“Beautiful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bay Shore Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Sturgeon Bay
Bay Shore Inn
You added Bay Shore Inn to your Saves list
4205 Bay Shore Drive, Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Sturgeon Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ishpeming, Michigan, United States
“Beautiful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Initially I was disappointed that I was unable to find lodging in Egg Harbor however when I pulled into the Bay Shore Inn, I was immediately wowed by the beauty of it. The grounds are well cared for and it is so inviting. Our suite, # 305 was in the north building and was clean and comfortable. I didn't want to leave the room and the view, amazing. The bed was comfortable. I simply can't say enough good things about the resort. Friendly and helpful staff. We traveled north to the little towns as far as Sister Bay and am even more thankful that I chose to stay in Sturgeon Bay. As other reviewers have noted there are more stores and a Walmart, Target and large grocery store. Sad to leave and will be back to Bay Shore Inn again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Lagrange Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I searched the Door Cty visitor guide for a place to stay in Sturgeon Bay and found The Bay Shore Inn. It was a great choice! We had room 312. The room was beautiful and had a view of the bay.
The grounds are well kept, & there is a small beach which we enjoyed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Only one small problem the indoor pool is in the north bldg. and we were in the south bldg. The next time we will ask for a room in the north bldg. We wished that we could stay another week, we didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the bay. The end rooms look over the bay and are the largest.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andover
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My sister and I stayed here during the weekend of the Door County Century. It was conveniently located on the bike route. The grounds are beautiful and quiet. We enjoyed both pools and the hot tub. We did not have time to take a boat on the lake. We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo with a view of the lake. The deck was a good size and we had a gate off the deck so we could easily load and unload our cars. Each room had its own air conditioning unit which was nice but I found the one in my bedroom to be very noisy. My bed was way too soft and I found the mattress lumpy. My sister also found her bed to be too soft and lumpy but she did not think the air conditioning was too loud. Given the uncomfortable bed and loud air conditioning I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
bayshoredoorcounty, Manager at Bay Shore Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us but sorry you did not like our mattresses. If we can correct an issue for a guest we would and we do listen to all comments so thank you for your honesty, we do appreciate it. I don't want to sound defensive but honestly we get so many compliments on our brand new Beautyrest World Class Euro top mattresses that we keep handouts at our front desk because so many guests love these soft foam top mattresses and want the details on where to buy one for themselves. So while we aim to please everyone, not everyone likes the same type mattresses. We also have replaced almost all our A/C units in every suite hoping the new models were quieter, I will look into whether the A/C units in your suites have been replaced. We pride ourselves on making sure your vacation at The Bay Shore Inn is quiet and relaxing.
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went to the Bay Shore Inn for our anniversary after reading several reviews on tripadvisor. It is a great place to stay! We stayed in a room closest to the parking lot and at first I was afraid we wouldn't have a good water view but the view was still great. I honestly wish I could live in that room! Huge windows in the living room part, a great kitchen fully equipped with everything you need, a spacious bed room with a huge bed, AND a whirlpool tub?! Can I stay forever?? It was also very quiet. There was hardly anyone around! We had the pool all to ourselves! So great. Wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013
Kent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I actually jumped up and down when we arrived in our suite. We splurged and had a second floor double room on the corner with bay view. Oh my word I've never stayed anywhere like it. There were only 3 of us and we actually lost each other! We travelled with our teenage daughter and she loved having her own space. Kitchen was well equipped and we had a sunset evening 'at home' nipping down to the beach as the sky became red, and lighting a bonfire as the sun disappeared; amazing photo opportunities. We mostly had the beach to ourselves and likewise the kayaks and pedallo. If I'm being picky the bikes were disappointing - cruisers, and a bit past their prime. We had a great ride with hired bikes at Peninsular State Park anyway. Also picky they don't supply coffee like hotel rooms but you can buy bags at reception or at Walmart which is just over a mile away. Everything else was perfect and we didn't want to leave.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Milton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband, son, and I have found our new home away from home. We have traveled the world and this is the best resort we have ever stayed in. We loved it so much we decided to stay one extra day because we were not ready to leave. Beautiful view, the rooms were beyond our expectations, and the ammenities were above and beyond. We tried the free kayaks and row boats and spent a lot of time at both the indoor and outdoor pools. My son also loved playing at the beach. We even shared a campfire with another family. Staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is a great homebase to drive everywhere in Door County but be close to a Walmart to pick up those items you have forgotten to pack. Bay Shore Inn is so quiet and secluded we really felt like we were truly on vacation. I could go on forever about how great the Bay Shore Inn is. We will be staying here again and I will recommend it to all of my family and friends heading to Door County.

• Stayed August 2013
San Jose, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We usually stay at another resort when we come to DC, but they were full, so we decided to try Bay Shore Inn, and we are glad we did. The people were so friendly and accommodating. It was so nice to come back to our beautiful, clean suite at the end of a cold day! The kitchen was well-stocked and the suite was warm, cozy and inviting. We would come back and stay again anytime!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bay Shore Inn? Share your experiences!