“Very nice hotel and trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bridgeport Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bridgeport Resort
50 W Larch, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235   |
Ranked #1 of 17 hotels in Sturgeon Bay
cameron
“Very nice hotel and trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed at Bridgeport and drove up the Green Bay side of Door Cty one day and went up the Lake Michigan side the next day. The last day we checked out Sturgeon Bay so the location is just great. The staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is clean and located in a great spot with a wonderful view. It is clean and well kept grounds.

Room Tip: We were in room 122 which had a balcony overlooking the garden and the water.. Right across from the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

294 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed here on June 28th and 29th. Check in was quick and they let us get into our room early.

Our room was clean and nice, but having the bathroom sink area right across from the bed was a bit odd and the shower was so small that I had trouble trying to shave my legs. I believe it is only this way in the type of room we had. The bigger suites are different.

We used the outdoor pool and sat outside in the patio outside of the juice/coffee area.

We had a nice stay and this resort is very quiet at night which was greatly appreciated.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Good Morning Vickier...

Thank you for writing a review of Bridgeport Resort. Your description tells me that you most likely stayed in a one bedroom Falcon during your recent stay! If you would like to step up in size on your next trip, consider giving the Badger or the Challenger a try!

I am glad to hear you had a peaceful night!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is my first trip advisor review. I decided to write a review on The Bridgeport because I really poured over the reviews when I was trying to make a decision about where to stay with 3 little kids in Door County. I am very pleased we went with The Bridgeport. I am pretty picky and safety and cleanliness are really important to me and I thought this hotel was perfect for us.

The hotel is right on the bay and if you get a water view, which we did, you will have great views of the sunset. This is a nice clean place, but by no means fancy, the staff is friendly and helpful and the entire property is comfortable. We stayed in a two bedroom. First off, as one reviewer remarked the hallways are dark, but I think it just to keep things subdued in the hallways. The unit was very clean and very cozy. There was a full kitchen a master bedroom with a whirlpool tub and then a shower in an adjacent room, there was a king bed in the master and it had it's own little balcony. There was a air-conditioning unit in the master, but not in the second bedroom, which can definitely get a bit stuffy. More on that in a minute. The thing I liked about the master was it was pretty well insulated relative to sound. We would put the baby to bed in a pack and play before the two older ones and she would settle and sleep through another hour or so of family antics immediately outside the room. The rooms both darken very well. Now, the second bedroom had a queen bed and a bathroom with two doors, one to the living room and one to the bedroom. As I mentioned, the second bedroom did not have it's own air conditioning unit which could be an issue. The room did have a sliding glass door to a balcony shared with the living room, but there were not any more windows. We stayed in early July, and it was a series of cool nights, so we would keep the screen door open for a breeze until we went to bed. Then we would lock the sliding glass door and open the bedroom door to promote more circulation. There is also a ceiling fan which helps. This all worked out fine and really was not an issue for us at all. We were able to cook meals which is super convenient. There is a park and a beach just a 5-10 minute walk along the bay. We did not use the beach but the park was lovely, clean and safe. Both the outdoor and the indoor pools were wonderful. A little dated, but clean and well functioning. My kids loved the slide and splash area inside as well as the pools. There were barely any people swimming. I would definitely recommend this to friends and I would definitely go back. I hope this is helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear "3kidsisalot"...

Thank you for your well thought out review of Bridgeport Resort. Trip Advisor is a great way for guests to communicate their experience with people searching for a place to stay. We appreciate the time that you have taken to describe your stay at Bridgeport Resort.

"I am very pleased we went with The Bridgeport." We are also pleased you chose to give us a try! The Staff and Management of Bridgeport Resort look forward to your next stay in Door County!

Appleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We enjoy staying at Bridgeport and keep coming back. The water views are wonderful, the rooms are so comfortable and the price can't be beat. We stayed here one time a few years ago and now keep coming back as often as we can. Thanks Bridgeport staff for all you do to make it so nice.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you JLG700...

"Thanks Bridgeport staff for all you do to make it so nice." And Thank You! Your ongoing patronage is appreciated!

We look forward to seeing you again... as often as you are able!
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had low expectations for our accommodations in Door County. All if the properties looked dated and just mediocre. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at our room. Albeit not super updated, the room was spacious (2 bedrooms 2 bath plus common living space). The pool was nice, both indoor and outdoor. And the location was spot on.

My only complaint is that the carpets could use some heavy scrubbing. I was with 3 kids and my mom and although I understand the floors will get dirty from people walking with shoes on, it seemed a bit too dirty. My mom and kids had socks on that got black within a short time of walking around the room. I chose to keep my shoes on, which I hate doing.

There is a door in the parlor area near the lobby that backs up to the bay. If you walk about a block down to the left, there is a small (really small) beach.

If we ever went back to DC, I would probably stay at Bridgeport again. I would also recommend it to anyone else going.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hello Yeonmi...

The Bridgeport Resort Staff and Management appreciate your time spent writing a review of your stay. It is good to hear that you were "pleasantly surprised", the location was "spot on" and you would "recommend it to anyone else going."

Please contact Guest Services during your future stays if you ever have concerns about your accommodations. The staff would be pleased to assist you.

Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for 3 days, ending June 29, 2014, and found the facility and staff excellent. Our rooms were a 2 bedroom suite, and was perfect for the 4 adult, 2 children group. Location was well suited for casual "walk arounds" to the near-by museum, boat rentals and charming downtown. Took a side "road trip" up the Bay side (Rt 42) and down the lake side, stopping by Egg Harbor, Fish Creek and several other charming towns and wineries. (Most wineries have continuous tastings...check them out.) A short walk down Dune Caves State park (Lake side) was worth the time.

Room Tip: Ask ahead of time if you want a view of the Bay.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Good Morning Terry...

Thank you for writing a review of your stay at Bridgeport Resort! It is great to know you "found the facility and staff excellent."! Please let us know if there is ever anything we can do to enhance your visit.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

They did everything possible to make our stay memorable. We originally booked Sunday through Wednesday but found we could make Saturday as well. Although they were booked they put us on a wait list and called us two days later with a room. It was a different type so we had to move Sunday but they moved everything while we were enjoying lunch with friends. They even called me when it was ready. The resort was ideally located for us, the room was great, and the staff excellent. Highly recommended!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you Steve...

I am elated that you were able to visit Bridgeport Resort and Door County! It is great to hear that your room change went smoothly. The Bridgeport Staff and Ownership look forward to your future visits!

Be Well...
Dave

Been to Bridgeport Resort? Share your experiences!