“Terrific place for a family” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bridgeport Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bridgeport Resort
You added Bridgeport Resort to your Saves list
50 W Larch, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Chicago, IL
“Terrific place for a family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Our family stayed at the Bridgeport for a weekend getaway. The Bridgeport was very clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a hot and cold drinks section in the lobby that was great.

My only complaint is that they only have bedrooms with one bed, they do not have any rooms that have two double beds, so everyone had to share a bed. We had two bedrooms, but only two beds, so with four people, we all had to share, which was a bit uncomfortable since my elderly aunt was with us. I ended up on the fold out couch instead.

We had a "partial water view" room, which ended up being a view of some bull dozers.

You can walk to some shops and restaurants, which is very nice. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: It you want a view of Lake Michigan, you do need to pay extra for the water view rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Had a great time here for a fall getaway before the chaos of the holiday season was to ensue. The resort could not have been a better location. It was so centrally located and gave us just enough country without feeling like if you had to run to the store it would take you 30 minutes. We did consider going further north up Door country but we were glad we decided to stay in Sturgeon Bay. Our room was a Spartan Suite and had a balcony which was big enough for relaxing in a chair with a glass of wine. Staff was nice but did not have a whole lot of communication with them. Only thing I did not like about our experience was a fire alarm situation. The first night we arrived we were woken up at 2 in the morning to the fire alarm going off. We are all outside the hotel until about 2:30. I thought it was better to be safe than sorry until I heard a fellow guest saying that the same thing happened the night before. I learned that there were a few local kids that were sneaking in to the hotel and were pulling the alarm and running off the property. Let me tell you the alarm went off again the following night. I was getting a little irritated yet decided to sleep through it. The alarm shut off in minutes after starting to sound so the police must have been there waiting for the delinquents pull the alarm again. I would stay here again a heartbeat. Had a nice little downtown section too for walking around. Can't wait for the Fall color season to start up and go again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the bay and on a higher floor for privacy.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
GeneralManagerBp, General Manager at Bridgeport Resort, responded to this review, October 17, 2011
The experience stated in this review happened over 1 year ago. Immediately following these incidents we took a proactive approach and added more security cameras on all of our extrances/exists. We have not experienced anymore problems related to the fire alarms being activated by pranksters.

Management
Ingleside, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2011

We stayed at the Bridgeport Sept 16-19. It is by far the best hotel in Door county. The location is perfect for walking to town, museums and restaurants. Our room was located on the third floor and having a odd number room were able to have a view from our patio of the canal. This hotel is on our list to repeat.

Room Tip: Select the odd number rooms on the 3rd floor for the best view.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We loved our stay at Bridgeport! We stayed for 4 nights for our honeymoon and had an awesome time! I didn't even want to leave the suite, it was so cozy and beautiful! We will definitely be coming back every year. It was our first stay in Door County (it was always just day trips before or fishing trips) and we loved it! Everyone is so wonderful at the hotel, nice and welcoming! I will highly recommend Bridgeport to anyone!
The Tisch's, Green Bay, WI

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

This was our first trip to Door County and we were very pleased with our choice to stay at the Bridgeport. With three children ages 6, 5 and 2, we needed a place where we weren't frowned upon to run around a little bit and act like a family having fun on vacation! The kids loved the pool areas and even though the video area and ball pit were a bit lacking, the kids didn't realize it! The in-hotel video library was very useful as was being able to see the ever-kid-enchanting drawbridge! We walked over to take a waterboat tour and to get a couple of meals in town; being able to walk from the resort was a real benefit. The staff was very helpful and friendly and having the kitchen in the room was SUPERB! We had a couple of issues with housekeeping but they quickly made it right. If it was a romantic getaway for two, my husband and I probably would have preferred one of the more 'sophisticated' Door Cnty towns (Sister Bay, Egg Harbor, etc.) but as a family looking for a great 'home base' for a week's vacation, the Bridgeport was perfect!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

The outside appearance of the hotel is very appealing, but I was disappointed with the suite (the Falcon). Needless to say, after experiencing the outside of the hotel, I was displeased with the inside because the furniture (i.e. tables, chairs, beds, sofa) was old and worn. I also had to clean the tables, appliances, and remote control because it was covered with dust. The sofa had an odor so I had to spray it with disinfectant. In terms of the rates, for $90 a night it was okay; however, the room is rated as high as $159 a night which is unacceptable (in my opinion). I mailed in my comment card and received a letter that stated, "We hope you enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you stay with us again. We received your completed comment card and greatly appreciate your comments". There was no apology for my inconvenience so I don't think they actually read my comments.

Room Tip: I'm not sure which rooms would be the best. I've only stayed once and can only comment on my...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Monticello, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed at Bridgeport Resort on our first trip to Door County this fall. We had to travel up there for a friend's wedding and we are so glad we made the trip! Bridgeport was easily the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at. Upon arrival the very nice front desk attendant upgraded us from a 1 bedroom suite to a 2 bedroom suite and gave our daughter a little fun pack (DC Coloring book, crayons, cute hat, sunglasses and card game) and made us feel completely welcomed.

Our room was huge! It was seriously bigger than our first two apartments. Pleanty of room to setup the travel crib in the 2nd bedroom. The room was clean and well stocked with everything we needed. It felt like we were staying at a friend's house, not a hotel.

We never used the pool area, but it looked like fun! The Cappachino machine in the lobby and the free milk for our daughter was a big perk. Honestly our favorite part was the location. We were walking distance to some of the highest rated restaurants in Sturgeon Bay and took full advantage of that! The walkway next to the bay behind the hotel was lovely. Our daughter loved running around back there and looking at the geese.

Can't wait to come back and explore more of Door County and stay at Bridgeport again!

Room Tip: Book early and arrive right around check in time!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Bridgeport Resort? Share your experiences!