Yes, I so wanted to give this this place five stars, but I could not. Not after I took the spare comforter out of the closet to find a large bodily fluid stain on it. Or after our room was neglected by housekeeping until I asked if it was normal not to be cleaned and fresh towels distributed every day. And, not after the showerhead spewed more water out of the shower than in when turned on.
Yes, the view of the bay from our room was spectacular. The whirlpool and kitchenette were great features. The fireplace made the room warm and cozy at night. Even the couch and ottoman were comfortable.
I so wanted to give this place five stars, but housekeeping is everything. And lack of attention by housekeeping causes the Bridgeport to not be everything it could be.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgeport Hotel
- Bridgeport Hotel Sturgeon Bay
- Bridgeport Resort Sturgeon Bay
- Bridgeport Resort Sturgeon Bay, WI - Door County
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bridgeport Waterfront Resort is located in the center of historic Sturgeon Bay with exceptional access to all of Door County, Wisconsin’s quaint shops, award winning restaurants, scenic parks and wide variety of attractions. Bridgeport offers spacious one, two and three bedroom suites – with each guestroom featuring a whirlpool, a fireplace and a complete kitchen……the lodging experience at the Bridgeport Waterfront Resort is complimented by an array of on-site recreational amenities including indoor/outdoor heated swimming pools (with a indoor splash park and play ground designed for the youngsters), a whirlpool, a sauna, a fitness center and complimentary high speed wireless internet. ... more less