“Trail Riding” 5 of 5 stars

Hartland, WI
6 attraction reviews
“Trail Riding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Went on a one hour trail ride at this stable for the first time, great experience, pretty trails, reasonable prices. The stable is well run, good selection of horses for all abilities. The pre-ride video they have is great for riders with little experience. (and I thought it was a nice touch that you can give your horse a treat before and after the ride). Our guide Lucas was very friendly and helpful. They gave me a nice Paso Fino mare, she was very smooth and the ride thru the woods with the fall colors was beautiful. My friend who is an inexperienced rider got a sweet Tennessee Walker gelding who was perfect for her. Next time I'll definitely do the longer ride that includes cantering. I'll definitely recommend this stable to anyone visiting Door County.

Visited October 2012

Carnoustie
12 attraction reviews
“1st time on a horse - loved it !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We turned up without booking midweek , 1st time on a horse for me , my partner had her own horse in britain . we were well catered for with a good choise of horses . Our guide was very friendly and chatty . A lovely ride through the woods and very reasonably priced . I would recomend it to anyone visiting the area

Visited October 2012
Arena, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
“Kids loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

To be honest, the feature we liked best is the fact that children can take a trail ride without having to be accompanied by a parent (after standard waiver signed). Great for parents who have kids who like horses but aren't fond of them themselves, or are deemed too fat to ride (which is silly but pretty common practice)

Madison, Wisconsin
“Went Twice in Two Days!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

Our trip to Kurtz Corral will be talked about by my family for a long time to come. I should say trips as we had so much fun on our first visit, we came back two days later. I have to admit I was a bit nervous when my husband announced he wanted to take me and our 8 yr old daughter riding on our vacation. I had next to no experience riding, our daughter none and well, horses are really big, powerful animals. Upon arrival, we were greeted by Max, one of the friendly farm dogs and two super friendly staff members who immediately put me at ease. After some paperwork, and a quick but informative video, we chose our helmets and armed with treats, went to meet our horses. We had Brianna for our guide both visits and she was a delight; competent, full of knowledge and very good with our daughter. The staff matched us to our horses perfectly: Dakota for my husband (both of whom like to do things their own way), Remmy ( Remington) for our daughter, who was a gentle giant, and Carly for me who was a very good leader and has THE most comfortable saddle ever. On our second visit my husband was paired with Dakota again and my daughter had Scooter and I had Goldilocks. Both rides were so much fun and Brianna took us through fields and woods meandering through less traveled paths on the second ride which was really fun. Our horses were very well behaved and familiar with our routes, but by no means robots. We had plenty of opportunities to practice stopping, starting and turning. After dismounting and feeding our horses treats, we played fetch with Max and cuddled with the adorable kittens on-site. There is no doubt we will make Kurtz Corral a regular stop when visiting Door County.

* Make sure to wear long pants and closed toe shoes*

We had a wonderful 1 hour walk through both fields and woods and

Visited August 2012
Oak Park, Illinois
“Very disappointed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

After picking up a flyer (which are available all over Door County) stating that Kurtz Corral is open until 2:30 and checking the website stating that Kurtz Corral is open until 2:30 with the last trail ride at 3:00, I drove two excited children 45 minutes to Kurtz. We arrived at 1:45 to find nobody at the office and the doors locked. Another group of four (who had the same flyer) was also waiting to ride. At 2:10, an employee walked out and said Kurtz closed at 2:00, despite the fact that they advertise a 2:30 close and seven people were there at 1:45 waiting to ride. When shown the flyer, the employee shrugged and stated she did not know who printed them and walked off. I then had to tell two kids they could not ride and drive 45 minutes back home. Moreover, we were there in August, not the winter months. Very, very disappointed in the service.