“Good comfort food--great prices” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #44 of 77 Restaurants in Sturgeon Bay
Cuisines: Café
Corydon, Indiana
“Good comfort food--great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We have eaten there twice in our travels. Food is good, service is good and the prices are really good ! Nothing fancy but it is where we choose to go.

Visited October 2012

Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, United States
“Epic Fail.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The building used to be the popular "Pudgy Seagull." The business itself is "The Sister Cafe" ported over from down the street. I used to like both restaurants.

My first and only visit to "The Corner Cafe" was at the tail end of the 2011 summer season. My girlfriend and I were repeatedly 'acknowledged' for about 40 minutes before finally taking the hint and walking out. I understand that looks like an exaggeration, but it is not. It was one of those "we reeeally don't wanna cook for ourselves" kind of days, and we held out a lot longer than usual (I'll normally up and leave after 5 minutes if they haven't taken a drink order yet.)

The waitress who kept acknowledging our presence would tell us "oh just 10 more minutes, so sorry" or something similar, as though they were really busy, but they weren't. Then I noticed that tables arriving after us were getting service and we still hadn't even gotten a server to come to our table to take our drink order yet.

Afterwards we ascertained that neither of us knew the waitress or anyone who worked there for that matter. We didn't know why we were singled out, or if this is a common practice.

Visited October 2011
wisconsin
“Nothing great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just an ok place the food is just ok nothing great nothing bad. Service is fast but menu is very basic.

Visited September 2012
USA
“Good soup”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Stumbled onto this place while in pursuit of a good bowl of soup. It was cream of vegetable and it was good. Sanwhich was also. The only down was slow service waiting for our check. Waitress was too busy talking with a guy. Others had the same problem. Food was good. If I am there again not certain I would go again as it was very annoying.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Richmond, Wisconsin
“Fun place for breakfast.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Had breakfast here because it was just a short walk from the Stone Harbor Resort where we were staying. Our waiter rocked! He greeted us with a friendly, "What will you girls be having today." And we're all over 40. Needless to say, he got a great tip. Very friendly staff & good breakfast. I had a sunshine omlett if I remember right and my mom had blueberry pancakes that were real thin and very very good.

Visited August 2012