isn't a restaurant on-site, the full kitchen worked super for us and the drive to an area restaurant is not that far away.
Thanks Westwood Shores!
Jean & Bob
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort is located less than five miles north of the heart of Wisconsin's Sturgeon Bay on scenic Bay Shore Drive. All of our 38 suites have a breathtaking view making it a favorite vacation spot of guests coming to enjoy the splendor of Door County. Westwood Shores has a wide variety of year 'round activities including: heated indoor and outdoor swimming pools, shore-front picnic areas, complimentary paddle boats (in season), wireless high speed wireless and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Westwood Shores Waterfront Resort Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County